HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 12, 2001, 08:32 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Craley, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
Want a Biplane for next model

I really want a Biplane for my next electric flyer. It has to be slow and easy to fly. Any suggestions??

P.S. I'm too lazy to build a kit. Or maybe just too anxious to fly. I'm not sure.
sgil2001 is offline Find More Posts by sgil2001
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2001, 08:34 PM
Wilmington Oh 45177
Joined Nov 1999
885 Posts
check http://www.hobby-lobby.com/
They have a few
Regards,
Shelby
shelby is offline Find More Posts by shelby
Old Jun 12, 2001, 08:40 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
I just looked at the Chubby Lady 2 Biplane. Looks pretty nice. Anybody have one?
Old Jun 12, 2001, 09:31 PM
West Chester, OH USA
Joined Jan 2000
1,052 Posts
I have recently purchased, assembled, and flown the new "Miss Chief" bipe, available from Hobby-Lobby and New Creations.

It's a well-built ARF that was easy to put together, and flies very nicely on a 6V Speed 400, 8x800 AR or 8X1400 AE cells, Graupner 2.3:1 gearbox, and APC 9x4.7 slow-fly prop. It's bigger than most park flyers, but flies as slowly as my friend's Albatros park flyer. Flight times are averaging about 10 -12 minutes depending on the pack used. The plane cruises nicely at half throttle. It will ROG and land on pavement, or perhaps very well manicured turf.

The only improvement that I plan to make to this plane is to beef up the landing gear - it's too flimsy and bouncy as supplied. Otherwise, I think this is a great plane for relaxed flying.

Regards,
Don
Don Leitz is offline Find More Posts by Don Leitz
Old Jun 13, 2001, 01:19 AM
ny
Joined Dec 2000
1,270 Posts
Pico is coming out with a Bipe the Tigermoth should be out soon.One of there slowflyers like the Cub
russ6421 is offline Find More Posts by russ6421
Old Jun 13, 2001, 08:29 PM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
The Tiger Moth is a real sweet flyer! It fits your qualifcation of "slow and easy to fly" The plane is without a doubt a true slowflyer. It is best flown in low wind situations due to it's low weight and high drag. Mine weighed in at 7 oz AUW. It handles very well and has a fair amount of power to pull it around the sky. If your are looking for a putt around, layed back flyer than do wait for them to become available. They should be in very soon. If you want something that can handle the wind than choose something else. personally I don't mind only flying it in the eary morning or evening when the winds die down and flying my heavier stuff when it's breezy. JT
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT
Old Jun 13, 2001, 09:15 PM
R/C Enthusiast
Joined May 2001
1,090 Posts
The Tiger Moth sounds great. Where should I look online to buy one (when they become available)?
Old Jun 14, 2001, 07:12 PM
New Milford CT 06776
Joined Sep 2000
621 Posts
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Description.asp?prod=GWS1020&ThisPage=&Category=P& item=& refer=
I just called Horizon to get an actual date that they will be available. The man I spoke with told me that certain dealers will be getting a prelease shipment either tommorow or early next week. These will be just the dealers who are on the special list. I have no idea who they may be. Ask your LHS if they are one. They will be available on the internet site in two weeks.
BTW I just left my sons soccer game. After the game I spent about ten minutes flying around the field while the all kids chased the Tiger Moth trying to catch it. We all had a blast. Those little 6 year olds sure can jump high. It was a big hit with both the kids and the parents. I think I may have attracted a few new eager people to the hobby.
John Tracey

[This message has been edited by JTinCT (edited 06-14-2001).]
JTinCT is offline Find More Posts by JTinCT