HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old May 14, 2010, 02:15 PM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmincin View Post
I was checking out the specs on the 1WC0608 bearing that is used in the bike.
Stumbled on this site showing Duratrax bearings. Typed in ''one way'' into their search and came up with some results but having not seen (and not knowing the size of) an M5 OWB, I don't know if it of any use.... worth a look I suppose as I know you are all struggling to get hold of this item.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2010, 06:55 PM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Ok
Wired in ezrun 5.5 combo this evening, wired esc directly onto motor as the wires were plenty long enough so didnt use the bullet connectors.

Problem 1:

When I tried to calibrate controler i had to hold set button and switch on esc but it flashes and beeps constantly, but the controller does function the motor if i dont press the set button and just use controller as normal.

Problem 2:

Before i put esc into bike the heat fan was spinning constantly and now installed in bike i cant hear it working so is it meant to be working constantly.

Problem 3:

Whilst it was all turned on on its stand the steering servo and the motor were spontaniously twitching or working with out me touching anything.

Any help with above would be much appreciated as im desperate to use the bloody thing..
peco74 is offline Find More Posts by peco74
Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2010, 07:34 PM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peco74 View Post
Ok
Wired in ezrun 5.5 combo this evening, wired esc directly onto motor as the wires were plenty long enough so didnt use the bullet connectors.

Problem 1:

When I tried to calibrate controler i had to hold set button and switch on esc but it flashes and beeps constantly, but the controller does function the motor if i dont press the set button and just use controller as normal.

Problem 2:

Before i put esc into bike the heat fan was spinning constantly and now installed in bike i cant hear it working so is it meant to be working constantly.

Problem 3:

Whilst it was all turned on on its stand the steering servo and the motor were spontaniously twitching or working with out me touching anything.

Any help with above would be much appreciated as im desperate to use the bloody thing..
1. You need to calibrate it I guess, so you set the "full throttle" and "full brake". It's done exactly as is described in the book.

2. Make sure nothing is in the way of the fan's blades? Maybe some cable? Maybe its case is distorted?
Make sure it's plugged in its socket correctly...

3. Try the ESC with no servo plugged on the receiver. Maybe your servo is doing you tricks... It happened to me once. Also, check tha the servo's plug cables are correct: Black/red/white and in the same order as the ESC small cables?

Also, temporarily plug the ESC on CH1 (the steering, normally) and check that it works with the steering of your transmitter.
Another receiver maybe?
re-bind the receiver if it's 2.4?
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 07:46 AM
Registered User
69-France
Joined May 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco View Post
Anderson comes with the wheel spindle behind the forks.
I double checked on different Anderson sellers on the net, on the Anderson M5 pictures the front wheel axle is in front of the fork. May be "in the box" it's different ? Could someone confirm that and do you have experience with both positions ?
Le Z Turbo is offline Find More Posts by Le Z Turbo
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 11:34 AM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steliosh View Post
1. You need to calibrate it I guess, so you set the "full throttle" and "full brake". It's done exactly as is described in the book.

2. Make sure nothing is in the way of the fan's blades? Maybe some cable? Maybe its case is distorted?
Make sure it's plugged in its socket correctly...

3. Try the ESC with no servo plugged on the receiver. Maybe your servo is doing you tricks... It happened to me once. Also, check tha the servo's plug cables are correct: Black/red/white and in the same order as the ESC small cables?

Also, temporarily plug the ESC on CH1 (the steering, normally) and check that it works with the steering of your transmitter.
Another receiver maybe?
re-bind the receiver if it's 2.4?
Ok checked it over this morning and reason fan had stop was as u said i had a cable wedged under it, released it and now ok.
Interference wasnt as bad today so tried it outside but the bike was surging and not getting much speed, rand a few model shops but no one was willing to help as i didnt purchase esc combo from them, almost ready to chuck the lot in bin but remembered there was a local rc club/track bout 5 miles away so popped along and there was a big meet on and luckily they were all running brushless. First bloke i spoke to said bring it over and he'll have a look, he managed to calibrate controler but was miffed on why it was surging but then when we plugged program card in he took the punch setting down from 9 to 5 and left rest at 1 and bingo....bike was responsive and no surging....at last i can use the bloody thing....only one small problem, the steering servo is crap and when i give full lock left or right a horrible clicking noise comes from servo.
Shall i just upgrade servo and will this solve the problem, if so can anyone send me link of a half decent one thats not too expensive...


Sorry for the essay....lol

Big thanks to the lad that helped me at track.
peco74 is offline Find More Posts by peco74
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 02:00 PM
Bruce
Palmdale, CA
Joined Sep 2005
2,772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Z Turbo View Post
I double checked on different Anderson sellers on the net, on the Anderson M5 pictures the front wheel axle is in front of the fork. May be "in the box" it's different ? Could someone confirm that and do you have experience with both positions ?
It doesn't really matter. You can switch it to either side.

Bruce
slawsonb is offline Find More Posts by slawsonb
Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2010, 02:25 PM
Registered User
69-France
Joined May 2010
47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slawsonb View Post
It doesn't really matter. You can switch it to either side.

Bruce
Hi Bruce. So nice a shop you have and the only one of its kind (yes I'm a customer !!!).
I DID find a difference. In tight low speed turns I found that in the front (supposed Anderson position) position the bike was falling during the turn whereas with the rear duratrax-like position you keep the bike lateral bumper at 1mm from the road with ease.
Le Z Turbo is offline Find More Posts by Le Z Turbo
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 07:51 AM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
Name: DSC03465.jpg
Views: 249
Size: 78.0 KB
Description:
Finally up and running....
peco74 is offline Find More Posts by peco74
Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2010, 10:29 AM
www.steliosh.net/rcmoto/
steliosh's Avatar
Athens, Greece
Joined Oct 2003
3,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peco74 View Post
Attachment 3245232
Finally up and running....
Excellent!!!!!!
steliosh is offline Find More Posts by steliosh
Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2010, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Bedford (UK)
Joined Nov 2002
47 Posts
New Owners

Hi All

My mate and I have just bought the unpainted version. Added the Mtronics G2 bike brushless bike setup (6000kv). Brilliant fun. The esc is excellent with many tuning options to get things just right. One thing I have learnt pretty quickly - don,t get threadlock on lexan! Damn stuff just melts. Oh well, didn't really like the fork protectors anyway - lol!

Glad to join you all - the info in this thread is most helpful.

AndyB
AndyBra is offline Find More Posts by AndyBra
Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2010, 10:58 AM
Registered User
Dez82's Avatar
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBra View Post
Hi All

Glad to join you all - the info in this thread is most helpful.

AndyB
Hi Andy, well there are quite a few of us that have M5 bikes in the UK so you should be able to find someone to play with pretty easily!
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 06:47 AM
Registered User
Bedford (UK)
Joined Nov 2002
47 Posts
Newby to M5 question:

Hi All

As above my mate and I bought M5's - 1 each and are having a great time with them. With the brushless setup we are trying to make strong enough wheely bars at the minute - lol!! Yes , I have seen some of the earlier designs in this thread

The question is: Has anyone found a decent replacement for the biggest issue with the bike - i.e. The flippin' rider. The bikes are brilliant but those lexan riders are awful. There must be lightweight alternatives that can be tweeked?
AndyBra is offline Find More Posts by AndyBra
Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2010, 12:35 PM
Registered User
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
i picked up a Ricky Rider for my DX450 (M5). size wise hes good. a bit heavy, but overall size fit is great. plus Ricky is pretty durable.
there area few options. the new VMX rider may work pretty good as well when its ready.
ya the stock rider isnt the best looking or most durable. i think ive blown dish soap bubbles that were more durable than the M5/DX450 rider is.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 06:44 AM
Registered User
peco74's Avatar
Joined Apr 2010
9 Posts
I need to replace the steering servo on my M5 as servo clicking on full lock so guess they are stripped, looking on ebay there are some high torque metal geared ones for bot a tenner, are they crap or will they be sufficient?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/15kg-METAL-GEA...item335c9218e4

or

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

also how can i restrict the steering on my standard controller to stop the clicking at full steer?
peco74 is offline Find More Posts by peco74
Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2010, 11:39 AM
Registered User
Michigan, Tri City area
Joined Jun 2006
677 Posts
those tower pro servos arnt to bad. you may want to check www.Hobbyking.com

they distribute the Tower Pro servos. and you may be able to get it directly from them for less.
Timmahh is offline Find More Posts by Timmahh
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools