Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 21, 2009, 02:16 PM
Its all fun
Australia, NSW, Forster
Joined Oct 2004
7,128 Posts
Discussion
Basic OSD with altitude

I am interested in adding OSD display of altitude for my tethered kite or balloon. It is difficult to find actually what is the minimum I require from the website, as each package seems to also contain other items (like Power Panel or GPS).

Can you please advise?
Tonystott is offline Find More Posts by Tonystott
to remove ads between posts
Old May 23, 2009, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Tony,

Yes, there are a lot of options! For barometric altitude OSD display, you need the following:

1) eLogger V3
2) Altimeter MicroSensor V3
3) Standard OSD Expander

Let me know if that does not clear it up!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2009, 01:12 PM
Free Falling
Joined Feb 2007
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi Tony,

Yes, there are a lot of options! For barometric altitude OSD display, you need the following:

1) eLogger V3
2) Altimeter MicroSensor V3
3) Standard OSD Expander

Let me know if that does not clear it up!

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
Curious.. Does your elogger record this info into a separate file.. like say a video file which could be overlayed ontop of another video in post record, editing?
markm75 is offline Find More Posts by markm75
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:27 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Mark,

Sort of. The data are logged to a separate file, and that file could be played back with our application, with a video window on top of it, perhaps. People have done that.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:34 PM
Free Falling
Joined Feb 2007
300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa
Hi Mark,

Sort of. The data are logged to a separate file, and that file could be played back with our application, with a video window on top of it, perhaps. People have done that.

Regards,

Bill, for Eagle Tree
So this info is logged onboard the plane in the unit? I could then play it back into a video file, which should hopefully lineup with the video from say flycameonev2 to be overlayed is what you mean? Does this also mean i still need the OSD module, or would i even need that to achieve just altimiter numbers and speed.?

On a second tangent, if i went rangevideo setup, i'm assuming these are all modular, ie: i can buy the base unit and what i want, then later add on things like GPS and return to home features? Does connecting it to the rangevideo camera/tx require any soldering for the video feed, or is it another set of video in and out?

So i guess in summary, in terms of parts i'd need to order:

For flycamonev2 potentialy display of data overlayed, post record..
eloggerv3 (100amps, with integrated connectors or the one with wire leads? How to know how many amps to get?): http://www.eagletreesystems.com/MicroPower/3.htm
altimiter http://www.eagletreesystems.com/stan...standalone.htm
speed http://www.eagletreesystems.com/stan...standalone.htm

And if going rangevideo route:

all the above, plus the OSD unit http://www.eagletreesystems.com/OSD/OSD.htm

Any other adapters or things needed in either setup? I'm assuming post flight this all connects to a laptop via usb or is the usb cable something that must be purchased separately.. Of course if doing rangevideo, thats really not 100% needed i would think or for calibration?

I see your GPS unit, but i dont see the return to home ability i thought i heard someone talking about, or was that another addon that interfaces with the GPS from a different vendor?

Thanks again for the help here.
markm75 is offline Find More Posts by markm75