HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:54 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elCapitan View Post
Just head back to the CTH website, and navigate to the Assassin again. There will be a tab for instructions. You can view them right on the site, or download the .pdf. Just stick to the instructions and you'll be good.

...but of course, if you have questions along the way, never hesitate to come here.
Yes sir and thank you.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:25 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,392 Posts
I could prove it once at the field when my Assassin went to the grass with the nose and nothing happens! Its a great project indeed!

Thank you Lee for make us happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:29 AM
United States, KY, Cold Spring
Joined Jul 2012
14 Posts
Like many people I was very skeptical seen that assassin vs the brick wall video...then coming on here and reading everyone talk about how tough these things are...

It's no joke...I've done WOT passes through a field goal post and have hit it twice...with absolutely 0 damage...it's indescribable the beating these things take...I've got a few scars on the post from my assassin you can see it in the picture

Since buying this plane I'm selling all my parkzone models and parts...going for the deep reaper next on 4s!!! these things are an addiction beyond the hobby...

brettskermetzger is offline Find More Posts by brettskermetzger
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:39 AM
Bay Area Prop Buster
Bay Area CA
Joined Jan 2011
3,889 Posts
I'm not happy with the Emax motor, anyone try something with more zip?
Bluhammer is offline Find More Posts by Bluhammer
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:40 AM
KI4KRA
United States, NC, Spring Lake
Joined May 2005
81 Posts
What were the stats on the Emax?
Ogrestud is offline Find More Posts by Ogrestud
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:18 AM
United States, UT, Herriman
Joined Jan 2012
1,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrestud View Post
What were the stats on the Emax?
Probably the little red motor that is recommended here. I've heard of people using bigger motors, and there is the rewind.
ttabbal is online now Find More Posts by ttabbal
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:21 AM
Chess club geek with wings
Brainerd, MN
Joined Aug 2008
1,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluhammer View Post
I'm not happy with the Emax motor, anyone try something with more zip?
You can rewind the Emax motor for 300 watts with a 7x6 prop...See KC Flyer's post #5847. I just ordered the wire to try this...

One of my Assassin's has a Motrolfly 2210/2200 motor. 311 watts on a 6X5.5 prop and 30A static.

At that power level you need a 40c 1300 mAh battery - it will easily puff a 25c battery (ask me how I know) but man o' man does that thing rip!
blunight is offline Find More Posts by blunight
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:39 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,414 Posts
More zip. Not a beginner setup.
http://www.hobbypartz.com/86mb82-3010-1700kv.html
Ninja Tom's Assassin by Crashtesthobby (3 min 56 sec)
jetpackninja is online now Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:17 PM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,392 Posts
Very nice wing Ninja Tom!
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:19 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,414 Posts
Thanks mate! It's a very fun plane to fly
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:34 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,156 Posts
Model download issue please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
There is a Zagi flying wing model in Clearview that has characteristics close enough to the Assassin to be helpful. The main thing that it helps with is the orientation aspects of learning to fly a wing. One aggravating thing about that model (in clearview) is learning how to land it without crashing.
Have no fear- The assassin you can just get somewhere near the ground and cut of the motor. If it noses in or cartwheels it's no big deal

Zagi with flames
http://pwp.att.net/p/s/community.dll...eid=314225&ck=
I downloaded it but it gives me to folders. One is 'Data' and the other is 'Wavedata'. but I can't find a plane in there can anyone help with this?

Thank you,
DJ
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:51 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,414 Posts
Unzip the file (sounds like you already did)
You should have a folder called Zagi-Flames (this folder contains the two folders that you mentioned)
Place this folder in c:\ClearViewRC\clearview\models and restart ClearView
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:55 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpackninja View Post
Unzip the file (sounds like you already did)
You should have a folder called Zagi-Flames (this folder contains the two folders that you mentioned)
Place this folder in c:\ClearViewRC\clearview\models and restart ClearView
Thank you sir, I'll do just that.

DJ
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:22 PM
USA, WI, Cedarburg
Joined Sep 2010
54 Posts
I'm having a little bit of an issue with my Assassin. This is my second build. The first one was great! Flew very nicely fast or slow. After two years of near constant abuse I had to retire it. The last straw was clipping a small sapling (trunk was about 1" dia.) and I almost tore the Assassin in half.

Anyway, my new one doesn't fly anything like my old one. I know that had to add some weight to the nose of the first one due to messing up the CG with the battery placement. Now I think I over did it and this one is nose heavy. I don't know because this is really only my second plane.

The only way I can describe the flight characteristics is it's "twitchy". You hardly have to touch the stick and it snaps nose up or down. In a steep banked turn it seems to want to fall out of the sky.

I have the throws set at 3/8" and I still have to knock the Dual Rates in my DX6i down to 65% and 85%. At 100% it's almost uncontrollable.

I know I can just cut out some foam and move the battery back a little but I would like to get some input before I start hacking away at the foam.
StreetCred is offline Find More Posts by StreetCred
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:43 PM
Joined Jun 2009
391 Posts
Check the CG

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCred View Post
I'm having a little bit of an issue with my Assassin. This is my second build. The first one was great! Flew very nicely fast or slow. After two years of near constant abuse I had to retire it. The last straw was clipping a small sapling (trunk was about 1" dia.) and I almost tore the Assassin in half.

Anyway, my new one doesn't fly anything like my old one. I know that had to add some weight to the nose of the first one due to messing up the CG with the battery placement. Now I think I over did it and this one is nose heavy. I don't know because this is really only my second plane.

The only way I can describe the flight characteristics is it's "twitchy". You hardly have to touch the stick and it snaps nose up or down. In a steep banked turn it seems to want to fall out of the sky.

I have the throws set at 3/8" and I still have to knock the Dual Rates in my DX6i down to 65% and 85%. At 100% it's almost uncontrollable.

I know I can just cut out some foam and move the battery back a little but I would like to get some input before I start hacking away at the foam.
Have you actually tested to see if the airplane is balanced at the center of gravity?
It's important that the wing is not tail heavy. Find a way to balance it.
Chico John is offline Find More Posts by Chico John