SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2009, 10:42 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Rave
The planes that just wont get along!

I have had two planes sitting on the shelf (seperate shelves) for nearly 2 years awaiting their turn on the building table. Well, FINALLY I busted out the 42" Ohio Combat Sledgehammer and the 40" Ritewing Demon and got to work.

Normally, building two similar planes at the same time is no problem. However, these two have "history". They just cant seem to get along with eachother. Every time I put them next to eachother on the table they argue and bicker back and forth about who is faster, who is stronger or who is this or that. So, after numerous times having to seperate them and smack them on the noses with a hot covering iron they are FINALLY getting along better.

Both planes have "reccomended build techniques". I said, screw that and I am building them both identically and Im doing it "Laines way". Basically Im using little bits from each method plus some of my own. Doing this keeps them "equal-ish" and makes it much faster and easier for me.

Both planes will run on 3900 kv Neu motors, Castle Phoenix 80 ESC's 3S lipos and AR 500 RX's.

I am now to the point where the electronics are installed and I have started covering the planes. So, without further blabbering about this and that, here is a picture of the bottom of both of the wings. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce, my O.C. Sledgehammer and my R.W. Demon.

(Bottom of the Demon is black, bottom of the Sledge is orange)

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 04:47 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2006
3,332 Posts
hmm... nice.. they look alot alike
paintz2007 is offline Find More Posts by paintz2007
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 27, 2009, 05:39 PM
Read My Blog!
Northern California
Joined Jan 2009
1,845 Posts
I bet the color scheme will be really confusing flying one then the other

"hmmmm, which one am I flying, Sledge or Demon, is it inverted or right side up"

looks really good
HawkerTyphoon is offline Find More Posts by HawkerTyphoon
Old May 27, 2009, 07:54 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
Nah, you havent seen the tops of them yet! No confusion with these two!

Thanks for the compliments.

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69