SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:03 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
442 Posts
Thanks David. Can i use Celllog to monitor/log single cell charging or discharging since my 106 doesnt have that features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Yes, JST-XH or JST-EH taps (1S-8S) can be plugged directly in.

I'm looking forward to version 2.04 and what it has in store.

Cheers,
David
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:23 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Sure, although below 4.0V input you will need separate USB power to the CellLog. Working voltage is 4-43V, but with USB power hooked up you can go down to 1.0V.

- David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 08, 2009, 10:04 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
LiPo

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=1
and these values will be different based on cells true C rate,dischrge rate, temperature ,etc.

A123 LiFePO4 , no load volrage mean next to nothing capacity wise.

Charles
Hello Charles,

Thank you so much for your information. Our engineer will read it later.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jul 09, 2009, 01:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
442 Posts
Finally got my Celllog but something is wrong.

Junsi can you help, after entering System->LCD Screen, the are alot of "garbage" on screen and several vertical and horizontal lines. Device is currently powered by USB, when the first time i powered it on the screen was clean until i entered the LCD Screen Menu even unpluging the usb and plug it in again doesnt solve the problem.

I tried using the upgrader to upgrade the firmware but cant find any on the cd nor with download option.

Picture 1

EDITED(wrong picture)
Picture 2

Thanks.
Last edited by rizky_p; Jul 09, 2009 at 02:37 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2009, 01:55 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
Finally got my Celllog but something is wrong.

Junsi can you help, after entering System->LCD Screen, the are alot of "garbage" on screen and several vertical and horizontal lines. Device is currently powered by USB, when the first time i powered it on the screen was clean until i entered the LCD Screen Menu even unpluging the usb and plug it in again doesnt solve the problem.

I tried using the upgrader to upgrade the firmware but cant find any on the cd nor with download option.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Thanks.
Hello Sir,

When you start the CellLog, would you pls enter to Main Menu, then in System Setting, select LCD screen and adjust Contrast to "-" (decrease it) appropriately?

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 09, 2009, 02:38 AM
Joined Apr 2007
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Sir,

When you start the CellLog, would you pls enter to Main Menu, then in System Setting, select LCD screen and adjust Contrast to "-" (decrease it) appropriately?

Regards,
Junsi
Sorry somehow posted the same picture twice. Picture 2 fixed now. I'll try as you suggested, will reply soon.

Update:
I have tried as you suggested, but the problem still remains as you can see in the pictures. In picture 3 i cant see the top Values this is where the problems is most annoying. The problems is when there is a white background, with the black background the problems doesnt seems too be annoying.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3

Thanks.
Last edited by rizky_p; Jul 09, 2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old Jul 09, 2009, 03:23 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizky_p
Sorry somehow posted the same picture twice. Picture 2 fixed now. I'll try as you suggested, will reply soon.

Update:
I have tried as you suggested, but the problem still remains as you can see in the pictures. In picture 3 i cant see the top Values this is where the problems is most annoying. The problems is when there is a white background, with the black background the problems doesnt seems too be annoying.

Thanks.
Hello Sir,

Sorry to say that it brings you trouble. There is a black line in your Pic 1, and it should be LCD problem. Later, we will PM you, pls check it!

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 10, 2009, 12:12 AM
Joined Apr 2007
442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Sir,

Sorry to say that it brings you trouble. There is a black line in your Pic 1, and it should be LCD problem. Later, we will PM you, pls check it!

Regards,
Junsi
Thanks Junsi.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 05:42 PM
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Joined May 2003
225 Posts
New Cell log owner!

I have just purchased a new cell log from Hobby King.
I have installed the USB Driver and the logview software. I plugged in the Cell log into the USB port and it powers up fine and the screen looks good.
I have read the manual but I don't understand the supplied wires in the box.
One of them has two alligator clips ending in a jst connector. The other is to be plugged into the alarm port on the cell log and the opposite end has bare leads. Could someone enlighten me as to the proper steps to use these supplied harnesses. Thank You,

Mike
Efloatflyer is online now Find More Posts by Efloatflyer
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:32 PM
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Joined May 2003
225 Posts
Ok.... the cell log startup screen shows version 2.03
I tried to use the junsi upgrader from the mini cd to download the newest 2.4 version
but I had the same problem as those previous to me did. I cannot select a file to upgrade. I see Junsi saying that you can get the latest version 2.4 from the included mini cd. The only thing I see is the logview software which is version 2.4!
Perhaps I am mistaken.... I thought the logview software was a seperate software from the cell log software....... good grief.
Efloatflyer is online now Find More Posts by Efloatflyer
Old Jul 12, 2009, 06:43 PM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Yes, to be clear: LogView latest software version = 2.4, CellLog latest firmware version = 2.03
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2009, 01:27 AM
Joined Apr 2007
442 Posts
[deleted] should be in 106 thread

Thanks.
Last edited by rizky_p; Jul 25, 2009 at 01:29 AM. Reason: wrong thread
Old Jul 26, 2009, 02:18 AM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jan 2008
50 Posts
Hi Junsi,
It's "annoying" to wait for the initial status display to finishing before CellLog start to display battery condition, especially if I want to check many batteries.

My suggestions for improvement is to change the FW so the CellLog goes direct to the cell status display when a battery is connected.
Add a new main menu entry for displaying information about revision, status etc.

-Frank-
quadrocopter is offline Find More Posts by quadrocopter
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,086 Posts
Hello Sir,

We have improved the CellLog firmware for the sampling rate and setting initial startup display, but this also needs logview members' support. So here we released is only beta version on the first page, you can try it to upgrade your CellLog.

Regards,
Junsi