HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:51 PM
United States, FL, Palm Beach
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Have an assassin that someone gave me and can bind it on my dx7, use delta configuration, but can't get the right setup. I guess my question is, can anyone walk me through a dx7 setup? I'm wondering if I have to reverse the servos...
Might be time to patronize your LHS
viper522 is offline Find More Posts by viper522
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, MD, Kensington
Joined Dec 2008
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper522 View Post
Let's see. He bought the plane from Lee, he bought the glue and tape from Home Depot, he bought the transmitter who knows where, and he bought the parts from Hobby King (I'm speculating, of course, but you get my drift). How ethical is it to take up LHS professionals' time for this?
michaelingp is offline Find More Posts by michaelingp
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:13 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
Let's see. He bought the plane from Lee, he bought the glue and tape from Home Depot, he bought the transmitter who knows where, and he bought the parts from Hobby King (I'm speculating, of course, but you get my drift). How ethical is it to take up LHS professionals' time for this?
pa·tron·ize
/ˈpātrəˌnīz/
Verb

Frequent (a store, theater, restaurant, or other establishment) as a customer.

Synonyms
support
Old Feb 08, 2013, 05:35 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,154 Posts
I have learned that if one person asks a question that another 20 had the same question but didn't ask. We get a lot of E-mails from people who don't post on the threads.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:49 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
650 Posts
Quote:
Huh? My LHS?
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:50 PM
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Apr 2012
650 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone
TheMagician007 is offline Find More Posts by TheMagician007
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:08 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
Local Hobby Shop
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:30 AM
Dixie Sky Devils AMA# 1015548
United States, MS, Tupelo
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesengr View Post
Just wondering what the guidance is regarding trimming the length of the motor shaft on the CF 2812. It is longer than it needs to be.
Good idea?
Bad idea?
Really necessary?
Useful but not required?
Yes, I would cut it off, but it's not requried I don't think? I used a rotary tool (Dremil) with a cutoff wheel, didn't think about the filings, but I blew it out well? (got a couple of spare's). pushed prop saver all the way to housing & wacked it off! used a larger bit to just start a hole for the dimple on saver to fit in and strap it on, I use 2 O-rings, works well.
tupeloflyer is offline Find More Posts by tupeloflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sig New ARF 4 Star 64
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:39 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Avllino View Post
Have an assassin that someone gave me and can bind it on my dx7, use delta configuration, but can't get the right setup. I guess my question is, can anyone walk me through a dx7 setup? I'm wondering if I have to reverse the servos...
I'm not familiar with the Dx7, but my Dx8 you select Elevons on wing type, but I did have to reverse my servo leads to Rx to make it work right? it said something in the book about Elevon-B setting to eliminate having to do that, but couldn't figure it out, after swapping leads she works perfect!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:46 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
My Assassin is weighing in around 17 to 17.2 oz's, my scale is sensitive, it bounces between 17 &17.2... but it seems to be just a hair tail heavy according to the CG measurments from instructions. hate to add more weight? any sugestions?? going to maiden it today and see how she fly's! one good thing, can't tear it up!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:03 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
take it out there along with a couple sticky automobile wheel weights, apply as needed to get it flying well
Old Feb 09, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
Quote:
take it out there along with a couple sticky automobile wheel weights, apply as needed to get it flying well
when you make a mark 6.5in from nose, how far out towards wing tips do you balance from? or does it really matter? about half way it's seems to be close but a fine line! I can slightly move my fingers, and one time it will fall backwards, and sometimes it will fall forward, I'm guessing it should balance at the 6.5in mark right?
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1,137 Posts
Ok Folk's! I'm a believer now! the Assassin is the toughest plane on the planet!! I had to go and maiden mine this morning (in gail force wind btw) and after I found "my way" to launch it,(frisbee style) It flew GREAT!,I had my rates a little too high and was a little squirrelly at first, but for a 7 dollar motor the emax cf2812 will scream on this thing! especially down wind in 10 to 15mph wind!!. It took a couple of so called "lawn dart" landings with no damage what so ever!. a couple of clicks of trim is all it took, This thing is a blast! I'm officially hooked! now I got to start working on my flying bubbies, (after I practice enough to take them down of course!) cool Plane! Thanks for all the help, and sorry for all the stupid questions! Tupeloflyer..
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tupeloflyer; Feb 09, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,161 Posts
See you just have to toss it up and fly it. these things are great.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:21 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,983 Posts
Until I get the VisionAir and finish building and maiden my EP Reactor Bipe the Assassin is most definitely my favorite plane ever! It's awesome.

Blu
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer