HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 26, 2009, 12:39 AM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
Gallery
Local's Having Fun..

Earlier today, I was able to take advantage of a break in the weather and join some local buddies in an activity we call "flyin at the Met". It's actually the parking lot for the stadium that is home to our local Minor League team the Birmingham Barrons which I believe is a White Sox Farm team. It's wide open and lots of smooth pavement to take off and land from. We try to take good care of the place and pick up after ourselves and nobody has ever said not to do it, so we meet there all the time. Here's a few pictures of what went on in one of the most calm and beautiful evenings we've had here in a week or so.

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by UBILDIT; May 26, 2009 at 12:42 AM. Reason: correction of plane type
to remove ads between posts
Old May 27, 2009, 08:37 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,828 Posts
Nice! Looks like a great place to fly Bo. Maybe one day I'll get down there and do a few laps with you guys.

Im diggin the twin too dude. What posessed you to do that? It looks like a hoot to fly.

Laters Big Bad Bo Diddly

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old May 28, 2009, 05:09 PM
Dangerous with CA
B'ham, AL
Joined Sep 2008
227 Posts
Are you kidding ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmopar69
Im diggin the twin too dude. What posessed you to do that? It looks like a hoot to fly.

Laters Big Bad Bo Diddly

Laine.

Only the strangest of forces are in play concerning Bo. Our group always enjoys Bo coming out to the Met 'cause there is no telling what new invention he will pull out of the car (ie. the Flying Pizza)

My favorite was watching his hopped up FunJet go from 120mph to Zero in the span of 3 feet when the canopy flew off A video of that would have been priceless.
AtTheMet is offline Find More Posts by AtTheMet
Old May 28, 2009, 05:22 PM
Dangerous with CA
B'ham, AL
Joined Sep 2008
227 Posts
Nice socks

(Bo is gonna kill me )
Old Jun 02, 2009, 08:02 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA
Joined Jan 2006
1,457 Posts
It's On Now..

Yes... post a picture of me from over six months ago, with non-matching socks... My feelings are hurt now for sure. And don't encourage Lmopar 69 to show up. He's how I learned not to perform requested maneuvers while flying..just about anything... for example while at Ft.Rucker and I was visiting.. he said "lets see the roll rate on that thing".. so being an obliging sort of guy I proceed to roll this fast little superfly hybrid thing at dusk and end up inverted when I pulled ... what was supposed to be up and out of the roll. I'm pretty sure that the can to the brushless motor on that plane is still embedded in a tree or the soil of the parade grounds at Ft. Rucker where we were flying that day.. It's how I learned to say "sorry I don't do requests..." you're just asking for trouble if you do... LOL..

Bo
UBILDIT is offline Find More Posts by UBILDIT
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LaTrax Alias with a 1Si Camera
Old Jun 03, 2009, 09:52 AM
Dangerous with CA
B'ham, AL
Joined Sep 2008
227 Posts
Requests

Definitely agree on the doing requests thing. The last one I did was... "How does that F-4 glide with no power"

And I guess I deserve 40 lashes for posting the pic...