Old Aug 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82
Your wish is my command....

1/5th KP09e, 1/5th M5 Cross, 1/4th ARX540.

Swap the riders from the ARX to the Anderson, more scale looking, ain't it?
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 30, 2009, 03:31 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
You'd think so but actually they are the same size, I matched them side by side, and the Anderson rider being lexan is far far lighter so he's staying on the M5 Cross, no contest. The ARX can bear the weight of the rubber rider as the ARX is twice the weight of the M5 Cross.

The Anderson man measures a scale equivalent of a guy 6'3" in his protective gear and shoulder pads, riding a 500cc MX bike of old, spot on,
The ARX Guy measures a 1/4 scale of a 5'6" fella riding a 250cc MX Bike!

I suppose you want a picture of the riders side by side now don't you.....
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:49 AM
Joined May 2009
661 Posts
Quote:
Your wish is my command....

1/5th KP09e, 1/5th M5 Cross, 1/4th ARX540.

cool. exactly what i was looking for. thanks for the prompt service! looks like the anderson front wheel is even bigger than the superbike rear.
Torrance is offline Find More Posts by Torrance
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:01 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Well took the Anderson out today, no rider as not got around to getting him together, also my lipo did not fit so had to use some really old nicads. Now I dont know what you guys are doing to get them to wheelie but mine never showed that it would ever lift that front wheel off the ground but it handles quite well apart from the front wheel going from lock to lock every time it hits a bump talk about tank slappers !! very good slow speed handling and love watching the suspension working just needs more speed, that poor 15 turn motor has to work hard so looking for a brushless motor now, but a good fun model, oh and can anyone help me out with the mega tank slaping
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Aug 30, 2009, 05:08 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Well if you are runing really old NiCds I'm not surprised it won't wheelie, mine would only just wheelie with brand new NiMh in but the extra weight meant it wasn't as lively as with LiPo in.

As for tank slapping, I guess a steering damper wouldn't go amiss, oh look, there's one on the options list
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:19 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Ah, that might come in handy then are the option parts going to be available to us? so it looks like most of them wheelie vids will be running on Lipo then ? I guess you could be right about the nicads weight and yeah they are a bit tired, shame its Bank Holiday an Heaths Models are shut or I would be buying a lipo today, what were you running Dez that fits in the bike, my KoKam is just a bit long.
Cheers.
Steve
Old Aug 31, 2009, 09:18 AM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Oh, theres a lot of nice option parts on the side of that box I have just seen those forks
Old Aug 31, 2009, 10:52 AM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,409 Posts
Looks like there are quite a few optional parts:

http://www.andersonmodel.com/product...ge=_eng&cid=32
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Aug 31, 2009, 12:45 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin
Looks like there are quite a few optional parts:

http://www.andersonmodel.com/product...ge=_eng&cid=32
Well lets hope we see them ? bit of a mission getting the rider together today as its kind of bolted together, the thing is trying to get the nuts on the screws in the riders head is a nightmare as you cant see the screws to put them on, a lot of guess work but done it in the end. A lot of decals to stick on but they are good and can be stretched about with the use of a hair dryer, think it looks ok, but allow yourself a few hours to do this.
Ps, anyone know where you stick the aerial as not 2.4
Last edited by steve bisco; Aug 31, 2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:04 PM
scale microlights
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,688 Posts
i was so dissapointed when i saw that 'carbon look' junk!
was glad when i went down the page abit and saw the alloy parts.. very nice!
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Aug 31, 2009, 01:07 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
anyone know where you stick the aerial as not 2.4
The aerial tube goes up through a hole in the seat and into the rider figure.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:39 PM
U.K, Nottingham
Joined Jan 2005
115 Posts
Thought id let you all know what ive done to mine so far. Start at front and work my way back.
Front wheel spacers are now alloy and correct size to eliminate the sloppy play, helps to calm down the headshake.
5000 wt oil smeared on piston and fork tubes for some damping of sorts. also tighten everything up as were quite loose. Also cut 5mm off each plastic spacer to give a little more travel.
Shimmed up the headstock so there is no up or down play, this also helps with headshake.
Silicon tubing over the crashback spring and tighten bolts a little more on upper frame.
NF steering springs cut down so they are 5mm longer than the std items as i think they are too soft to give a decent response time. Still holds down well in the corners without pushing the front though.
replaced the steering rod end and ball as it was quite sloppy.
Trimmed out the battery tray to allow easier routing of lipo cables.
Rear shock is on the lower holes, with an extra 1mm hole using 3000wt oil, feels really smooth and the rear end now doesnt skip over bumps, just floats really nice.
Layshaft spacers made up to the correct size out of alloy to stop side to side play, and gear mesh set correctly.
New bush for lower shock end to eliminate slop and free play.
All weights remove from giro, still very stable but get more steering response.
Rear wheel shimmed correctly in the gyro
Most screws replced for allen screws.
Oh yeah, and a steering damper too. All these mods have made it an excellent off road bike. I can drive it really hard on gravel, grass and loose/rutted soil no problem at all.
Heres a couple of pics

t-maxed is offline Find More Posts by t-maxed
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:39 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
The aerial tube goes up through a hole in the seat and into the rider figure.
Ah it does after you have cut the tube down by about 80mm
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:44 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-maxed
Thought id let you all know what ive done to mine so far. Start at front and work my way back.
Front wheel spacers are now alloy and correct size to eliminate the sloppy play, helps to calm down the headshake.
5000 wt oil smeared on piston and fork tubes for some damping of sorts. also tighten everything up as were quite loose. Also cut 5mm off each plastic spacer to give a little more travel.
Shimmed up the headstock so there is no up or down play, this also helps with headshake.
Silicon tubing over the crashback spring and tighten bolts a little more on upper frame.
NF steering springs cut down so they are 5mm longer than the std items as i think they are too soft to give a decent response time. Still holds down well in the corners without pushing the front though.
replaced the steering rod end and ball as it was quite sloppy.
Trimmed out the battery tray to allow easier routing of lipo cables.
Rear shock is on the lower holes, with an extra 1mm hole using 3000wt oil, feels really smooth and the rear end now doesnt skip over bumps, just floats really nice.
Layshaft spacers made up to the correct size out of alloy to stop side to side play, and gear mesh set correctly.
New bush for lower shock end to eliminate slop and free play.
All weights remove from giro, still very stable but get more steering response.
Rear wheel shimmed correctly in the gyro
Most screws replced for allen screws.
Oh yeah, and a steering damper too. All these mods have made it an excellent off road bike. I can drive it really hard on gravel, grass and loose/rutted soil no problem at all.
Heres a couple of pics

Well looks good but not sure you need to do all this, my bike is fine apart from the tank slappers, added a little Tamiya friction grease on the steering rod and its sorted,
Old Aug 31, 2009, 05:13 PM
U.K, Nottingham
Joined Jan 2005
115 Posts
When you start pushing it on a track you will find its small short comings.
But it still goes better than an arx.
Just my individual opinion though, dont all atart shouting at me
Dave
t-maxed is offline Find More Posts by t-maxed