SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:14 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2
Thanks Chuck,
but which size of those do I use ? (if the flybar rod is 0.07" ?)

Thanks ...

Regards, Sven
i don't own the Big Lama, "YET" so don't know what size the wire is, but what i did was take the fly bar to your model shop and get the ones that fit

they look a lot better than bits of rubber too

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:27 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckTseeker
i don't own the Big Lama, "YET" so don't know what size the wire is, but what i did was take the fly bar to your model shop and get the ones that fit

they look a lot better than bits of rubber too

cheers chuck
Exactly for that reason I put the diameter of the flybar rod in my question, because there is not LHS reasonably close to me that I know of. But thanks for the effort and time - i figured it out, the inner diameter of the du-bro collars for the stock flybar hast to be 5/64 inches. (this will be just marginally larger than the diameter of the flybar rod)

Sven
erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:19 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,431 Posts
yep sorry Sven, I'm useless at converting 0.07 to what ever the collar size is haha thats why i took my flybar to the LHS

one thing to note is on the Lama V3 fly bar i cut down, i needed 4 collars each side, so make sure you buy enough if you have to order in

cheers chuck
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Jun 24, 2009, 09:01 AM
brisbane australia
Joined Apr 2007
141 Posts
Hi Guys , 3dpro are in . Looks much like the purple stuff ?
http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1926
russell from aus is offline Find More Posts by russell from aus
Old Jun 24, 2009, 01:20 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys , 3dpro are in . Looks much like the purple stuff ?
http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_i...roducts_id=1926
You are spot on, it is the purple stuff, just silver now.

Barry
Flying Barry is offline Find More Posts by Flying Barry
Last edited by Flying Barry; Jun 24, 2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:49 PM
UK
Joined Mar 2007
325 Posts
Hi I would like to know if its possible to use a spektrum receiver with the big lama or is it like the lama v3 that has a 4 in 1 unit
hunterz is offline Find More Posts by hunterz
Old Jun 29, 2009, 06:25 AM
Savannah, Ga, USA
Joined Feb 2009
476 Posts
I'm no expert on using different radios, but can tell you that my Big Lama has a 3-n-1 (ESC, Mixer, & Gyro) with a separate radio receiver. Looks like changing the receiver would be easy.
Beachcomber is offline Find More Posts by Beachcomber
Old Jun 29, 2009, 07:25 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
BigLama and Spectrum

Hi Guys,

I don't really know, but if ONE person who does it is enough proof that it is possible ( ) then the proof that it is possible exists!
There is a guy in the German forum I follow, who flies his Walkera 53#1 with a DX7 with AR6100e and the Esky EK2-0709 3in1. (So the second part of the question is answered as well: the BIG has a 3in1 and a seperate receiver, not a 4in1)
He even published a flight video for his bird (short on time right now, but I will post the link later)
Now here is the problem:
Apart from this guy I know about who DOES fly Esky and Spectrum, I also know of at least two guys where it won't work (one of them is ... right, ME! ) But as there is one where it works, I am convinced I just have to figure out what that guy did different ... Unfortunately, I am really a moron in the electronics department ...

Anyway,
just wanted to tell you I know that it is possible (even if I -still- don't kknow how ... maybe one of you is luckier -or just smarter- than me ....)

Regards,
Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 30, 2009, 06:34 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Changing the RX on the Big Lama

Hi All,

I know it will work with a single conversion GWS R-6NII 6ch Naro type RX, click here for the channel assignment and setup on my Big Lama and there was no problems even when the TX is turned off. I have also tried a dual conversion JR R700 RX and it worked OK but it goes out of control when you turn the TX off, not very good for safety.

This then tells me the 3 in 1 controller likes single conversion and not dual conversion RX systems and you only need four channels to make it all work.

I don't own a spectrum RX TX to try this but all I can suggest is to try it like I did, just remember to strip the turning parts off before you do any testing.

Barry.
Last edited by Flying Barry; Jun 30, 2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old Jul 01, 2009, 11:24 AM
brisbane australia
Joined Apr 2007
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell from aus
Ive emailed rc711 , 3dpro cnc in production . Hope they are nothing like the cnc purple around now . They are looking into extended innershaft . Xtreme upgrades looks nice . I really just want innershaft or just cnc top , not the full kit . This Helis been available for ages now , never seen the options parts guys so slow too respond .
Russell..If you guys want the whole kit
http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=1980
russell from aus is offline Find More Posts by russell from aus
Old Jul 01, 2009, 12:01 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by russell from aus
If you are looking ONLY for the CNC upper rotor head there is also another alternative:
the upper rotor head from SKYTEC - to all I know the only one in the market that ALREADY comes with an integrated, adjustable flybar. Weights and flybar rods are available as spare parts in case they are needed. They also make a upper bearing housing and a lower rotor head (more parts to follow sooner or later )
Here is a picture to show you what I am talking about.

Regards,
Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
At all:

good morning, good news:

rc711 sells the cnc kit WITH an extended inner shaft now:
look here!

Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 03, 2009, 03:45 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Jan 2007
758 Posts
Extended shaft with collar as a separate Item

Quote:
At all:

good morning, good news:

rc711 sells the cnc kit WITH an extended inner shaft now:
look here!

Sven
Hi Sven,

I have been in contact with RC711 to see if they would sell the extended shaft with collar as a separate Item and they said "yes" for US $ 5.50.

Quote from e-mail
We will launch the single extended shaft with collar set very soon; the price will be US$5.5.

Barry
Last edited by Flying Barry; Jul 03, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old Jul 06, 2009, 09:04 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,891 Posts
I don't have a big Lama, but have a Lama 4. Is the bigger size anything worthwhile? The title of this thread suggests you still have to mod the heck out of it to perform well. Does it truly do anything for you as far as outdoor flight is concerned? If I already have the Lama 4, and have modded it for better performance, would I want to even consider getting a Big Lama?
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Jul 06, 2009, 09:59 AM
Joined Mar 2009
9,370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack
I don't have a big Lama, but have a Lama 4. Is the bigger size anything worthwhile? The title of this thread suggests you still have to mod the heck out of it to perform well. Does it truly do anything for you as far as outdoor flight is concerned? If I already have the Lama 4, and have modded it for better performance, would I want to even consider getting a Big Lama?
Hey Jack,

no philosophical questions that early in the morning, please!

But seriously, I can,t even fly outside where I live and still bought a BIG Lama - mainly just for the fun of modding it (but thats just me - the way I see it the most people here are almost exclusively interested in flying and not in being occupied with taking apart and reassembling this little machine ... but its an enormous amount of fun for me - just a pity most of the money I spend on it is money for nothing because of that reason. 'Cause the feeling of happiness about being able to take a picture of the (again) newly modded machine vanishes very quickly indeed

Sven
RCG Plus Member