HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:34 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
Like a complete goof stuck in flight mode lol. i had the wrong servos in the wrong channels. I didnt know it mattered but whatever combo of reversing I did i would never get the right reaction on elevator when aileron worked and vice versa. Went out tonight in the spitting rain for a try and solved it lol. I hate it when im rushing my self and miss the little details... Ill be tripple checking my zeph 2
thanks for the help
elliott000 is online now Find More Posts by elliott000
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
move the right stick all the way to the left- left elevon goes up
move the right stick all the way to the right- right elevon goes up
That could explain why my maiden went so poorly. Now I can't fix the problem on my DX8, servo reversing makes it worse, I tried plugging them in differently no difference. I'd prefer not have to move the servos as they're covered in hot glue.
Thursday is offline Find More Posts by Thursday
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:01 PM
KI4KRA
United States, NC, Spring Lake
Joined May 2005
81 Posts
Yea, if you have left and right aileron switched on the receiver you will find yourself in a situation where no matter what combination of reversing and switching on the tx you do they will not work right, swap the two leads on the rx and you should be golden.
Ogrestud is offline Find More Posts by Ogrestud
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrestud View Post
Yea, if you have left and right aileron switched on the receiver you will find yourself in a situation where no matter what combination of reversing and switching on the tx you do they will not work right, swap the two leads on the rx and you should be golden.
I tried this. Didn't change anything.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 09:42 PM
Blythewood, SC
Joined Dec 2003
219 Posts
Hey Thursday, here's what I have on my Assassin: Orange 6chl Rx, DX8 Tx, left elevon plugged into the aileron slot, right elevon plugged into the elevator slot both normal I think (the black portion of the reverse switch is under normal)
Chipped Rotor is online now Find More Posts by Chipped Rotor
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipped Rotor View Post
Hey Thursday, here's what I have on my Assassin: Orange 6chl Rx, DX8 Tx, left elevon plugged into the aileron slot, right elevon plugged into the elevator slot both normal I think (the black portion of the reverse switch is under normal)
I have the same equipment as you. My left elevon (as if I was sitting in the cockpit) is plugged into elevator channel on the rx, right elevon is on the aileron. The only setting I changed on the DX8 was wing type to elevons. No servo reversing the black portion is under normal on mine as well.

Stick down - Elevons up
Stick up - Elevons Down
Stick left - Left elevon down
Stick right - Right elevon down
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:44 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,034 Posts
Been flying the poo out of my Assassin! Totally digging it.

Waiting for the arrival of Tower Pro 90S servos on Wednesday to complete my Widowmaker. Must resist getting that flying boomerang Titan!
Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:50 AM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined Jun 2009
166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
I have the same equipment as you. My left elevon (as if I was sitting in the cockpit) is plugged into elevator channel on the rx, right elevon is on the aileron. The only setting I changed on the DX8 was wing type to elevons. No servo reversing the black portion is under normal on mine as well.

Stick down - Elevons up
Stick up - Elevons Down
Maybe I have everything reversed, but when I push the attitude stick forward, my elevons go down and plane dives, pull back and elevons go up and plane climbs(depending on throttle). Move stick left, left elevon goes up right goes down, pushes the left wing down and banks left. Stick right then right elevon goes up and left goes down and this pushes the right wing down, banking right.
Probably just my strange flying. Interesting
Bill
SupraGo is offline Find More Posts by SupraGo
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:32 AM
KI4KRA
United States, NC, Spring Lake
Joined May 2005
81 Posts
Quote:
Stick down - Elevons up
Stick up - Elevons Down
The servos are flip flopped in the rx. You should be able to switch your wires on the rx and then reverse the elevator and you should be golden.

If any combination of reversing gets half the equation right, meaning ailerons work right but your elevator is reversed, or the elevator is right and the ailerons are reversed in a elevon setup, your servos are reversed on the tx. Flip them around and you should be able to reverse one or both to make it behave normally.
Ogrestud is offline Find More Posts by Ogrestud
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:45 AM
Blythewood, SC
Joined Dec 2003
219 Posts
Hey Thursday, are the output shafts of the servos toward the LE or the TE of the wing? Mine are toward the LE.
Chipped Rotor is online now Find More Posts by Chipped Rotor
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:26 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,889 Posts
Combat defeat

Well we had our 1st combat hit yesterday, unfortunately I was on the receiving end! Jim got me good coming down on my Assassin and propping across my top side. My right aileron hinge was cut, servo arm snapped, prop broke, and motor mount bent way out of shape. Down I went from about 50ft into the ground. Wow nice hit Jim. Time for repairs

Blu
Bluhammer is online now Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:37 AM
wheeeeee!
United States, UT, Provo
Joined Oct 2011
915 Posts
Holy cow. Must have been a whallop!

Next nice thing about CTH wings: easy, easy repairs. With a few hand tools, stuff like that gets fixed right there on the field.
elCapitan is offline Find More Posts by elCapitan
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:49 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elCapitan View Post
Holy cow. Must have been a whallop!

Next nice thing about CTH wings: easy, easy repairs. With a few hand tools, stuff like that gets fixed right there on the field.
Yeah except the motor mount. It's bent in 3 different angles, weird! I'm taking it to work where I have a good vice and a press to get it right.
Blu
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:58 PM
Chess club geek with wings
Brainerd, MN
Joined Aug 2008
1,053 Posts
The motor mount is one of the few items I wish Lee would sell "a la cart"...
it's consistently the only thing to sustain damage in a full speed crash into the ground. They bend back well the first couple of times but after a while they get pretty soft
blunight is online now Find More Posts by blunight
Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:59 PM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,889 Posts
So I guess it's not worth checking with them to get a spare, bummer

Blu