SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:54 PM
Flying Free
Utah
Joined Aug 2001
1,938 Posts
I feel your pain. When I first got into the hobby about 10 years ago, I lost a $200 plane. It took about 6 hours and a friend's 4 wheeler and another friend's trailer to get the 4 wheeler to the fieldof 4' tall grass. And then I went back and forth covering about 5 acres with my daughter on the back as look out. We found it just before sundown.

Since then I put a sticker with my name, address, phone number, and AMA number (It is required by AMA. I belong to AMA for the insurance and follow the AMA park flyer guidelines, religiously.) on everything, TX, planes, chargers, batteries, I also put "REWARD!" on the stickers that I have printed out. Then I cover them with tape to make them a little weather resistant.

You might make some fliers to post around the area and post at some local businesses and at the local hobby store. Who knows it may show up in a month or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis_Claudio View Post
I lost it I arrived sunday morning and my assassin was not there anymore
...:
erashby is offline Find More Posts by erashby
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:00 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,050 Posts
Often the wind will do what climbers cannot. We had a plane on top of a warehouse that was too tall to get a ladder up to on a weekend. The next week when the employees were finally in the plane had blown off the roof and was found on the ground by the building.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:21 AM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
Quote:
I belong to AMA for the insurance and follow the AMA park flyer guidelines, religiously.)
hahahah- not if you show up to the next sWARm
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 AM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
six assasins in night combat

Assassin combat(2) (7 min 18 sec)
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:00 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,418 Posts
As I cutted the cores by myself and scratchbuilt it from the zero, the lost feeling is worst, even when you remember that it was flying very well.

I´ll do that: put a sticker with my contacts. The word “REWARD” just like you put (in upper cas) is wonderfull! I´ve never think about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erashby View Post
I feel your pain. When I first got into the hobby about 10 years ago, I lost a $200 plane. It took about 6 hours and a friend's 4 wheeler and another friend's trailer to get the 4 wheeler to the fieldof 4' tall grass. And then I went back and forth covering about 5 acres with my daughter on the back as look out. We found it just before sundown.

Since then I put a sticker with my name, address, phone number, and AMA number (It is required by AMA. I belong to AMA for the insurance and follow the AMA park flyer guidelines, religiously.) on everything, TX, planes, chargers, batteries, I also put "REWARD!" on the stickers that I have printed out. Then I cover them with tape to make them a little weather resistant.

You might make some fliers to post around the area and post at some local businesses and at the local hobby store. Who knows it may show up in a month or two.
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:12 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by restlessswind View Post
I love night flying. Any of you who haven't done it should give it a try. Combat at night is a whole new sport. It is easier to keep track of the other planes but harder to keep track of trees and flyers in the field. Anyone on the field needs a glow stick or flash light that can be seen from the flight line.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:14 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,050 Posts
We added a few pictures and updated the Assassin and Widowmaker instructions. Please take a look and make a few suggestions on what would have helped you build your plane.

Thanks

Lee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:38 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,418 Posts
Where is it Lee? I could not find in the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
We added a few pictures and updated the Assassin and Widowmaker instructions. Please take a look and make a few suggestions on what would have helped you build your plane.

Thanks

Lee
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:00 PM
wait, there was a tree ?!?
Switzerland, ZH, Oberengstringen
Joined Jun 2012
50 Posts
I'm in the process of building an assassin (btw super fast shipping ! that thing was over here in switzerland in 7 days !), I could use some advice regarding the motor angle, is this angle normal or should I correct the mount, maybe with washers ?

Thanks a lot for a short reply.
moray is offline Find More Posts by moray
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
Joined Jun 2009
391 Posts
Motor angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moray View Post
I'm in the process of building an assassin (btw super fast shipping ! that thing was over here in switzerland in 7 days !), I could use some advice regarding the motor angle, is this angle normal or should I correct the mount, maybe with washers ?

Thanks a lot for a short reply.
Turn the prop vertical and get it close to 90 degrees of the center line of the core, you already look close though.
Chico John is offline Find More Posts by Chico John
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Jun 2012
50 Posts
Thank you for the fast reply. I see what I can do to get it right.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 05:50 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,502 Posts
If it needs adjustment, the easiest way is to just bend the steel motor mount, just grab it carefully so that you aren't ripping the screws out of the formica
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Jan 2012
1,043 Posts
Just picked up this SkyArtec BL330 4200KV motor today. Any opinions on whether it can power a Widowmaker?

Left Coast DJ is offline Find More Posts by Left Coast DJ
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:33 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Jan 2010
3,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Coast DJ View Post
Just picked up this SkyArtec BL330 4200KV motor today. Any opinions on whether it can power a Widowmaker?

4200 kv motor of that size would most likely turn a 4-4.5 inch prop on 2s. So, I would say no.
restlessswind is offline Find More Posts by restlessswind
Old Sep 29, 2012, 02:29 PM
Joined Jun 2012
50 Posts
so I just finished my first assassin build, it was a lot of fun to build it, hopefully we don't have rain tomorrow I'm rdy to maiden it , made a short slideshow from the build :

CTH Assassin Build - Slideshow (1 min 39 sec)