SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 27, 2009, 02:26 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Discussion
CellLog and PowerLog have been released!

I’d like to recommend you a newly produced CellLog 8S, which can measure 2-8S Li battery individual voltage, and NiMH, NiCd, Pb battery pack voltage. It has a 16Mbit flash storage, which can log offline data in 36 hours. It not only supports upgrading the hardware program by USB port, but also supports the “logview” software and can display, plot and analyze the charge and discharge data by it.

Are you eager to know details about it? The following lists are its main specifications:

Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) battery cell count: 2 – 8 series
Pack voltage range: 4.0 – 43.0VDC (USB can provide lower voltage 1.0V)
Alarm pack voltage range: 0.1 – 43.0VDC
Cell voltage range: 1.3 – 4.9VDC
Alarm cell voltage range: 1.3 – 4.9VDC
Voltage display resolution: 1mV
Current loading of test: 8mA
Maximum voltage for alarm port: 50VDC
Current drain for alarm port: <500mA
Log Files storage: 16Mbit (36 hours)
Sample logging time interval: 2 seconds
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 18g
Dimensions (L X W X D): 62X39X12mm
2.44”X1.53”X0.47”

Another data logger product PowerLog has been released already. The following information is PowerLog introduction:

PowerLog is one multifunctional compact monitoring and logging machine, adopting 32 bit ARM processor, with 12 bit A/D convertor to ensure the measurement.

Spcifications:
Input voltage range: 4.5 – 60.0VDC
Current measurement range: -130A – +130A(continuance -40A – +40A)
Cell voltage range: 0.05 – 28.0VDC
External temperature measurement range: -55℃– +125℃ (-67 oF–+257 oF)
Pulse measurement range: 10us–999999us
Steering gear pulse output range: 0–20ms (0.5us step)
RPM measurement range: 0–99999 RPM
Voltage display resolution: 1mV
Current loading of test: 12mA
Maximum voltage for alarm port: 50VDC
Current drain for alarm port: <500mA
Log Files storage: 16Mbit (33 hours@2 seconds logging interval)
Sample logging time interval: 0.25 – 60 seconds
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 28g
Dimensions (L X W X D): 85X40X13mm
3.34”X1.57”X0.51”
Special features:
PowerLog 6S allows bidirectional current sensing, adopting 0.2 mΩ current sampling resistor with low insertion loss.

1 channel 0-60V voltage measurement. 6 channels cells voltage measurement (can not only measure 1-6S Li/ NiMH/NiCd/ Pb battery individual voltage, but also measure 6 channels 0.05-28V voltage).

4 channels temperature measurement (1 channel internal temperature measurement and 3 channels external temperature measurement).

Propeller RPM measurement, adopting non-contact optical sensing, user settable blade number.

Pulse signal measurement: frequency, period, pulse width, duty cycle. Applicable to remote control channel signal, measure, and monitor.

Steering gear driver output: manual and auto mode, auto mode is able to break in steering gear.

Small size with multiple functions, backlight 128*64 lattices LCD and Buzzer Tone Reminder; the interface can be operated smoothly.

It can be set Cells Voltage, Pack Voltage, Timer Over, Current, Power, Capacity, Temperature, RPM, Period and Pulse Alarm. What’s more, the extra alarm output can be linkage controlled by the users.

It has 8 sets default monitor alarm settings, which can be selected for different battery packs.

PowerLog 6S has been 100% calibrated before it enters to the market, at the same time, it supports the calibration by users themselves.

The logging interval can be set by users’ different needs. PowerLog 6S has a 16Mbit flash storage, which can log offline data in 33 hours @2 seconds logging interval.

Support upgrading the hardware program by USB port. Adopting HID protocol, dispense with installing Driver from PC, plug and play.

The PowerLog 6S also supports the “logview” software and can display, plot and analyze the charge and discharge data by it. (See detail information about logview in the following website: http://www.logview.info)

You can find detail information and their related products in the website: http://www.jun-si.com/Enproducts.asp
and download its manual here: http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/CellLog_8S.pdf
the USB driver and upgrader http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/8S.rar
and update note:
http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/Re...es-CellLog.txt
http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/Re...owerlog 6S.txt

PowerLog 6S User's Manual is uploaded to this thread, see as the file below.

Gratitude to John for his working on Best-yet Auto Disconnector for LiPo Storage/Discharge
You can see details here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...97&postcount=1

Gratitude to AJH for his great job on writing a simplified data reading/display program for PowerLog and CellLog instead of Logview.
You can see details here! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=433
And you can download the programs directly from here: CellLog and PowerLog

What's more, you can consult another linking: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839657.
If you have any questions,please contact with szjunsi@163.com directly.
junsi is offline Find More Posts by junsi
Last edited by junsi; May 31, 2013 at 02:18 AM. Reason: PowerLog has been released!
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 02:49 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
6,407 Posts
Very interesting.

At that size and weight it could be an airborne cell monitor on many medium or larger size models.

I can see that it could also be used to add logging capability to a charger that does not have its own logging/charting features. That would require a parallel adapter for the balance port to enable the battery to be connected to both the charger/balancer and the CellLog.
kgfly is offline Find More Posts by kgfly
Old May 27, 2009, 02:49 AM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Looks promising, any idea on availability and pricing?
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old May 27, 2009, 04:20 AM
Munich, Germany
Joined Nov 2003
511 Posts
Very nice.

For inflight-logging I would like to have shorter interval... 4 times/second or even more... We don't need 36hours, but (optional) finer resolution would be nice.

- Oliver
Smeagle is offline Find More Posts by Smeagle
Old May 27, 2009, 04:25 AM
iCharger 106B user
Lab, Slovak Republic
Joined Jun 2008
400 Posts
subscribed
i have eagletree, but this looks sweet

Yes, logging can be done adjusted
alex.guzun is offline Find More Posts by alex.guzun
Old May 27, 2009, 05:47 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagle
(optional) finer resolution would be nice.

- Oliver
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for your support of our products. As for your suggestion, we will improve it in the next version.

Regards,
Junsi
Old May 27, 2009, 11:12 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM732
Looks promising, any idea on availability and pricing?
Steve,

Units are expected to be shipping to customers in 1-2 weeks with a retail price of around $40.

- David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2009, 11:19 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.guzun
subscribed
i have eagletree, but this looks sweet

Yes, logging can be done adjusted
Yes Alex, I love my EagleTree too, and the Cell Log will compliment it well by providing very precise logging of individual cell voltages and an in-flight alarm for low cell voltage.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old May 27, 2009, 03:48 PM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by write2dgray
Yes Alex, I love my EagleTree too, and the Cell Log will compliment it well by providing very precise logging of individual cell voltages and an in-flight alarm for low cell voltage.

Cheers,
David
EagleTree had plans for a cell voltage sensor but it never became a reality.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old May 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
Silicon/poker/chocolate chips
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2008
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
EagleTree had plans for a cell voltage sensor but it never became a reality.
That is too bad. I would probably buy an Eagletree system if they had a sensor that would monitor individual cells.
Chip Geek is offline Find More Posts by Chip Geek
Old May 30, 2009, 05:40 PM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
This looks very interesting Junsi, I will buy one!
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Old May 30, 2009, 11:46 PM
Silicon/poker/chocolate chips
Austin, TX
Joined Sep 2008
1,376 Posts
Suggested firmware improvement

I plan on buying one or two of these and I have been thinking about how I would like them to work. As someone else mentioned, I would also like to be able to change the rate at which the samples are stored to memory.

The ideal solution would be to sample the cell voltages as fast as the microcontroller can (maybe 1000 or more times per second) and then record the highest and lowest voltages observed during that interval. For example, if the microcontroller does sample at 1000 times per second and the user requests storing the values 10 times per second, then each recorded value would be the highest and lowest voltages observed for the last 100 samples.
Chip Geek is offline Find More Posts by Chip Geek
Old May 31, 2009, 06:02 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Geek
I plan on buying one or two of these and I have been thinking about how I would like them to work. As someone else mentioned, I would also like to be able to change the rate at which the samples are stored to memory.

The ideal solution would be to sample the cell voltages as fast as the microcontroller can (maybe 1000 or more times per second) and then record the highest and lowest voltages observed during that interval. For example, if the microcontroller does sample at 1000 times per second and the user requests storing the values 10 times per second, then each recorded value would be the highest and lowest voltages observed for the last 100 samples.
Hello Sir,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Since during the interval, it will save, send data to the USB, then control it, so this whole samples cycle needs not a short time. Our engineer has tested it as 0.5 second per time. Anyway, we will try to improve the firmware, to see if this can be shorted in 0.25s. However, if it is not enough, maybe there should be some improvements in designing.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 02, 2009, 07:43 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Since during the interval, it will save, send data to the USB, then control it, so this whole samples cycle needs not a short time. Our engineer has tested it as 0.5 second per time. Anyway, we will try to improve the firmware, to see if this can be shorted in 0.25s.
I think the idea was not to shorten the logging interval, but to do as many samples as possible during that interval and log Vmin and Vmax, instead of (or in addition to) an average.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Jun 03, 2009, 05:26 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,087 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen
I think the idea was not to shorten the logging interval, but to do as many samples as possible during that interval and log Vmin and Vmax, instead of (or in addition to) an average.

Fred
Hello Fred,

Actually, the data we get is the average value after doing 40 samples, and getting rid of Vmin and Vmax.

Regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jan 23, 2011 at 08:50 PM.