HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 29, 2009, 06:45 PM
United States, KY, Lexington
Joined May 2009
19 Posts
Question
RC Lander F-16 VS HL F-16

I Noticed that NITROPLANES.com now has the RC Lander F-16 body kit for sale. I was planning on buying the HL F-16 body kit and adding my own electronics, but for only 30$ more is there any reason not to go with the RC lander body kit? The only thing that worries me is that I am not sure what "level" I am considered. The rc lander is intermediate and the hl is beginner. I have never flown a EDF before but if I turn the rates down will it fly the same? I was also planning on using the same electronics either way.
Zagilfyer04 is offline Find More Posts by Zagilfyer04
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2009, 07:12 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagilfyer04
I Noticed that NITROPLANES.com now has the RC Lander F-16 body kit for sale. I was planning on buying the HL F-16 body kit and adding my own electronics, but for only 30$ more is there any reason not to go with the RC lander body kit? The only thing that worries me is that I am not sure what "level" I am considered. The rc lander is intermediate and the hl is beginner. I have never flown a EDF before but if I turn the rates down will it fly the same? I was also planning on using the same electronics either way.

Zagilflyer,

What planes have you flown? Any with ailerons? The HL F-16 is nice, but not as nice as the RClander. I have both. My HL 16 have a Lander 70mm edf unit in her and she flies well and fast. But I personally like my Lander 16 much better. It have retracts, full moving elevator, just looks more scale then the HL. The lander jet is very reative to control inputs.

I would get it from www.EJF.com they have free shipping. And I think for like
247.99 you can get the airframe, retracts, and 4s edf unit with motor factory balanced, ready to drop in. Then you only need battery and servos.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old May 29, 2009, 07:52 PM
Joined May 2009
19 Posts
I regularly fly my zagi with ailerons and have some exsperience with hand launch gliders. I have gotten quite used to the ducted fans on my Real flight 3.5 simulator
Old May 29, 2009, 09:13 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagilfyer04
I regularly fly my zagi with ailerons and have some exsperience with hand launch gliders. I have gotten quite used to the ducted fans on my Real flight 3.5 simulator

Either way you will be fine. I just prefer my RcLander F-16...gears up looks oh so nice.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old May 29, 2009, 09:48 PM
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Sep 2006
2,172 Posts
I didn't like the "D" version that Lander makes at first with it's two-seat cockpit, but it's really grown on me now, and it's a way cooler looking (and sounding, if you opt to get the RC Lander fan/motor combo!) than the HL F-16 in my opinion.
PerlAddict is offline Find More Posts by PerlAddict
Old May 29, 2009, 09:51 PM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,701 Posts
I have posted a few photos around here of recent flights of my RCl F16D ... with the 6S power system. I am REALLY liking it! If you have not seen them already, I'd be happy to post one or two photos here too.
Bajora is online now Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old May 29, 2009, 11:36 PM
LOWERRR!
United States, TX, Roanoke
Joined Sep 2006
1,506 Posts
Are you flying off a runway or handlaunching? A buddy of mine has both planes with identical power systems. Although the Lander looks good in the air, the HL flies much, much better. I believe the weight makes all the difference.. The Lander seemed like it took a lot longer to get "on plane", especially before we pulled the retracts and extra servos.

The HL doesn't seem to have a lot of drawbacks. It flies nice, it's quick, and light. I'd go with it honestly.
MadMonkey572 is online now Find More Posts by MadMonkey572
Old May 30, 2009, 10:11 AM
Joined May 2009
19 Posts
I'm Obviously new to EDF's and to me some are impossible to tell apart. Bannanahobby has an F-16 that looks identical to the hl F-16. Are they the same and if not is the BH any diffrent?