SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined May 2004
68 Posts
Discussion
Maiden Flight - Flyzone Cessna 182 Select Scale

Wel...I maidened my new Flyzone Cessna 182 Select Scale this morning, and overall I think it went really well. I had to go to an alternate flying field this morning, so i was not used to the pattern and location. I had to adjust from a large 60 acre park to a smaller runway (Marymoor Park), as well as landing from left to right instead of right to left that I'm used to.

Anyways, the aircraft had no problem taking off from the well maintained grass strip, and I did have to trim a little bit. I was able to trim all flight controls, but for elevator, I ended up using all of my down trim, so I'll have to adjust the servo link a bit. The CG was good before takeoff and in the air, the plane handled quite well. I was able to fly well at 1/2 throttle. I'm still learning, so I know that practice will help. I was amazied how well the flaps work, I was able to slow it down alot and my landing was slow. I did bounce a little bit, as there was a 7 mph crosswind, plus I have not landed left to right before, so I know that will take getting used to. The plane at least came down soft and slow, so it was completely unscathed and ready for the next flight (Which I could not do...since I had to go to work).

Overall, I'm impressed with this plane and the looks, so hopefully it will get a lot of flights!
Mikefly562 is offline Find More Posts by Mikefly562
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2009, 08:38 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Congrats on a successful maiden flight, Mikefly. May you have many more.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b