HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:05 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve bisco
My Anderson oil shocks arrived yesterday from Formby Models, (thanks Steve) they work very very well, super smooth and very plush A bit of a mission to build as the o rings are held in with a C clip which is a nightmare to fit, you only get 2 of them so dont send them into orbit as you will never find them again ! as to how long the will last who knows, but its a good design and there is not any load on the piston rod or seals. There is no mention of the oil to use, I have stuck 20wt in there and it feels good, maybe could go a little lighter, just hope they dont leak as the oil would run down the inside of the fork leg and mix the dirt and make a right mess but they are a good price so worth giving them a go, and like I said they do work well.
those forks look great I,m going to get some for mine.do they get rid of the forwards and backwards play that the stock one's have.

I was just going to order one of those steering dampers I wonder if yours is just a one off does anyone else have one
spenny is offline Find More Posts by spenny
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2009, 06:57 AM
Jerez De La Frontera La Parra, Spain
Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts
hello!
here my mod for wheeling

sorry for my english
nobita is offline Find More Posts by nobita
Old Sep 11, 2009, 07:27 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobita
hello!
here my mod for wheeling

sorry for my english
that looks great nice job.
what did you make it with
Old Sep 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts
hello!
thanks Spenny
is one part of fiber carbon
and wheelie bar 18t mini t of hot racing

bye
Old Sep 11, 2009, 02:21 PM
Elcon Cleon, Hormann HT2 TK 09
Bolton
Joined Sep 2009
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny
those forks look great I,m going to get some for mine.do they get rid of the forwards and backwards play that the stock one's have.

I was just going to order one of those steering dampers I wonder if yours is just a one off does anyone else have one
I to bought the Anderson steering damper, also found it to be way too long. Fitted it with a little modding, but found the steering way to direct so went back to stock setup
kennyrccars is offline Find More Posts by kennyrccars
Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:30 PM
UK
Joined Oct 2008
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrccars
I to bought the Anderson steering damper, also found it to be way too long. Fitted it with a little modding, but found the steering way to direct so went back to stock setup
thanks for letting us know I think I will just stay with the stock setup for now
Old Sep 11, 2009, 03:57 PM
Joined Oct 2004
133 Posts
hello!
this is my steering damper is of one 1/18 TT car buggy

sorry for my english
Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:33 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez82
Steve, I notice your front axle is still behind the centreline of the fork leg, try it forwards mate, much better steering as it's reduced trailing rake and still stable as it's a slightly longer wheel base and gives more clearance to the battery box.

Confused by the steering damper, is that the genuine M5 Cross upgrade that doesn't fit of just a thundertiger one you tried to modify?
No Dez its the genuine M5 upgrade, its way to long and the springs so stiff it will never work, not going to waste my time on it, like I said a little Tamiya friction grease on the steering rod will sort it, strange why the damper is such a poor upgrade as the forks are fantastic, you just got to try em!!!!
steve bisco is offline Find More Posts by steve bisco
Old Sep 11, 2009, 05:37 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,796 Posts
Just one more thing, I have heard guys are racing the M5 without the gyro, I guess if you can keep the speed up I cant see why it would not work, but I kind of like how slow you can drive this thing, but its food for thought.
Old Sep 12, 2009, 05:34 AM
UK
Joined Mar 2007
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyrccars
I just got one of the steering dampers and mine does not fit either even moving the servo arm right back its too long how did you fit yours
hunterz is offline Find More Posts by hunterz
Old Sep 12, 2009, 02:26 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,796 Posts
[QUOTE=hunterz]I just got one of the steering dampers and mine does not fit either even moving the servo arm right back its too long how did you fit yours[/QUOT

It does not fit, give it up and just add a little Tamiya friction grease on the steering rod, maybe they will update it, lucky its only cheap so not too bothered but nice try Anderson
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:21 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,796 Posts
Out again today with the Anderson to try out the oil damped front forks, got to say they work so well no problems at all, landed every jump with no rebound bounce got to be one of the top option parts for this bike
Old Sep 13, 2009, 04:37 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
928 Posts
Steve,

how much is the wheel travel?

Thanks
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
canvey island
Joined Jul 2002
1,796 Posts
Hi Jena over 55mm !! you taking an interest in this thread then?
Old Sep 13, 2009, 05:23 PM
AR Racing
Italy, near Milan
Joined Mar 2005
928 Posts
Of course I follow it!
Jena67 is offline Find More Posts by Jena67