HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:13 PM
United States, TX, Pearland
Joined Feb 2004
242 Posts
Where's a good place to get this .67 lens? I have the camera a long time ago. Don't remember which # it is though.
jlewis99 is online now Find More Posts by jlewis99
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:46 PM
United States, MS, Clinton
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
china via ebay.....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
I know some people have gotten decent results from the jelly lenses, but they seem a bit cloudy and they are cased in plastic, where these are in aluminum.
bamabaxter is offline Find More Posts by bamabaxter
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:28 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
LED strips in the Assassin

Considering that the Assassin is a thicker wing (than the Widowmaker), would LEDs embedded in the wing show up as well in the Assassin?

I am working on 3 combat Assassins for my local club. I got the thought that I could build them for dual purposes. First and foremost would be combat, but if I included 9" led strips in each wing, then it would also give a few people into night flying. They would get 2-in-1 wings.

Any thoughts on how well the wiring connections (solder points) would hold up in combat? Any other considerations?
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:32 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,068 Posts
Speaking of key chain cameras, anyone using the HD version? I've sold out all the #8 cams I have on hand and I'm thinking about selling the HD version in it's place. I have a couple of used #3 cams if anyone is interested.
Ryan
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:35 PM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Pierre, SD, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,112 Posts
If you use this camera this will help;
http://www.spyinfo.net/index.php/key...dvk808-review/
I am thinking of getting the .67 lens for mine now, the videos look nice.
i got my camera from Ryan a while ago and haven't used it yet.

nut
rcairnut is offline Find More Posts by rcairnut
Old Jun 05, 2011, 06:57 PM
NKK for short...
United States, IN, Mitchell
Joined Oct 2010
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay View Post
Considering that the Assassin is a thicker wing (than the Widowmaker), would LEDs embedded in the wing show up as well in the Assassin?
I put LEDs in my Assassin and they show up great! I flew it at dusk one night and the brightness was great. I think if I hadn't put them in the foam they would have probably been blinding.

I did not put LEDs in the leading edge of the wing and I should have, if you don't it makes the plane hard to see when it's coming straight at you.
I put my LEDs under the decals in a slot that I burned with my soldering iron (with a spare tip I'll never use otherwise).
nkkromhof is offline Find More Posts by nkkromhof
Old Jun 05, 2011, 08:58 PM
United States, MS, Clinton
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
I just built one for my neighbor with LED's. Put them along the leading edge like Lee's instructions and it will look awesome.
bamabaxter is offline Find More Posts by bamabaxter
Old Jun 05, 2011, 10:32 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Quote:
anyone using the HD version?
Yes, I have a couple H.D. keycams. They work well. I don't have any video edited for posting yet, I have not had time. I have some on-board from the grim reaper, but it was a cloudy day, so the pic is not as good as it could be.

Pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Jun 06, 2011, 09:07 AM
"Still Crashing since 1960"
Pierre, SD, USA
Joined Dec 2001
1,112 Posts
lens source
http://cgi.ebay.com/0-67X-Wide-Angle...item4aaa7cbc68

nut
rcairnut is offline Find More Posts by rcairnut
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:31 AM
Joined Jul 2010
208 Posts
Rewind BP21

Any thoughts on how to rewind a smoked BP21 (2808-21) motor?

? winds ? wire

Thanks

H
CaribbeanBlue is offline Find More Posts by CaribbeanBlue
Old Jun 06, 2011, 12:13 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,057 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaribbeanBlue View Post
Any thoughts on how to rewind a smoked BP21 (2808-21) motor?

? winds ? wire

Thanks

H
I think they have 21 winds of 3 strands of the small wire. That is the first motor I ever rewound and it worked but it has been so long that I can't remember how I did it. I used a single strand of a larger gauge.

As you take the winds off the stators count them and see if there is a delta or Y connection between the stators.
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jun 08, 2011, 06:36 PM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:

I am working on 3 combat Assassins for my local club. I got the thought that I could build them for dual purposes. First and foremost would be combat, but if I included 9" led strips in each wing, then it would also give a few people into night flying. They would get 2-in-1 wings.

Any thoughts on how well the wiring connections (solder points) would hold up in combat? Any other considerations?

Lee:
Is what are your thoughts on a dual-role plane? If the wiring connections on the LEDS do not tend to hold up well in full combat (or subsequent crashing into the ground), then I will probably just build them as combat planes and not nightflyer/combat combos. What is your experience?
Rob
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Jun 08, 2011, 07:27 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Rob, I have the same question.

P
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Jun 08, 2011, 09:41 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,057 Posts
Quote:
Lee:
Is what are your thoughts on a dual-role plane? If the wiring connections on the LEDS do not tend to hold up well in full combat (or subsequent crashing into the ground), then I will probably just build them as combat planes and not nightflyer/combat combos. What is your experience?
Rob
I fly planes in combat that also have lights and almost all of my new planes are built with lights.

Many of the planes the club flyers are flying in combat also have LED lights. WE don't get sad when the sun goes down we are delighted and the soccer moms and all their kids go home. We have found more new flyers when night flying than when we fly in the day.

I found that installing the lights as shown on our website is so durable I have not had any problems and the lights are so easy to change that if I ever do I can change them out in a few minutes rather than having the lights so buried so deep they can't be repaired.

http://www.crashtesthobby.com/index....-installation-

Lee

Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Jun 08, 2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old Jun 08, 2011, 10:13 PM
I'd Rather Be Flying
Stockton CA
Joined Feb 2009
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBAKER View Post
Hi RCBS,

I noticed the laminate is not very smooth on your wing, looks fairly loose. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem but it can't be helping any. I had a fellow years ago complain about how poorly his trainer was flying, he had all the help he could get from everyone he flew with but until he followed my suggestion to remove the strapping tape that had lifted from the top of the wing nothing helped. The tape was acting as a spoiler, once removed he had a pretty nice flying trainer.

Set the control throws at the recommended throws, they should be a good starting point, and I have found that you donít need a lot of control movement on my Assassin or WidowMaker. Good Luck!

jb
Thanks Jim You right, the upper wing covering isnt very smooth and its been buggin me to strip it off and redo it. At first it didnt bug me cause I was planning on putting LEDs on it so I figured no one would notice it at night but if its my areodynamic problem, then its gotta go. Besides the LEDs will have a tougher time stickin to the uneven surface. I will be shortining the throws before my next flight too.
RCBlackSheep is offline Find More Posts by RCBlackSheep