HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 27, 2012, 01:49 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,308 Posts
Si wire extension balance leads

Well at least one Chinese manufacturer makes up 2S-6S extension JST XH balance leads with Si wire.

Detailed Product Description

Male and female JST XH cable / Balance cable (2S~6S)

1. Housing: male or female JST XH (2s~6s)
2. Wire: 22AWG UL1007 PVC or Silicone wire.

Now all you have to do is find someone who sells them in less than 500 lots.

http://hexiedz.en.alibaba.com/produc...le_2S_6S_.html

UPDATE: I sent this to Anthony Hand at HobbyKing

"Anthony have you thought of stocking LiPo balance extension leads with Si wire? Much more flexible and better. At least one manufacturer makes them. http://hexiedz.en.alibaba.com"

Got a quick reply that he thought it was a good idea and would forward on to the relevant dept.

You never know - here's hoping. I imagine they would be pretty popular with the multi-rotor guys for example. Particularly if you were wanting to mount a CellLog in a convenient position to see and set alarms.

John
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Jul 27, 2012 at 05:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 28, 2012, 12:53 AM
What's Nitro?
United States, IL, Schaumburg
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Cool, thanks! That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

On another note, I set my Low Voltage alarm to 3.85v and had a tried a pack on the bench (was testing heli drivetrain). I saw the CellLog go down to 3.85v on several cells but I never heard an alarm. I may have heard a few beeps when it went a little below that but nothing like an "alarm". The display did flash "LOW" under the appropriate cell however.

Did I miss a setting? Is the internal buzzer defective? What kind of buzzer would I need to solder to the included cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post

You never know - here's hoping. I imagine they would be pretty popular with the multi-rotor guys for example. Particularly if you were wanting to mount a CellLog in a convenient position to see and set alarms.

John
RCnGuy is offline Find More Posts by RCnGuy
Last edited by RCnGuy; Jul 28, 2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 02:06 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,308 Posts
Did you select "Cell voltage" as the alarm trigger?

The CellLog will trigger on a variety of pack voltage, cell voltage, and time out. They include Low High and Difference. You select the values after you select the battery type, LiPo in your case. It is the Alarm menu.
But you also need select which ones are active from the Alarm Trigger menu which is after "Time over".

If you have low battery selected and not low cell it is possible for a cell to go below its low limit and flash but the alarm won't sound since low battery has not been reached if the battery is unbalanced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCnGuy View Post
Cool, thanks! That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing.

On another note, I set my Low Voltage alarm to 3.85v and had a tried a pack on the bench (was testing heli drivetrain). I saw the CellLog go down to 3.85v on several cells but I never heard an alarm. I may have heard a few beeps when it went a little below that but nothing like an "alarm". The display did flash "LOW" under the appropriate cell however.

Did I miss a setting? Is the internal buzzer defective? What kind of buzzer would I need to solder to the included cable?
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:09 AM
Österreich, Stmk., Graz
Joined Oct 2011
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Are I'm doing something wrong or is it an issue with my Powerlog? I'm trying to use the RPM function. I choose it in the menu and point it towards the prop in daylight. The only thing happens is it sometimes shows 500-600RPM or zero despite the real RPM is between 7000-12000.
Thanks, Håkan
Hello Håkan, had the same problem.

maybe these posts will help you:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=591
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=593
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=598

BR Gernot
Gepe is offline Find More Posts by Gepe
Old Jul 28, 2012, 04:43 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gepe View Post
Thanks!

I will try it out.

/Håkan
hakank is online now Find More Posts by hakank
Old Jul 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
What's Nitro?
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Yes, I had set "Cell Voltage" to trigger but NOT "Pack Voltage"

I set the High value to 4.21 and left the Difference at 500mV

I set the Low value to 3.85v

I also set "Alarm Trigger" to "Low Voltage" ON and "Difference" ON

I left "Over Time Alarm" to 120min (default) since I wasn't going to use this mode.

I assumed as soon as ONE cell hit 3.85, I'd hear an alarm.

Quote:
Did you select "Cell voltage" as the alarm trigger?

The CellLog will trigger on a variety of pack voltage, cell voltage, and time out. They include Low High and Difference. You select the values after you select the battery type, LiPo in your case. It is the Alarm menu.
But you also need select which ones are active from the Alarm Trigger menu which is after "Time over".

If you have low battery selected and not low cell it is possible for a cell to go below its low limit and flash but the alarm won't sound since low battery has not been reached if the battery is unbalanced.
Last edited by RCnGuy; Jul 28, 2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 01:05 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,308 Posts
That's what it should do.
Quote:
Yes, I had set "Cell Voltage" to trigger but NOT "Pack Voltage"

I set the High value to 4.21 and left the Difference at 500mV

I set the Low value to 3.85v

I also set "Alarm Trigger" to "Low Voltage" ON and "Difference" ON

I left "Over Time Alarm" to 120min (default) since I wasn't going to use this mode.

I assumed as soon as ONE cell hit 3.85, I'd hear an alarm.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 10:05 PM
What's Nitro?
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
John, I heard the alarm today

It was not during flight however (didn't put the CellLog on board).

After the flights though, I connected it and all 6 cells were showing "LOW" and the beeper was beeping about 1 time every 2 seconds. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound loud enough to use as an "in flight" Lipo alarm and 1 beep every 2 seconds is not exactly an attention grabber.

I'm not sure if adding an external buzzer would solve that.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 02:50 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,308 Posts
You cannot just connect an external buzzer without modifying the CellLog internally. You can connect anything you like through the external alarm port if you provide the correct power and amplification so you don't overload the internal output transistor which is rated to 500mA (from memory - better check the specs).

So if you want to have an air-raid siren to announce low voltage you could if you wanted to.
Quote:
John, I heard the alarm today

It was not during flight however (didn't put the CellLog on board).

After the flights though, I connected it and all 6 cells were showing "LOW" and the beeper was beeping about 1 time every 2 seconds. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound loud enough to use as an "in flight" Lipo alarm and 1 beep every 2 seconds is not exactly an attention grabber.

I'm not sure if adding an external buzzer would solve that.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 09:48 AM
What's Nitro?
Joined Dec 2007
760 Posts
Ok thanks. I think I'll just try the cheap 12s Lipo alarms I just ordered.

Quote:
You cannot just connect an external buzzer without modifying the CellLog internally. You can connect anything you like through the external alarm port if you provide the correct power and amplification so you don't overload the internal output transistor which is rated to 500mA (from memory - better check the specs).

So if you want to have an air-raid siren to announce low voltage you could if you wanted to.
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:18 PM
Schweiz, ZG, Cham
Joined May 2008
17 Posts
PWM Output - Higher repeat speed as default 20ms?

The manual says for PWM Output:

"The regular period of PWM output is 20ms, and PWM pulse signal with changeable duty cycle. With regard to servo and throttle signal, the positive pulse width is altering between 1 to 2ms."

I am looking for a solution to test ESC for Multicopters. More and more controllers like e.g. NAZA have a repeat rate of 400 Hz or even higher and I want to test my ESC and not just try and error. More and more ESC can handle these hight rates by default without changing firmware, but it's hard to find out.

I was thinking of using the PowerLog for this ESC test since I own it (latest FW), but I can't find an option to set the PWM output frequency . The output is always fix 20 ms? Or do I miss something? As of the manual Input measuring can measure the repeat rate in Hz.

Thanks for any expert comment on this.
willie_k is offline Find More Posts by willie_k
Last edited by willie_k; Aug 12, 2012 at 08:33 AM.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 01:49 AM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willie_k View Post
The manual says for PWM Output:

"The regular period of PWM output is 20ms, and PWM pulse signal with changeable duty cycle. With regard to servo and throttle signal, the positive pulse width is altering between 1 to 2ms."

I am looking for a solution to test ESC for Multicopters. More and more controllers like e.g. NAZA have a repeat rate of 400 Hz or even higher and I want to test my ESC and not just try and error. More and more ESC can handle these hight rates by default without changing firmware, but it's hard to find out.

I was thinking of using the PowerLog for this ESC test since I own it (latest FW), but I can't find an option to set the PWM output frequency . The output is always fix 20 ms? Or do I miss something? As of the manual Input measuring can measure the repeat rate in Hz.

Thanks for any expert comment on this.
Have you read the page 16, can set PWM output.
driveday is offline Find More Posts by driveday
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:44 AM
Sweden (Åkersberga)
Joined Nov 2004
669 Posts
Display issues

Has anyone experienced what I do. Pls see pic. If so, is there a fix or do I have to live with it? It started to happen just recently without any apparent reason. The powerlog is not a year old. I'm afraid the whole display will give up sooner or later..

Thanks,

/Håkan
hakank is online now Find More Posts by hakank
Old Sep 11, 2012, 03:48 PM
Joined Sep 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritzi View Post
I have just received a brand new Celllog S8 from Hobbyking.

First thing I did was to update it using the updater on the CD that came with the product.

Since then, everytime I plug in Celllog to the USB port or use it in any other way it says "ERR: Flash Memory" and it does not save any logging data. All other functions seem to work fine.

Anything I can do to solve this problem? Anyone else ever experienced this?
Exactly same problem here. Any help Junsi, please?
Dumle is offline Find More Posts by Dumle
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:14 PM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,082 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakank View Post
Has anyone experienced what I do. Pls see pic. If so, is there a fix or do I have to live with it? It started to happen just recently without any apparent reason. The powerlog is not a year old. I'm afraid the whole display will give up sooner or later..

Thanks,

/Håkan
Sorry to cause you this trouble, please check the PM we have sent to you.

Junsi
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi