HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 06, 2009, 04:56 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobita
hello!
thanks for vid Steve, that lipo you use ant time run.
sorry for my english
TrackPower 3200mah 2 cell 10mins run time
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2009, 05:07 PM
Joined Dec 2007
75 Posts
Hi, Steve

Anderson M5 appears to be robust, it should be options?. Thank you.
CLKSPEED is offline Find More Posts by CLKSPEED
Old Sep 06, 2009, 05:16 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLKSPEED
Hi, Steve

Anderson M5 appears to be robust, it should be options?. Thank you.
All running gear is out of the box, got steering damper on the way from Steve at Formby Models, hope to get some forks as well, but to be honest it just needs the steering damper, fantastic bit of kit, gyro just gets a little warm but still running very smooth, just need to glue front tire, or keep top speed down a bit
Old Sep 06, 2009, 05:42 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Well getting 10 minute runs on 5900 brushless from a 3200 LiPo is pretty good stuff.
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Sep 06, 2009, 07:03 PM
Just bought a ARX 540! :-D
Halifax UK
Joined Mar 2009
27 Posts
Hi guys im thinking of getting one of these (after i sold my venom) and seeing the brushless vesion, well wow insane speed there. so as it seams too fast would it make more sense to get a more calm b/l system, and would that result in longer runtimes? thanks for the vid
spzero is offline Find More Posts by spzero
Old Sep 06, 2009, 07:11 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spzero
Hi guys im thinking of getting one of these (after i sold my venom) and seeing the brushless vesion, well wow insane speed there. so as it seams too fast would it make more sense to get a more calm b/l system, and would that result in longer runtimes? thanks for the vid
Yeah, run times would be better, but I would rather have 10mins of insane speed to 20mins of lame speed but thats just me its up to you !!
Old Sep 06, 2009, 07:11 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Well compare the RTR motor pulling 28000rpm to a 5900kv brushless pulling 43,000rpm well yeahm, it's gonna be much faster than stock. You could go for any brushless motor over 4000kv and still get better performance than stock, it just depends how much speed you want as a trade off against run time and wear.
Old Sep 06, 2009, 07:30 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,436 Posts
really well done guys
katana2665 is offline Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Sep 06, 2009, 07:36 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82
Well compare the RTR motor pulling 28000rpm to a 5900kv brushless pulling 43,000rpm well yeahm, it's gonna be much faster than stock. You could go for any brushless motor over 4000kv and still get better performance than stock, it just depends how much speed you want as a trade off against run time and wear.
Yep your right, but this bike is tough, and seems to take anything you can throw at it !! 10 sets of cells through it and still no probs
Old Sep 06, 2009, 09:53 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
Yep your right, but this bike is tough, and seems to take anything you can throw at it !! 10 sets of cells through it and still no probs
Stock up on rear tires Steve lol
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Sep 07, 2009, 03:03 PM
UK
Joined Mar 2007
325 Posts
I just got my bike today and am having a nightmare putting the rider together.when you put the front chest part on how do you get in side to put the nuts on the screws
hunterz is offline Find More Posts by hunterz
Old Sep 07, 2009, 03:57 PM
Joined Dec 2007
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
All running gear is out of the box, got steering damper on the way from Steve at Formby Models, hope to get some forks as well, but to be honest it just needs the steering damper, fantastic bit of kit, gyro just gets a little warm but still running very smooth, just need to glue front tire, or keep top speed down a bit
Thanks Steve.
CLKSPEED is offline Find More Posts by CLKSPEED
Old Sep 07, 2009, 04:04 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterz
I just got my bike today and am having a nightmare putting the rider together.when you put the front chest part on how do you get in side to put the nuts on the screws
I put the screw through his head first, added a blob of thread lock and nipped them both up, then put the bolts through his bck and just did them loose, then did his chest, put the bolts through the holes, then stick the nuts to the tip of my little finger and put them on the end of the screws, turn the driver and nip them up, attached and threadlocked in one easy move. Turn the guy upside down and you can see the chest bolts easy enough.

Then go round all bolts and just check they are all tight.
Old Sep 08, 2009, 06:21 AM
Joined Apr 2009
26 Posts
HI Guys, have found this video, quite interesting!

Ride MX - Anderson M5 RC Motorbike - 得勝M5摩托車特技人偶版 (0 min 54 sec)
earljun is offline Find More Posts by earljun
Old Sep 08, 2009, 07:32 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2007
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82
I put the screw through his head first, added a blob of thread lock and nipped them both up, then put the bolts through his bck and just did them loose, then did his chest, put the bolts through the holes, then stick the nuts to the tip of my little finger and put them on the end of the screws, turn the driver and nip them up, attached and threadlocked in one easy move. Turn the guy upside down and you can see the chest bolts easy enough.

Then go round all bolts and just check they are all tight.
I got the two halves together its just the two top screws on the chest piece I cant reach you must have longer fingers than me
do you know what the HPI quad rider is made from is it heavy

it says on the box that you can get a ATR and pro version of the bike does anyone know if/when these will be available
hunterz is offline Find More Posts by hunterz