HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2011, 03:59 PM
Combat: You're doing it wrong.
United States, UT, Layton
Joined Sep 2009
1,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoneski View Post
Lol I checked the paint section. Only masking tape and mounting tape. No one even new what i was talking about. On a positive note tho, this kit is beautiful, came well packed, I'm excited to get it going. Although my hobbyking order has been "processing" for almost a week :S .
I don't think you would find this in the paint section....it is certainly not designed for painting as the adhesive is too strong. Look near the duct tape.
Here is a link to it on homedepot.com: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

In office supply stores, look near their shipping materials section.
chewbaccah is offline Find More Posts by chewbaccah
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:19 PM
Heli Humbled Daily
Riverside, CA
Joined Jul 2006
2,973 Posts
A retired JAG in our local club gets it from the local commissary for ~$3 a roll.

I thank him every Veteran's day and every roll of tape for his faithful service to the US military.
Telemachus is offline Find More Posts by Telemachus
Old Mar 01, 2011, 04:30 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbaccah View Post
I don't think you would find this in the paint section....it is certainly not designed for painting as the adhesive is too strong. Look near the duct tape.
Here is a link to it on homedepot.com: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

In office supply stores, look near their shipping materials section.
I know- probably explains why I had such a hard time finding it at our local Home Depot-
But there it is on a shelf in the paint dept. with the painters tape, masking tape, strapping tape, packing tape and duct tape, all directly across from the epoxy, contact cement and gorilla glue...
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Mar 01, 2011, 06:30 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,068 Posts
My son Mike wants to get a plane in every state.

The first order from the last remaining states will get an automatic additional 20% off of one kit to help us reach this goal.
North Dakota,
West Virginia,
Delaware,
Rhode Island,
Maine.
:-D

Thanks

Lee and Mike
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Mar 01, 2011, 07:16 PM
United States, MS, Clinton
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Anyone have the weight or mass of the stock motor mount from the kit. I wanted to see how much weight I shaved off. Just to clarify, I am talking about the steel one shaped like an "L", not the aluminum round one that comes with the motor.
bamabaxter is offline Find More Posts by bamabaxter
Last edited by bamabaxter; Mar 01, 2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Mar 01, 2011, 08:19 PM
KK4NOP
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Aug 2005
3,346 Posts
My son and I got a total of 1 min of actual combat time before he was knocked out of the sky which bent his motor mount fairly well. While not a big deal usually I got a call from the school and needed to pick my daughter up early so we had to pack up and leave. Better luck on Thurs I guess.
Mike Freas is online now Find More Posts by Mike Freas
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Pan/Tilt servo mods
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:04 PM
Almost out of epoxy
Salt Lake City
Joined Sep 2007
606 Posts
It looks like HobbyKing.com is out of stock on the 28-12 motor and virtually every 1300 size lipo battery.

Can anyone recommend an alternative source for an Assassin motor? I have a spare Emax 2822 lying around. I'm afraid it requires too large of a prop.
Done Crashing is offline Find More Posts by Done Crashing
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:11 PM
BUZZ KILL
Utah
Joined Aug 2010
1,068 Posts
I have a few in stock. I'm not as cheap as HK but I speak English and answer emails.
Plane Insane RC is offline Find More Posts by Plane Insane RC
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:19 PM
JoelRSails
Houston, TX
Joined Jul 2004
108 Posts
Parts questions

A couple of quick questions as I pull together the neccessary parts...

1. Prop for the Turnigy 28-26 1650 motor. What prop are folks using with this motor, to deliver the "more power" described in the shopping list? (I see 7x4 suggested on the HK website)

2. Which DSM2 receiver. The HK website has a wide range of priced receivers...from $7.95 for Orange RX to $79.99 for a Spektrum 6-ch. Have folks had good luck with the el cheapos in this application...or is this one to spend money to get the brand name? (I am new to DSM2 radios...all previous experience is with FM).

Thanks!
JoelRSails is offline Find More Posts by JoelRSails
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:35 PM
Planes in flames,,,
Gravity Sucks
Joined Aug 2010
3,504 Posts
The 6 ch orange rx are great. I use 4 of 'em right now (the ones in the hard orange case) and would have more if HobbyKing could keep 'em in stock. I look for 'em every time I place an order. One of these has survived so many crashes even onto asphalt, I still use it in my combat plane
jetpackninja is offline Find More Posts by jetpackninja
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:36 PM
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
I am not sure I have seen any posts of people that are using the Tunigy 28-26. Is there a reason you don't want to go with the very dependable and re-windable cf28-12 ?

Plus Ryan.... the english speaking, email answering friendly supplier ships from Utah, not Hong Kong. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

He also has $20 4channel rx that are spektrum comaptable..... http://www.planeinsanerc.com/index.php?PageID=22
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Old Mar 01, 2011, 10:47 PM
swede
United States, UT, Vineyard
Joined Aug 2005
3,840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelspinner20 View Post
Plus Ryan.... the english speaking, email answering friendly supplier ships from Utah, not Hong Kong. (not that there is anything wrong with that)

He also has $20 4channel rx that are spektrum comaptable..... http://www.planeinsanerc.com/index.php?PageID=22
And I'll bet if you asked nice, he'll include a free Book of Mormon.
denial15 is offline Find More Posts by denial15
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:34 AM
Slow Flyer
Richmond, TX
Joined Apr 2008
3,236 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabaxter View Post
Anyone have the weight or mass of the stock motor mount from the kit. I wanted to see how much weight I shaved off. Just to clarify, I am talking about the steel one shaped like an "L", not the aluminum round one that comes with the motor.
Bama:
The steel motor mount weighs 1.2oz or 40 grams according to my hobby scale.
Rob
Bombay is offline Find More Posts by Bombay
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:41 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Crashing View Post
It looks like HobbyKing.com is out of stock on the 28-12 motor and virtually every 1300 size lipo battery.

Can anyone recommend an alternative source for an Assassin motor? I have a spare Emax 2822 lying around. I'm afraid it requires too large of a prop.
The HK motors are restocked frequently and so are the batteries. No matter what motor you use now it is good to get a few of the 2812s on hand. I will sometimes place and order entirely for the backordered stuff that isn't expected to arrive for a while and in all but one case where I had to cancel a single item I have always gotten what I ordered.
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Mar 02, 2011, 07:42 AM
United States, MS, Clinton
Joined Apr 2010
401 Posts
Thanks Bombay, just checked it and I got it down to 30 grams. I forget to check before I started drilling Not a lot lighter, but it may help with balancing the plane, which is what my goal was.
bamabaxter is offline Find More Posts by bamabaxter