HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 23, 2009, 05:01 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Help!
Eflite 60 amp esc & eflite power 32 motor

Please help ! I have an eflite 60amp esc and eflite power 32 motor hooked up to a flightpower 4s lipo. I have it connected to my dx7 receiver and all servos etc work fine but i can't get the eflite power 32 motor to run at all. I am new to electrics so any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
twolter is offline Find More Posts by twolter
Last edited by twolter; May 23, 2009 at 10:04 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2009, 08:12 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,187 Posts
Try putting the throttle trim all the way to the bottom. Welcome to the biggest RC club in the world.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old May 23, 2009, 10:00 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Thanks Gord. Just tried putting throttle trim all the way down and still no go ... any other suggestions ?
Old May 23, 2009, 10:21 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,261 Posts
The ESC should play you some tunes. When it powers up it makes a jingle and follows it with N beeps, where N= the number of cells in your pack. If it makes a different number than 4 (for your 4S) then you need to program it!

Next, when it sees the signal from your receiver, it will play another tune. That tells you it's armed.

If you don't get the second tune, your ESC is not getting the signal from the rx. Try putting a servo on the throttle channel and the ESC (w/o motor) on something else (gear?). Does the throttle SERVO move correctly?

If you have a heli radio, make sure you aren't in Throttle Hold mode.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 23, 2009, 11:53 AM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,092 Posts
In case you already know this...I apologise, and nevermind,
But TAKE THE PROP OFF while you're experimenting!!!
TomM is online now Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wood shavings
Old May 23, 2009, 11:59 AM
Rust: The poor man's Loctite.
State College PA
Joined Jul 2002
1,092 Posts
Do you hear a musical tone, or just 2 beeps when you plug it in?

With the prop off!!, just try putting the throttle stick all the way up(max) and then plug it in. If it arms, and works in reverse, then you throttle needs reversing in the transmitter.
TomM is online now Find More Posts by TomM
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Wood shavings
Old May 23, 2009, 06:05 PM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
13,187 Posts
I take it the ESC is plugged into channel 1?? You might also try dropping the lower throttle end point further down.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is online now Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old May 24, 2009, 12:23 AM
Joined Jan 2009
3 Posts
Hi Guys, Thanks for your suggestions.

Tom, I have removed the prop ... thanks for that advice ... could get messy !!! here's a summary of what happens ... first I turn on the dx7 transmitter, then I plug in the battery. I get a long low tone followed by a melody (7 notes), then a short break before i get another quick 4 tone melody (high low high low).

Andy, I tried your suggestion of plugging in another servo to the throttle input of the receiver and it worked. I was able to move the rudder this way.

Gord, I treid the full trottle thing and it didn't work.

Thanks heaps for you help with this .... I really appreaciate you all taking the time to post suggestions.

I might have to drive the one and a half hours to the hobby store sometime this week. The guy there is a bit of a grump and I really can't aford the time.

Happy to hear any further ideas.

Thanks, Troy