HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2011, 01:58 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
ran the bike again today... two full 3200/20C batteries (it's powered by a Gen-Ride Mtroniks and an Ezrun 4300kv) without losing ANYTHING! I ran it at our asphalt track, between heats of rc cars, and then right outside in the dirt, which was muddy at places...
I have put a used 1/8 buggy tire over the worn kit tire and spot-glued it on the tire, so it doesnt balloon when going for top speed!
And... I managed to adjust the Genride so I also had BRAKES! Hurray!!!!
The only problem after the dirt was that the chain became stiff...
So I removed it from the bike, washed it in hot water with a toothbrush and some hand cleaner, then wiped it dry, blew on it with compressed air, made sure it's completely dry, sprayed some WD40, left it in a small bag for an hour, then cleaned this with some brake cleaner, and finally I added some Motorex chain lube, left it in another clean bag for an hour or so (all this time I was cleaning the rest of the dried mud on the bike!!!), and finally wiped that with a rug and I have a chain working like new!!!!
Nice feeling!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:39 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,782 Posts
Was watching some youtube vids...I saw a vid where it looked like someone put an ARX rider on the dx450. Wow, what a difference in looks it gives the bike. I havent really seen it discussed so just thought Id throw it out there for you owners.
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
29 Posts
I have fryed the original brushed motor....Want to convert to Brushless system and use Lipo battery, but where can I find motor-esc combination wich fit the Anderson m5 ?
saufett is offline Find More Posts by saufett
Old Feb 27, 2011, 06:58 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,821 Posts
I ran this http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=100419 but now on Mamba 7700kv no problems, gears hold up fine not like the Venom :-( nothing has ever gone wrong with this bike apart from the one way bearing, which was the soft shaft, made a hardend one no problems after months of use, great bike
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Mar 04, 2011, 07:12 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
I managed to run the bike once again and this time y son did the driving, so I could take some video!

Here it is:

Anderson M5 Cross (4 min 40 sec)

You may notice that the rear wheel bounces quite a bit around... Any suggestions on oil/spring/pistons?!
Oh... there are a couple nice jumps near the end!
Old Mar 08, 2011, 02:54 AM
Joined Apr 2009
26 Posts
Rear Weel bounces because there is a Gyro in it which makes the tire harder. Maybe you can try adjusting the Rear Shock a little soft to improve the problem. hope this can help.
earljun is offline Find More Posts by earljun
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:32 PM
Joined Sep 2008
35 Posts
hey guys, i assume this is the same as the DuraTrax DX450. Any brake kit available?
LosiRamunition is offline Find More Posts by LosiRamunition
Old Apr 15, 2011, 03:38 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,783 Posts
Better Late Than Never

File this under better late than never.

The Duratrax DX450 (same as Anderson M5 Cross) is now in stock at 2 Wheel Hobbies. We also have all replacement parts and options parts.

Bikes:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/advanced_se...ax+1%2F5+DX450

Replacement parts:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=22_78

Option parts:
http://2wheelhobbies.com/index.php?cPath=23_59

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Old Apr 19, 2011, 01:24 AM
Joined Sep 2006
404 Posts
yesterday I got my bike smoke, I installed my battery and when I gave a throttle the smoke came from the motor. Oh, and all wires turn hot..
Just before I played it smoothly then I had the bike ran choppy after running for about half hours or maybe 45 minutes. Does the esc affected by this problem and the motor got burned?? I dont know why but do I need to add heatsink or fan on the motor
FYI, I ran stock brushless motor and MMP with 5200mah 30c lipo
deeh_46 is offline Find More Posts by deeh_46
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:16 AM
multi spinner
Joined Jun 2010
80 Posts
Maybe the bike is a trike with dyke and spike

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk
tattootroy is offline Find More Posts by tattootroy
Old Jul 18, 2011, 05:21 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
I am curious to know if any guy change this anderson m5 into nitro version?
CCJ-68 is offline Find More Posts by CCJ-68
Old Oct 01, 2011, 05:56 PM
Ελλάς, Ήπειρος, Πάργα
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Dx450

Hello everybody i just want to keep this thread alive. This is my bike buytheway (waiting for the new steel pinion gear)
turbinistas is offline Find More Posts by turbinistas
Old Oct 03, 2011, 05:48 PM
Ελλάς, Ήπειρος, Πάργα
Joined Sep 2011
5 Posts
Dx450 hot racing swingarm

very disappointed of this part it will not feet properly on the rim because its too narrow and if you force the rim in between you re going to destroy the bearings and change the ankle between the arms of the swingarm. You can't file down the part because the screw hubs are too thin and you dont have enough material to do this. the result is that the wheel will not sit in the center and you will need different spacers to make it. definitely lost 50 bucks there you should go with the genuine duratrax gold swingarm it is much better machined.
turbinistas is offline Find More Posts by turbinistas
Old Oct 03, 2011, 07:16 PM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jun 2006
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbinistas View Post
very disappointed of this part it will not feet properly on the rim because its too narrow and if you force the rim in between you re going to destroy the bearings and change the ankle between the arms of the swingarm. You can't file down the part because the screw hubs are too thin and you dont have enough material to do this. the result is that the wheel will not sit in the center and you will need different spacers to make it. definitely lost 50 bucks there you should go with the genuine duratrax gold swingarm it is much better machined.
I agree - this part is poorly made. Don't give up on it if you already spent the money. I was able to wedge my wheel in there about a year ago with the original spacers and it has worked fine ever since.

-rskip
rskip is online now Find More Posts by rskip
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:25 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,303 Posts
who exactly makes this swingarm?!
I m happy with my plastic one, btw!