HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by RCPC, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2009, 03:27 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
For Sale
Extreme Flight Yak-54 47" RTF (Never Flown)

I got this airframe for Christmas and built it, but never flew it. I have been having too much fun with my Slick and my passion for powered flight is waning, so on the auction block it goes.

This is the Extreme Flight Yak-54 47" and it is currently out of stock. I have wanted this plane since it came out but once I got it, I lost interest in it. Go figure I am selling it complete RTF with the following electronics: Torque 820 outrunner, Airboss 45A Elite ESC, HS-65HBs for ailerons, HS-65MGs for elevator and rudder, and a Spektrum AR6000 rx. The AUW minus battery is 37.7oz. The airframe is brand-spanking-new but the electronics once lived in my Velox which I sold a while back.

I have made a couple mods such as wing auto-connectors for plug-and-play action, and I upgraded the landing gear with one from United Hobbies. This is the same gear used in the 3DHS Aspera and looks perfect on the Yak. It looks more scale than the stock landing gear.

The price is $275 RTF, and $250 is you dont want the rx because I know some people are still flying on 72MHz. This is local pick-up only because shipping is too expensive and I want the buyer to look over the model and be completely satisfied. If you are like me, I am very hesitant about buying planes that someone else built because some of us get a little lazy (I am not pointing fingers ) and I feel that everyone should fully inspect every plane they buy.

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or send me a PM.
Cheers
Paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2009, 11:27 AM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,422 Posts
Trader Rating: 287
Hey Paul;

I would buy this in a heartbeat if you were a 'little' closer to me. Looks like I will have to build my own. Would you mind posting the link to the aileron connectors and landing gear that you added.

Thanks;
Rod
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old May 26, 2009, 02:48 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
the aileron auto-connectors are simply 3-pin deans plugs that are installed parallel to the wing spar. i added plywood mounts and used thick CA with kicker to fix them. use thick or medium CA since thin CA has a tendency to wick inside the pin housing.

the landing gear is pretty simply. it is the aspera landing gear from 3DHS, cut down a bit to fit and an extra hole drilled with a wood screw to secure.
cheers
paul
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2009, 06:19 PM
Lost it again!!!!!
United States, CA, Menifee
Joined Aug 2007
1,105 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
Hey Paul,

I would love to get that from you, but I would just turn it into splinters and I couldn't live with myself after that

Let me know if you get up this way and we can hit the slope
dirtman is offline Find More Posts by dirtman
Old Jun 02, 2009, 09:33 PM
Joined Apr 2007
3,060 Posts
Curt, beating planes is not nice

i will give you a call when the winds look good and i am coming up to the cross. i only have my bee which is really beat right now. i have the new weasel but havent built it yet. i am too busy flying thermal and DLG to do anything else, hence the reason i am selling this yak.
cheers
paul
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread