SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by magic612, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 22, 2009, 01:40 PM
Bernoulli+Newton=Lift
Somewhere south of Chicago, IL
Joined Jan 2006
1,952 Posts
Cool
DARK ANGEL - IPS powered, 48" wingspan, canard aircraft

I was working on designing a "Windy Day" type of plane, and was stuck. Sitting there in my music studio / workshop, I glanced over at the workbench. Sitting there, unused for probably a couple years, was a GWS IPS motor/gearbox with a 10" prop still on it. I further glanced at my decent stockpile of Depron sitting in the studio / workshop, and thought to myself:

"Surely there's a plane I can design that will put that IPS to good use again..."

Turns out, there was: DARK ANGEL!

(Why I went with the macabre-sounding name, I don't know. It just sort of fit.)

So anyway, there are plans available in the Scratchbuilt Foamies section, and here's a video of this cool-looking plane. Be sure to watch to the very end - I nearly hit my lovely wife who was kind enough to do the videography for me. Good thing this plane only weighs 6 ounces and has a protected propellor!!!

Dark Angel - IPS powered canard glider (2 min 5 sec)
magic612 is offline Find More Posts by magic612
Last edited by magic612; May 22, 2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Added pics
to remove ads between posts