HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,886 Posts
P.A.W. engines can be bought from Eric Clutton in the US or direct from PAW in the UK:
http://www.cafes.net/doctordiesel/DDengines.htm
http://www.eifflaender.com/enginepics.htm
Carlson also has many small diesel(UK,Russian etc...):
http://carlsonengineimports.net/BRITISH.html
http://carlsonengineimports.net/CZECH%20REP.html
Icare in Canada also carry some Czech engines:
http://www.icare-rc.com/diesel.htm#M...28RC%29_Diesel
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2013, 04:19 PM
Joined Jan 2005
741 Posts
PAW small diesels are fine. .03 or .049 even .06 sizes. I have an old Enya 1 cc or .06 diesel. A nice engine from the 1960's but not real powerful. Also MP Jet .040 PB Classic .037 cu. in. diesel. Photo of MP Jet with fuel tank removed and mounted on the test stand. Jack
JackHiner is online now Find More Posts by JackHiner
Old Jun 22, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,980 Posts
The A.M.E.E. says that only one genuine one of these exist, the actual prototype which had fixed (not variable) compression - all others are repro's. Its a 1947 EDCO (Ira Hassad) Diesel, and scarce either way
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Edco-450-Die...item3f266ccf47
Twin Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin Stack
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:05 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1,354 Posts
So do you think a P.A.W. is well spend money??
Cheers!
colibriguitars is online now Find More Posts by colibriguitars
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:10 AM
Mt Evelyn, Melbourne, OZ
Joined Dec 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by colibriguitars View Post
Cheers!
So are you tempted to try soemthing a little oily?
I thought you had extreme difficulty finding diesel fuel in Mexico.

I can highly recommend all the PAW's but the little screw together ones, 55, 049, 060 are really easy to start and run and the throttles work very well too.
Warren B is offline Find More Posts by Warren B
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:20 AM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
PAW equals One of the best you could buy today . You may also want to look at Sharma diesels from India. Eric clutton stocks these or you could order direct
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
Old Jun 23, 2013, 02:17 PM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Cheers!
If you want something with power, weight, and RPM range similar to a high performance glow try the MP Jet .061 from Icare:
http://www.icare-icarus.com/MP-Jet-0...sel_p_431.html

I prefer the PAW RC engines for most everything else, they all run well and the throttle works well too. They can turn small and large props, start fairly easily and are straightforward to adjust. They are well made and last forever if you don't destroy them with an electric starter on an over-compressed engine. The PAW 55 RC with a 7x3 prop is my favorite for small RC sport models. Before electric power became popular I converted 24" span Guillows and Sterling models to RC using this engine. The White Fokker D-7 in this picture uses the PAW .03 and flew for several years before I destroyed the model when it fell off my workbench!

Steve
mlbco is online now Find More Posts by mlbco
Old Jun 23, 2013, 09:05 PM
Joined Mar 2011
1,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbco View Post
If you want something with power, weight, and RPM range similar to a high performance glow try the MP Jet .061 from Icare:
http://www.icare-icarus.com/MP-Jet-0...sel_p_431.html

I prefer the PAW RC engines for most everything else, they all run well and the throttle works well too. They can turn small and large props, start fairly easily and are straightforward to adjust. They are well made and last forever if you don't destroy them with an electric starter on an over-compressed engine. The PAW 55 RC with a 7x3 prop is my favorite for small RC sport models. Before electric power became popular I converted 24" span Guillows and Sterling models to RC using this engine. The White Fokker D-7 in this picture uses the PAW .03 and flew for several years before I destroyed the model when it fell off my workbench!

Steve
Woooo!! i really love the Fokker D7, is one of my favorites, do you have ailerons on it???
colibriguitars is online now Find More Posts by colibriguitars
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Feb 2013
2,980 Posts
40,000 RPM ?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NANO-TWIN-...item3f2675d917
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:18 AM
It must have a machinegun
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Sep 2004
1,283 Posts
CTAH ctastrophy.

In post 5317 I posted pics of a CHAH 1.5. I bench ran it yesterday. It was running like a demon, putting out some serious performance. I was tweaking the compression, trying to find the peak rpm when it suddenly spluttered to a stop. A massive crack had opened up in the crackcase just below the exhaust, running two thirds of the way around the cylinder. It was almost broken in half.
RIP CTAH.
Scaledown is offline Find More Posts by Scaledown
Old Jun 24, 2013, 02:35 AM
Joined Feb 2013
2,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scaledown View Post
CTAH ctastrophy.

In post 5317 I posted pics of a CHAH 1.5. I bench ran it yesterday. It was running like a demon, putting out some serious performance. I was tweaking the compression, trying to find the peak rpm when it suddenly spluttered to a stop. A massive crack had opened up in the crackcase just below the exhaust, running two thirds of the way around the cylinder. It was almost broken in half.
RIP CTAH.
Rename it "Cheater" !
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:26 PM
United States, OH, Galena
Joined Jul 2003
1,722 Posts
Quote:
Cheers!
Yes, PAW or MP-Jet or MVVS or Enya, or even a good vintage Webra or Taifun if you find one, are all worth the money.
One thing to keep in mind is that a new engine will need some running-in, say one or one-and-a-half hour during which it may not be the easiest to start. Don't give up, once run-in, they are all lovely engines.
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:38 PM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
579 Posts
Mk-12b

From Russia, 1982
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:35 AM
Palo Alto, California, United States
Joined Jan 2003
1,079 Posts
Quote:
Woooo!! i really love the Fokker D7, is one of my favorites, do you have ailerons on it???
No ailerons needed, just rudder and elevator (plus some wing dihedral). I built this from a Sterling kit and substituted sheet balsa for the fuselage and tail surfaces. I threw it together very quickly, almost anyone else could build a better one.

Steve
mlbco is online now Find More Posts by mlbco
Old Jun 25, 2013, 05:58 AM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
530 Posts
Fiery does the needle assembly on the MK 12 work?
I was given or rather managed one from my dads friend way back in late 80's. The engine hawas NIB with all papers, tools, piece of PVC pipe and nuts and bolts for mounting. The engine was wrapped in oil skin paper but had rust on the piston.
I found that the needle aseembly was loose and sucked in air from the mounting. I promptly swapped that with an assembly from Sharma diesel and after plenty of kero through the engine to wash off some rust fired it up. It did start and had plenty of power. The engine saw long service. It still runs but is down on compression. And along the way I have managed to loose the box and papers, but that wrench still survives
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan