SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 29, 2009, 04:14 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Across a mown grass field it was fine, up the grassey banks it's was OK so long as it carried momentum.

When I get my test sample I'll be able to really give it a proper thrash test, and see if it will get round an astro track, grass track and mud track too.
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
to remove ads between posts
Old May 29, 2009, 06:22 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Dez, we don't be doin' no racin' on no grass over heres! We needs to know how it works on dirt!!!!
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 29, 2009, 06:41 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Well fret not, I'll be testing it on all three surfaces, standby.....

edit...
hang on, what you guys call dirt we call hard packed clay or "concrete" cos you may as well be running slicks once you get a blue groove!

What we call dirt is massive roosters of muck flying around on every corner.

I guess the word 'dirt' was lost in translation mid atlantic
Old May 29, 2009, 08:15 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,203 Posts
Yeah, dirt is a bit vague. In fact, I'm testing XRAY's XB-808 2009 this weekend on a blue groove track and the more typical rocky and loose one (on the same day, no less) to give a fair review.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old May 30, 2009, 03:03 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
I bet your tyres are hairey rather than knobbly

Go find some grass and find out what the buggy was made for
The 808-09 is a cool bit of kit, we've had one too and one of my guys races it in the British Championship as part of the review, grass, astro and dirt circuits throughout the year. Only track he didn't like was Neo Buggy which was made to US specs to suit the visitors, and surprise surprise hey wupped us good.

Anyway back on thread, yeah the little bike is lighter and shorter than an ARX with smaller wheels, but it will get a thorough test on all surfaces, even tarmac! Rest assured it'll be RRCi tested!
Old Aug 01, 2009, 06:17 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,839 Posts
This thread gone a little bit quite, anyone got any more news on this bike, I am so close to buying the ARX but this looks so cool as well.
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Aug 02, 2009, 08:53 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2007
325 Posts
I was in a model shop yesterday and they should be in stock on the 24th august.I can't wait
hunterz is offline Find More Posts by hunterz
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:44 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4 Posts
Anderson M5 is a good choice, I am sure you will get a lot of fun from it!
CCJ-68 is offline Find More Posts by CCJ-68
Old Aug 28, 2009, 02:50 AM
Joined Aug 2007
35 Posts
I have the Anderson bike and I think its great fun and a lot cheaper than the ARX. Parts are easily available and it is so easy to drive. We are organising an event in the UK in Northampton after we have checked out the track for suitability today. Event is planed for the end of September. Any off road bike is welcome, watch this space for more imfo.
nippy57 is offline Find More Posts by nippy57
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:54 AM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
These sure do look to go well, just a shame they dont look quite so real to me, a bargain though at 225 from modelsport, i have the arx base bike and even then its still a lot more expensive but then you cant really compare the two i guess!
Dont know if i wouldve got the anderson if it had been out at same time or not but sure would have been very very tempting!

and they are different scales shame as they could have raced together then still can i guess!

Thanks

Lee
lee1980 is offline Find More Posts by lee1980
Old Aug 28, 2009, 06:14 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
There are now three threads for the Anderson M5 Cross bike, getting a little diverse isn't it!
Anderson M5 Cross (2 min 4 sec)
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:32 PM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterz
I was in a model shop yesterday and they should be in stock on the 24th august.I can't wait
Any rumors of when Shumacher USA will bring them to the States? I checked th web site, and nothing on there...
Hey Snooey, what's the cheapest shipping from your store to Detroit, Michigan, USA.?
TopDave is offline Find More Posts by TopDave
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:47 PM
U.K, Nottingham
Joined Jan 2005
115 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1980
These sure do look to go well, just a shame they dont look quite so real to me, a bargain though at 225 from modelsport, i have the arx base bike and even then its still a lot more expensive but then you cant really compare the two i guess!
Dont know if i wouldve got the anderson if it had been out at same time or not but sure would have been very very tempting!

and they are different scales shame as they could have raced together then still can i guess!

Thanks

Lee
After owning an arx, i can definately say that the M5 is a much better bike.
You wouldnt be disapointed
Dave
t-maxed is offline Find More Posts by t-maxed
Old Aug 28, 2009, 03:51 PM
dammachines
United States, DC, Washington
Joined Feb 2004
1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-maxed
Dave
Care to elaborate on "better"?

Do you just mean it's more stable? Haven't really heard too many complaints about the ARX - other than the price...
dmincin is online now Find More Posts by dmincin
Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:15 PM
Classic minis rock!!
UK, Bristol
Joined Jan 2007
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-maxed
Dave
Yeah in what ways are you meaning better?? I can see few ways it is lol first one price! hehe and sounds like its easy run right out bike to!
I wont be buying an m5 now i got arx im poor to after just buying a re-re tamiya buggy champ to!, just think i may have got the m5 on price if it been out but i certainly dont regret buying the arx yet!
I havent even ran my arx yet but just putting it together has been great and i hear the electric gyro is very stable so look forward to running it

Thanks

Lee
lee1980 is offline Find More Posts by lee1980
Last edited by lee1980; Aug 28, 2009 at 05:21 PM.