Ltd. edition Mills by Richard Hobbs, son of famous Mills designer Mike
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2011, 03:20 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,756 Posts
Diesella

Now this is a rare one made in Denmark in 1947 and called Diesella. This firm was mainly making light motorcycles, I believe this model diesel was an experiment by the son of the director. Not sure. Help from Denmark please.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 07:22 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wiz View Post
You forgot... Ooooh. How can you forget that? That must have been frustrating when you realized it. Oh well, some you win and some you lose. You have a very nice collection with or without it and that's a fact.
The problem is that bidding on items mostly do end at very odd hours over here in Europe due to time difference. That's why. And yes, one engine more or less .... I am not doing this for value as one can clearly note in the intro of my website. And yes, I am very frustrated, alas not for engines but for the scandalous state our Belgian roads are in. I do run a Morgan 4/4 Competion and a Porsche 911. Can hardly use the sports button on the last one and we all do know the riding qualities of a Morgan (Tipperary wagon comfort) LOL
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:37 AM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,387 Posts
There is bidding software for your PC or online services that bid for you. This can become an expensive proposition very quickly.

I was a little upset after I walked away in the last couple hours of a VA .049 MKII and forgot. It sold for 31USD used, but looked OK. Oh well, more cookie crumbles.

If I get my act together today, I'll be listing a few engines myself.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Aug 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkamysz View Post
There is bidding software for your PC or online services that bid for you. This can become an expensive proposition very quickly.

I was a little upset after I walked away in the last couple hours of a VA .049 MKII and forgot. It sold for 31USD used, but looked OK. Oh well, more cookie crumbles.

If I get my act together today, I'll be listing a few engines myself.

Greg
I can never see any point in just watching engines on auctions.
If I like and want something I just place my highest bid and wait.
Last week I won what I consider a good engine, but not cheap, from the UK.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Aug 25, 2011, 06:41 PM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,603 Posts
Some people like watching the auction..... Some don't. Isn't it amazing how different people are, well...... different?
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:19 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
13,123 Posts
Well, I have seen that automatic bidding software go wild sometimes, when the user forgets to set the maximums, and two or more fellows have the software going in a bid war on a item. I think that is where we see those incredible prices paid for something. Then you wonder what the heck the winner and losers were thinking at the time.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Aug 25, 2011, 09:53 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,500 Posts
I've used eBay for about 10 years now to both buy and sell all sorts of things, and really have no problem with it.

As long as you place your maximum price that's the end of it.
Last week in fact I won the engine at about $10.00 less than my maximum bid, because eBay does the bidding for you only up to your maximum.

The idea without doubt is not to get carried away and go crazy on the bidding, just decide sensibly the MAXIMUM it's worth to you.
Some folk tend to "mess about" with very small increases hoping and praying that may get them the product....it seldom does.

I've both won and lost plenty over the years, but always consider there are plenty more that I just lost, to bid on another day.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 01:31 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
I can never see any point in just watching engines on auctions.
If I like and want something I just place my highest bid and wait.
Last week I won what I consider a good engine, but not cheap, from the UK.
That is exactly what I always do. I usually do know precisely the amount I want to spend on an engine. But for really rare engines I prefer to wait and see. Another problem with putting your high bid directly is that there are sellers that do have "someone" pushing up the price, this can quite easily be noticed by looking at the score of bidders. An engine like the Lee Sidewinder
(that ended up over 3335 US dollars) is not going to be bought by a bidder with a 6 bid score. This DOES happen quite often believe me. I do see no point in that automatic bidding at all. In the end one has to decide what one will finally bid. But I guess that this automatic bidding fills in nicely with everything else these days in our modelling world. Very soon the Ready To Fly aeroplanes will include a young Chinese that comes over to fly the airplane for you. LOL
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:00 AM
kill your idols
utica new york
Joined May 2009
1,819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
That is exactly what I always do. I usually do know precisely the amount I want to spend on an engine. But for really rare engines I prefer to wait and see. Another problem with putting your high bid directly is that there are sellers that do have "someone" pushing up the price, this can quite easily be noticed by looking at the score of bidders. An engine like the Lee Sidewinder
(that ended up over 3335 US dollars) is not going to be bought by a bidder with a 6 bid score. This DOES happen quite often believe me. I do see no point in that automatic bidding at all. In the end one has to decide what one will finally bid. But I guess that this automatic bidding fills in nicely with everything else these days in our modelling world. Very soon the Ready To Fly aeroplanes will include a young Chinese that comes over to fly the airplane for you. LOL

i disagree most of the rares as far as engines sold up to the last few months were all going to one to 19 feedback accounts, seems only recently many of the meca dudes started taking engines off ebay(i dont blame them for not doing so)
ZEROSKIN76 is offline Find More Posts by ZEROSKIN76
Old Aug 26, 2011, 09:15 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROSKIN76 View Post
i disagree most of the rares as far as engines sold up to the last few months were all going to one to 19 feedback accounts, seems only recently many of the meca dudes started taking engines off ebay(i dont blame them for not doing so)
Yes you are probably right, but then I only do have a 692 score on ebay
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:41 AM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,387 Posts
I watch a lot of stuff just to see what things go for. I'm cheap when it comes to engines, and have only spent more than I would normally on 2-3 engines.

I bought these on thEbay some years ago. Two Pfeffer TR prototypes. The dark one is unmarked, but the bright one carries his Logo on the front and 2.5 on the back. They have tandem threaded holes in the bottom for mounting.

Greg

Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
543 Posts
That second example is exquisite Greg. I love the cross knurled prop driver.

I expect these are cabinet queens?
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:33 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,387 Posts
I did free up the bright one and intend to run it in the not too distant future. I really like these.

Greg
Old Aug 26, 2011, 07:23 PM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,500 Posts
Those two are superb. But how do you mount them?