HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 20, 2009, 11:00 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,291 Posts
Question
Calling Dave Field aka Chief High Horse. Hello? You out there, Dave??

Dave's not been returning ANY communication whether it's email, PMs of phone calls. Anyone know his whereabouts or status? Can someone that lives in his area check on him to see if he's even alive or out on bail?
He and I have business to conclude and I've received not so much as a peep.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Last edited by Mark Wood; May 22, 2009 at 12:29 PM. Reason: restrained...for now
to remove ads between posts
Old May 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,218 Posts
Whatever it is, hope it isn't for the PSS Fest...
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Old May 20, 2009, 12:37 PM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,903 Posts
Dave's not here!!!

no no---" I'M DAVE MAN---LET ME IN!!!"

Dave?---Dave's not here!!
T
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig
Old May 20, 2009, 01:30 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin' eagle
Whatever it is, hope it isn't for the PSS Fest...
As a matter of fact, it was. A LEG 48" Zero. Commissioned, all parts supplied and deposit paid last January with a promise that it would be done by PSSfest. He was having some financial issues back then and I responded to this thread in an effort to help.

Thanks Tim, but I'm and getting .

mw
Last edited by Mark Wood; May 20, 2009 at 01:38 PM.
Old May 20, 2009, 05:38 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Joined Jul 2002
4,206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Dave's not been returning ANY communication whether it's email, PMs of phone calls. Anyone know his whereabouts or status? Can someone that lives in his area check on him to see if he's even alive or out on bail?
He and I have business to conclude and I've received not so much as a peep.

mw
Brother Mark, you're starting to make me feel a bit uncomfortable.

I did not want to get on any BANDWAGON, but I have not heard anything from Dave in quite a while.

I sent Dave 2 of my prized planes with motors/esc/ and some servos and lots of $$$ based on your recommendation in his thread.
I have been waiting and hoping that I would see some progress on at least one of my planes.

I sent these planes months ago with the idea he gave me it would take a few weeks each.
We PM'd a couple times, with the last PM March 18th stating he was going to post pictures of the build in a couple days.

Have not heard from him since.
Even after 3 PM's.

I know my plane required a bit of work but they where ARF's for god sake.
The foam wings where sheeted already. I was just wanting them glassed/ finished and the gear installed.
I know, I know there is more work to it then that, but that's why I hired someone better then me.

I know a man gets busy and has to take care of his family/home first but it's getting a bit annoying when he does not respond to repeated PM's

I hope everything is fine with Dave and he will get in touch with us and we will all have a big laugh over this.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Larry
SPEED-E-FLYER is offline Find More Posts by SPEED-E-FLYER
Old May 20, 2009, 06:51 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,590 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Wood
Anyone know his whereabouts or status? Can someone that lives in his area check on him to see if he's even alive or out on bail?

mw
No one in our P-40 build group has heard from Dave in a while either. I have called several times with no return calls. Not sure if going to his house would help either based on this post ((Quote Ray"Jim I left the FG and Mylars on Dave's front porch. It sounded like someone was watching TV but they did not answer the door. ")) http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1330
I live 40 minutes from him so I am not exactly local to check in on him.

I hope he is OK. We all know how much he was looking forward to the PSS Fest. If he does not show up then it must be serious.
He is in my prayers.
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2009, 07:10 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
San Diego
Joined May 2005
3,464 Posts
I left him a call or two prior to the weasel fest. wanted to pick something up on the way by. Hope he's okay, and realizes he's got friends who'd help here on the groups.

Greg
howsthewind is offline Find More Posts by howsthewind
Old May 20, 2009, 08:51 PM
Composites Kid
Lima, Peru
Joined Jul 2008
3,122 Posts
Guys: try this e-mail.

I had a chat with him thru this e-mail account a couple of months ago.

"iambuilderman@gmail.com"
Alex.Schweig is offline Find More Posts by Alex.Schweig
Old May 20, 2009, 09:22 PM
Orange County, CA
Joined Oct 2004
3,509 Posts
No man I'm Dave. Let me in!

Let me start by saying that this is the first time I have been back on this site in weeks.

My standing;
I currently owe build service to several other groupers. I have owed them this service for several months now. I had promised that the last of these builds would be completed by March3rd, and did not make the time line. I am going to make things right by those involved.

My offer to them is as follows;

For Mark Wood:I have sent planes to the Fermin fun fly tomorrow, I am offering him his choice between two planes I have completed. I will also complete his build and return the plane to him at no further charge.

For atjurhs and JP-Soar; I have started but not completed their kits. I will finish their builds and ship at no further charge. I will also be including an apology gift in each box.

For SEED-E-FLYER I have not started his kits and I will be refunding payment, and return shipping at no charge. There is more than enough room in this shipping package to slip something nice in.

For sl33pdirt - if I can sell a few things at the PSS FEST I will be sending you a FULL monetary refund as well.

I will also cover the costs to insure these packages.

EXCUSSES are like armpits, most people have at least two, and they usually stink;

Many of you know me personally, and have heard some of my current situation. I'm going to write the long and short versions here on this blog before I return to the slope forum. I also want it recorded that I am going to make things right by the people listed above.

I was told by a friend, "...that burdens shared, are more easily carried." I have not till this point shared very much of what is going on. I will list both the long and the short versions, and you can choose which one interests you.

BEFORE TODAY

SHORT:

Left a lucrative career , to start a business with my brothers, in May of 2006. The business "failed" in Sept of 2008. I do not qualify for unemployment benefits. Living on my wife's part time wages, and my savings. I have looked for work, interviewed, and never received any job offers. So at 6 months of not having a job, my financial situation, and the mounting stress, my health began to suffer. Now at eight months, I am being evicted, jobless, and at what looks to be pretty close to rock bottom. Now medicated, and in therapy we are relocating to the high desert for cheap rent and back to school.

LONG:

My brothers and I have been planning on opening an Architecture firm for many years. It takes quite some time to become "Board Certified" as an architect in California, DARN'd Earthquake codes (ask me why that's funny). So we worked full time saving money and positioning ourselves in the industry. I left a great job in 2006 making the vaunted "six-figure-income" to take a lousy job with a lousy company, owned and operated by, IMO one bankity blank excuse for a human. After 10 months I was able to escape to my own business. One of my brothers, the Architect, relocated his wife and children from Arizona to San Diego in 2004, after sleeping on my couch for 8 months while finding and solidifying his employment in a new state. We signed our first contract in May of 2006, and opened our doors in July of 2006. Well we failed as brothers to succeed in business, causing us to brake ties Sept 2008. I had been using my savings during our first six months in business to save the company over head. This left me lower on funds to live off of in case of an emergency, like being out of work two weeks before this current economic melt down.

Because one of my brothers decided instead of paying my/our payroll taxes, as agreed, that he was better off classifying me as an independent contractor and sending me a surprise 1099 form, I have no unemployment benefits. I have been searching for a job for 9 months now and have run out of savings and time.

AS OF TODAY:

My wife and I have had to face some tough decisions. First, we have postponed our adoption proceedings. Second we are relocating to a less expensive area (high desert, Pinon Hills) renting a part of a house, and I am going to school for my certificate as a Radiology Tech. We have down sized our possessions and life style quite a bit. I am not sure if bankruptcy is in our near future or if there is another way out, but I have to find a way to rebuild my savings, and net worth again, not to mention dealing with the debts I have.

I have been sleepless, loosing hair (no jokes please I was bald before this is different), joint and back pain have almost become incapacitating. It was not just the pains but my behavior, things got to the point that one day I looked at my wife and she was asking me to go get help, that she was scared for me. She said I was isolating myself, getting angry, snapping and having mood swings. I have had to go into medical care for depression, It seems that all the things I was going through, had broken my spirit. Heck, I have even been refused jobs at burger joints. Other companies said I have earned too much money in the past, for them to hire me, and now my credit is problem.

So, a little medication and lots of talking to therapists and a psych, I am learning a few things about myself, and how to get going again.

I will start by finishing the projects I have here for others, at no further charges, as soon as my move is finished.

All of this is so inconveniently timed that I will not be going to the PSS FEST so I can get out of my house one step before the Sheriff locks me out. Ironically my new home is 15 minutes from the Cajon flying site. I will however come out to the fun fly if I can get back from my first trailer load to the new house in time.

I should have my shop set back up in a week or two, allowing me to finish these builds before my classes start in Aug.

Apologetically,
David
Chief High Horse is offline Find More Posts by Chief High Horse
Old May 20, 2009, 09:33 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,291 Posts
You have my number...a few times.

mw
Old May 20, 2009, 09:51 PM
Carlsbad, CA
Joined Sep 2004
4,363 Posts
Dave,

I have a utility trailer you can borrow if you want. Let me know and I can bring it over Friday.

Take care of yourself and your family.
rockbus is offline Find More Posts by rockbus
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Multicopter News
Old May 20, 2009, 09:56 PM
Southern Oregon
Joined Apr 2004
1,908 Posts
Friends can indeed help carry a burden

Dave,

I so enjoyed talking with you on the phone this past winter...

At that time, Tresa informed me that we had $2.34 cents in the checking account (That's NOT a type! two dollars and thirty four CENTS!)

I had two old kits in boxes, a bagged impulse, an old Telos and a few plastic Shogun body parts... they sold here quick and then someone asked for a Telos kit... two weeks later, Tresa was having to keep up with orders on an Excel spread sheet and as you predicted, the sales dropped... By then I had three toy company prototype jobs, created the Crossbow and the ICON and have not let go...

What am I trying to share? Don't let go! For some reason (maybe a sense of lack of self worth? Shame? who knows and I don't think it matters, but when we are "down", our tendency is to isolate which then feeds the fire (I KNOW! I've been there MANY TIMES! It is somehow so easy to forget that people out there care... even the ones we've let down or think we've let down...

If there is anything I can do please let me know... I am only a phone call away or an email and I can call you! It is so good to share with someone who cares... I know there are others out here that care as well...

When I was down and began the "rebirth" of the Telos, the words of encouragement carried me through many sleepless nights and worse... I hear and read people here use the term "brother"... I think they mean it!

My heart is with you and my ear and shoulder are yours!

Best always! (no matter what!)

Your friend (brother) Richard...
jarel design is offline Find More Posts by jarel design
Old May 20, 2009, 10:08 PM
DWA
John 3:16
South Orange County,CA.
Joined Dec 2004
9,590 Posts
Wow I knew it was bad just didnít know it was that bad. You are a great man David, always helpful and generous to others. You will overcome this! If you need help please call me, I will be there for you.

Screw the PSS Fest, as much as I wanted to go, I would rather help you move! I am dead serious if I can help let me know, I have a mini van we could pack full of your stuff.
Or if I can help in another way just call me. I have the next 4 days free to help.

Your Friend
In prayer and in action.
Dave
DWA is offline Find More Posts by DWA
RCG Plus Member
Old May 20, 2009, 10:28 PM
__Jackass Savant__
United States, CA, Oxnard
Joined Feb 2005
2,505 Posts
Some things crumble under pressure. Some things make diamonds. What are you made of?

Boz
unemployed circa 07, benefit-less, making ground shoveling sand....
theBOZman is offline Find More Posts by theBOZman
Last edited by theBOZman; May 20, 2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: doesn't get paid to spel
Old May 20, 2009, 10:30 PM
Confirmed Chronic
Pacific Palisades, CA
Joined Jul 2004
9,218 Posts
Good luck Dave. Let me know what you're selling; I am always interested in a new plane.
screamin' eagle is offline Find More Posts by screamin' eagle
Closed Thread