SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:27 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
"SCRAMBLER" finished and ready to trim. Weighs 9oz. including original Mills.75 and KSB DT timer.

Old Tornado wooden prop. and Keil Kraft spinner for show only.
Will fly it with a Taipan 8 X 4.
gossie is online now Find More Posts by gossie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:09 AM
Auckland New Zealand
Joined Aug 2004
933 Posts
Another masterpiece by gossie

colin.
ColinNZ is online now Find More Posts by ColinNZ
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:37 AM
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,006 Posts
Great job Gossie - original colours too, good effort considering there was no plan to start with!
Sundancer is offline Find More Posts by Sundancer
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:13 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer View Post
Great job Gossie - original colours too, good effort considering there was no plan to start with!
Original colors because I have a little yellow Modelspan tissue as used on the original, and the paint on the fuselage is Dulux red enamel, also as used on the original model.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 09:03 AM
The dog ate my clearance
Joined Jan 2004
1,096 Posts
Gossie,

That's a wonderful project. It's a great tribute to your friend to restore his creation as you've done. Nice job!
brokenspar is offline Find More Posts by brokenspar
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:26 PM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Oct 2006
595 Posts
Gossie,
Thats a cute little model for sure, and with interesting history as well.
I will be Brisbane / Gold Coast after Xmas for a couple of weeks with another of my aeromodelling buddies from UK, would be nice to say Hi and visit your field if your about! Might even bring a small model out with me!!
Mark
marksherlock is offline Find More Posts by marksherlock
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:59 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marksherlock View Post
Gossie,
Thats a cute little model for sure, and with interesting history as well.
I will be Brisbane / Gold Coast after Xmas for a couple of weeks with another of my aeromodelling buddies from UK, would be nice to say Hi and visit your field if your about! Might even bring a small model out with me!!
Mark
That could be good. 0421620743 Give me a call and we will see how we go.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 07:55 AM
United Kingdom, England, Essex
Joined Oct 2006
595 Posts
Gossie,
Many thanks once again for your hospitality, it was great to catch up with you during my trip to Australia. Also - as promised - after I return to UK on Sunday, I will start a Scrambler from your plan and carry on your thread with the build. Will build it as light as pos and use a DC Dart which needs a model. Also I will refrain from RC.. This will be free flight. First in a long time Hope to fly it this summer in UK - if we have one
Mark
marksherlock is offline Find More Posts by marksherlock
Old Jan 18, 2013, 04:12 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,536 Posts
Was great you made it to our place Mark with Ramsay and even better you are to make a Scrambler.
Just to let the guys know here the original is in good care with a young all round aeromodeller as a museum piece as such, and the replica that I built was semi trimmed last year......it was too nose heavy so I did at the time jack up the stab. and jack up the front of the wing with scrap 1/8th balsa to have it fly sort of.

Since then I have moved the Mills back using the holes on the rear in the wooden engine bearers to take the front holes on the engine and new holes at the rear for the rear engine holes to get the CG back........I did take it to our Nats a couple of weeks back to give it a fly for fun at some time but that never worked out as it was far too windy for trimming.

I'm sure most of you have seen the news of our terrible fires all over here in Australia.
At the Nats that were held in Narrendera NSW every day the wind was steady just below our flying limit of 9 meters per second and the temperature was from 42c to 46c, so it's no wonder the fires are happening and trimming was out......but some of our Nats went ahead for four days in the heat and wind until the event was truncated.

I was able to win the Open Power event using a Rossi 15 model, with a very good friend retrieving it on the last flight for me......they were going about 4 kilometers down wind.....same in the Open Rubber that I got 3rd place in.....was a very tough Nats.