Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Jun 2009
391 Posts
M-D Wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by moray View Post
Going to order some MD 24ga wire. Don't worry I don't join the challenge.
You will have a lot of fun, looking at that motor winding it looks complex but it's just three individule wires about 10" long. He chose to buy and use all three colors but it's not essential.
Does look good though; but who can see it as it becomes a dot in the distance.
Chico John is offline Find More Posts by Chico John
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:49 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,169 Posts
My Assassin came today. It is truly a kit and it comes at a perfect time. My commission to start a 7' statue of Thomas A Edison for Edison State College has started. And this is good because I have to postpone my flying lessons at the flight club in my effort to get my license because my teacher comes there at 12:30 p. My trainer is a wonderful teacher and we are using a 63" Cessna 182 as my trainer.

I taught myself to fly a power glider Bixler Sky Surfer and it was fun.

This will bring back fun to flyimg and I want that now. I will license with the Cessna but in my private air field I will learn to fly the 'Assassin' and have some fun before that.

Thank y'all for hearing all this. I want to loose my fear of crashing and If I can do that and learn to fly this thing I feel I can fly all 3 of my planes.

It looks soooo fun.

I'm in the 'order all the stuff phase.
DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Last edited by Sculptor; Oct 04, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old Oct 05, 2012, 04:59 AM
wait, there was a tree ?!?
Switzerland, ZH, Oberengstringen
Joined Jun 2012
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico John View Post
You will have a lot of fun, looking at that motor winding it looks complex but it's just three individule wires about 10" long. He chose to buy and use all three colors but it's not essential.
Does look good though; but who can see it as it becomes a dot in the distance.
I'm a bit confused by your quote.
Are you refering to the picture I posted with the rewind where I used the 3 colors? I just hear all the time how awesome the MD wire is. So I just ordered some
moray is offline Find More Posts by moray
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:30 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
I just ordered mine after flying a minipopwing a few times. It was a little small for me and I didn't like the wingtips, but it was one hell of a tough well made and fast wing...gave me the bug!!!!! The assassin seems better at 34" and thicker with a better airfoil and no W.tips. It say's to keep it light so I am going through heads up rc for all my components. The CF2812/1600kv motor, 30ampESC, T Pro MG 90 servo's, 3mm prop saver, 7x6eTP prop and a 1300 3S 40C lipo. I do own a lot of 3S 2200 lipo's so I will see. Now all I have to do is learn about setting up a camera on this bad boy, tech comes slow to me but once it clicks I'm good! This is 4 new planes in 3 days!!!!!! Hello, my name is Dave,and I'm,,,,
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:02 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Feb 2012
652 Posts
hey guys, ive had my first few flights on th assassin and i love it. Im coming from helis and this plane allows me the crshes ill be having lol. My build is good and my cg is as per manual with the top of the elevons parallel to the bottom of the airfoil. My only question is in trimming. im doin the pizza box style 3/4 throttle lanch and it works great, just not sure what to look for in these wings for trimming, it flies pretty straight on and off throttle. I found my right turns were pretty lame but I epoxied my servos in and its bang on now. any pointers for trimming or just go with what i have, second assassin got ordered last night lol for a more refined build. I might put an old 450m 3000kv from my trex 450 for a laugh or crash....
elliott000 is offline Find More Posts by elliott000
Old Oct 05, 2012, 11:33 AM
TM1
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
my new Assassin ...

just finished building the Assassin for my boys ...
it was great building it. very strait forward. good guide in CTH web site.

the boys wanted the Assassin's Creed (xBox games they play too many hours a day) logo on the plane. so ...
actually, I think it's the name that made them want this specific model.

AUW turned out 16.8 oz. - I'm satisfied !

Tx is programmed and ready for maiden.

some pics >>>
TM1 is offline Find More Posts by TM1
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,040 Posts
TM1 - I like your color scheme. What did you use for the orange portions? If tape, what kind and where did you get it?
Left Coast DJ is online now Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Oct 06, 2012, 12:02 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,455 Posts
If you are flying straight and level at any point between half to full throttle you are pretty close to well trimmed. It's all personal preference from there.
I trim for dead level at about half throttle and just accept it if I have to put a little forward pressure on the stick to fly level at full throttle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott000 View Post
hey guys, ive had my first few flights on th assassin and i love it. Im coming from helis and this plane allows me the crshes ill be having lol. My build is good and my cg is as per manual with the top of the elevons parallel to the bottom of the airfoil. My only question is in trimming. im doin the pizza box style 3/4 throttle lanch and it works great, just not sure what to look for in these wings for trimming, it flies pretty straight on and off throttle. I found my right turns were pretty lame but I epoxied my servos in and its bang on now. any pointers for trimming or just go with what i have, second assassin got ordered last night lol for a more refined build. I might put an old 450m 3000kv from my trex 450 for a laugh or crash....
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Oct 06, 2012, 02:00 AM
TM1
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
TM1 - I like your color scheme. What did you use for the orange portions? If tape, what kind and where did you get it?
Left Coast DJ, thanks, it's a tape from HK. here's a link :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22982

it's very thin and light. not the best quality but does the job.
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:19 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
Left Coast DJ, thanks, it's a tape from HK. here's a link :
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=22982

it's very thin and light. not the best quality but does the job.
Does the wing tape go on the foam before covering (under the film) or on top of the film after the foam has already been covered?
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:49 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,169 Posts
Quote:
Does the wing tape go on the foam before covering (under the film) or on top of the film after the foam has already been covered?
All the reinforcing goes on first except the hinge tape. Then the iron on covering. Then Covering over the hinge tap.

Paint it up and fly away.

DJ
Old Oct 06, 2012, 11:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
All the reinforcing goes on first except the hinge tape. Then the iron on covering. Then Covering over the hinge tap.

Paint it up and fly away.

DJ
True. I want to know if TM1 put the orange wing tape from HK under the covering or on top of it.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:32 AM
TM1
Joined Jan 2012
78 Posts
Quote:
True. I want to know if TM1 put the orange wing tape from HK under the covering or on top of it.
On top.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:16 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,040 Posts
Thanks for all the info guys. I have an Assassin and a Widowmaker on the way! Looking forward to wringing them out.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 12:32 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,169 Posts
Getting ready to cut in the electronics and stuff. Instinct has me wanting to cut some vents in for the ESC. With in trapped in the foam slot it seems it would get very hot.

What do y'all think.

DJ