HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:02 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
Well, aren't I a lucky boy!

The subject Super Cheetah is now in my hands having been fortunate enough to spot this one in the FS/W area a couple of weeks ago and pulled the trigger before anyone else did. Here she is RTF at 52.4 ounces. The wing-mounted HS-81 servos make this a perfect plane for airbrake programming when landing those short, tight LZs! Ain't she gorgeous?

Thanks, Eric!

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2011, 07:29 PM
Abundantly deficient.......
Orange County, CA
Joined May 2004
723 Posts
Mark, I can almost guarantee you that she will become your go-to plane. Shes fast and SUPER stable and if you come in hard, even cartwheel, no problem. Excellent model and builder as well as being quite a looker. Congrats!

M
CptMike is offline Find More Posts by CptMike
Old Aug 17, 2011, 08:38 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Didnt take you long MW to get here RTF... Glad to see it went to a happy hanger.

Eric
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Old Aug 17, 2011, 10:46 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,500 Posts
The wind wasn't the best today but I took a late sprint over Torrey for a remaiden. Usually the wind dies by just after five pm but it was still running 8-9 at 290 when I got there. The small windsock was flying ok so I made sure everything was moving correcly and heaved the Super Cheetah out over the bluff. A quick trim flight and back in for an easy landing to adjust linkages and back out again. This plane flies like it's on the proverbial rails even in the light lift. It indeed will always be along when I go flying. One thing though...

I've got a heckuva knot on the front of my left ankle. When you land one of these planes and haul in the airbrake a little too soon, go ahead and jump over it when it's sliding towards you in a hurry. Trying to stop it like a foamy with your ankle hurts like hell.

mw
Mark Wood is online now Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Aug 18, 2011, 01:42 AM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Awesome Mark... Super Cheetah's are great Touch and Go planes arent they! More fun than a foamy any day LOL. Put some ice on the ankle and toss her again soon... Video maybe???

Eric
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Old Sep 04, 2014, 06:57 AM
United States, ME, Brunswick
Joined Aug 2014
16 Posts
Hope you guys are happy! Seeing this thread made me pull out my old Cheetah again. :-)
Thinking she needs a new wing though.

Mokulele808,
I like the servo pockets you used in your wing. Where did you find those? I buried mine directly in the foam originally and it didnt hold up as well as I might have hoped.
treadwm is offline Find More Posts by treadwm
Old Sep 08, 2014, 03:54 AM
United States, HI, Maui
Joined Aug 2011
196 Posts
http://www3.omnimodels.com/cgi-bin/w...I=HRCM6307&P=7
8.79 for a pair from Omni Models. I used Z bends but if had to do it again, I would have used clevises on the servo arms as well because the Z bends scraped against the covers. I used HS-82MGs for ailerons and programmed spoilerons which worked great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadwm View Post
Hope you guys are happy! Seeing this thread made me pull out my old Cheetah again. :-)
Thinking she needs a new wing though.

Mokulele808,
I like the servo pockets you used in your wing. Where did you find those? I buried mine directly in the foam originally and it didnt hold up as well as I might have hoped.
Mokulele808 is offline Find More Posts by Mokulele808
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tower Hobbies Vista BL