Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 13, 2009, 02:39 PM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
Well I went back and found this pictorial collection at Godalming Models ...pictures only but usefull if you want to put a name to something http://www.radiocontrolmodels.co.uk/...y_frameset.htm
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 13, 2009, 08:30 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,806 Posts
Dwelling on the Norwegian theme, here's the baby brother of the Drabant: The David Andersen "Satellite", 1 cc.
Here shown with add-on exhaust stack, an original accessory.

Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:18 AM
love croppys
Coolgardie western australia
Joined Mar 2006
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV8R
Thanks airservices.

I didn’t know Enya was still making diesels. They show 5 engines, including a four stroke.

Interestingly, one of the engines is set up for biodiesel (oil from plants, soy beans, cooking oils, etc) fuel testing. Sounds like they are right in step with the testing of non petroleum based fuels (which are not renewable and will eventually run out).

Model engines are being used for real world applications, not just for hobby interests.

Seems like the North American market is some what “sheltered”. The inter net and people around the world help even out all this information.

For those interested in Enya here’s the URL

http://www.enya-engine.com/store/ind...dex&cPath=1_10

What’s JPY 13,900 work out to in $US ?
Jpy 13900=us $141.25 I go to "enya metal products" just came home from flying the little enya and the guys at the club though it was great to smell diesel fuel again
musterpilot is offline Find More Posts by musterpilot
Last edited by musterpilot; Jun 14, 2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 04:56 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluehand
Interesting Jack, I didn't know about the F/I RC-version. The reed valve version was the only model sold over here to my knowledge. It also had a starter spring (which is missing on my example).
The F/I version looks nice...I like that flange mounted carb...

---------------------------------------
Airboat, the Modelenginenews site is a treasure. Let us hope that it will live on, and develop....
Also came in a smart plastic box ,oh memory was it red with a clear front and had instructions and a spanner ?
olmod is offline Find More Posts by olmod
Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:53 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,401 Posts
Enyas are distributed by MRC here in the USA. A diesel importer told me he'd love to bring them in but he was warned not to by MRC
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Jun 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,147 Posts
Comment on JohnAV8R's post on his dieselized TD 09. He claimed 9000 on 8 x 4. Aeromodeller review says glow TD 09 on 30% nitro turns an 8 x 4 (of some brand)
at 13,200.
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:18 PM
Joined Jan 2005
702 Posts
Here is a photo of a diesel a bit over 5 cc. Can anyone name it? Jack
JackHiner is offline Find More Posts by JackHiner
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:49 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,651 Posts
Don't know about the rest, but the spraybar and needle seem to be Super-Tigre...
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jun 15, 2009, 02:30 PM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,806 Posts
...and the throttle lever as well...
Gluehand is online now Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:02 PM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
581 Posts
Hi Jack, it's an English "retro" (modern but in the old style) Dunham Valkyrie of 5.3cc. How does it run? I've heard some give overheating problems until, very well run-in.

I have a very similar engine, a 5cc Mills, it's also a throttled sideport.

Mills never made a 5 cc, but there was a prototype in the equipment bought by Aurora and they did some production - mine is one of them.
It's rather solid, a bit like an old stationary engine, certainbly cures the need for noseweight.

Runs well on a 14x6 (about 6,500 rpm) and the throttling is charming rather than effective.
It's really only got 2 speeds, flat out and idle - no mid-range that I can find.
The idle is great, a halting brrrrp-brrrrp like an old bus, but it never seems to stop.
If I idle too slow it can actually reverse direction, it's done it on the bench several times, but thankfully never in the air (might be interesting for the Super Scorpion).
Warren B is offline Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Jun 15, 2009, 10:49 PM
Joined Jan 2005
702 Posts
Warren, You are correct it is the Valkyrie. I had over heating problems due to the shaft bearing being too tight. A friend lossened it up and now it runs fine. I removed the black paint thinking that may have been keeping heat in. No such luck. I actually have two of these and got them cheap as they have a bad reputation of overheating. Both had the same problem. Both run fine now. Not as powerful as my GB 5.4 cc or BB Drone diesels. Easy to start and adjust. Jack
Old Jun 15, 2009, 11:44 PM
Joined Jul 2003
1,651 Posts
I have an engine by Dunham, it is the Oliver Battleaxe 2cc. Do you have any information or know of anyone with experience of this particular engine?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 06:14 AM
*jj
United Kingdom, Birmingham
Joined Jul 2008
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHiner
Warren, You are correct it is the Valkyrie. I had over heating problems due to the shaft bearing being too tight. A friend lossened it up and now it runs fine. I removed the black paint thinking that may have been keeping heat in. No such luck.
The black colour actually helps to radiate heat away! That is why the radiator in your car is black
*jj is offline Find More Posts by *jj
Old Jun 16, 2009, 07:19 AM
Joined Jan 2005
702 Posts
Here is a photo of the Valkyrie before I removed the black paint. Also with the fuel tank attached that I removed during run in. I did not know about the Battleaxe reproduction. How about a photo? Here is a photo of the John Oliver Jaguar 2.5 cc reproduction by Ian Russell. Many flights with the Jaguar on a Playboy. Jack
Old Jun 16, 2009, 11:47 AM
Joined Jul 2003
1,651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHiner
I did not know about the Battleaxe reproduction. How about a photo?
It is presently away on storage, I won't have access to it for the next four weeks. Then I'll post a photograph.
I bought it from Michael's Models in London around 1986.
It is heavy and sports a throttle/cut-off rotating barrel.
It sort of looks to the Jaguar like a MkI Mills 1.3 looks to the MkII.