Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 05, 2009, 09:20 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,010 Posts
BYO Dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
I'm packed/stoked!

Kyle: Do I need a chair, or do you have 2?

T
Kyle Paulson is offline Find More Posts by Kyle Paulson
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2009, 09:29 AM
Joined Nov 2004
2,010 Posts
Forcast

Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 67. Calm wind becoming north between 5 and 8 mph.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. North northeast wind around 7 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 67. Northeast wind between 7 and 13 mph.

LIKEINIT!!!

Underdogs... go team!
Old Nov 05, 2009, 10:30 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Paulson View Post
BYO Dude!

Too late....
Maybe FFF can spot me an extra one??

Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:19 AM
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2008
100 Posts
You shouldn't need a chair. If you need a chair, you're not flying enough. This isn't a slope race dude.

No worries, I'll bring a chair. You can use mine.
Slo_UAV is online now Find More Posts by Slo_UAV
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:31 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Hi, Thomas-

I figured on standing all day, but sitting for the after dark BS session that I know will be happening.
Thanks for the loaner!

See you SOON!

Target, leaving 2-nite!
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:41 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djklein21 View Post
Mike, Steve, and I are more than 90% packed and loaded. I just need to stop by Costco tomorrow for a few breaky groceries and we are good to go. GO Cal Valley
Right on Dave! I've got Friday Lunch covered for the three or four of us (assuming TK makes it by lunch!) and will have extra to share in case anyone is in need. Forecast looks great and grillin' and chillin' in the courtyard sounds perfect Fred!

I don't think anyone will be going in the pool this time! See you boys there.

S
stevecondon is offline Find More Posts by stevecondon
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:45 AM
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2008
100 Posts
Target-
I'll be at the field by 9 am tomorrow. If your game for earlier, that works too.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:59 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
I'm game for earlier. Maybe we should get our breakfast from Denny's TO GO!! OR, hit the drive through.

Mike and Dave are picking me up at 0400 so I think we should make the field by 9:00 or 9:30 if we don't stop for too long. I really need to fly...haven't been on the course since last Cal Valley in May
Old Nov 05, 2009, 12:34 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
Don't worry Alan. You'll have me to beat up on! I'm flyigng back from Norfolk tonight and will be there with the new Tanga.

Could someone post a link to the driving directions (yes, I'm lazy and my iPhone is slow here at the airport. )
Smurfmacaw is offline Find More Posts by Smurfmacaw
Old Nov 05, 2009, 12:43 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
12900 Soda Lake Rd, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.071583&z=14
djklein21 is online now Find More Posts by djklein21
Old Nov 05, 2009, 01:41 PM
Eggcellent...
United States, CA, Orange
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecondon View Post
I don't think anyone will be going in the pool this time!
Anyone that jumps in the pool this weekend is going to need a body cast. Pics from the CC guys last weekend shows it's drained. And, when it's full you have companions...last time I went in, there was a giant toad swimming at one end and a dead rat floating at the other.

Tom
tewatson is online now Find More Posts by tewatson
Old Nov 05, 2009, 02:54 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Woah, that's a pretty big toad to kill the rat!

T
Old Nov 05, 2009, 03:16 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson View Post
Anyone that jumps in the pool this weekend is going to need a body cast. Pics from the CC guys last weekend shows it's drained. And, when it's full you have companions...last time I went in, there was a giant toad swimming at one end and a dead rat floating at the other.

Tom
Hey Tom,

The last time I recall you going in the pool--back in May, Tom Copp and I were in there with you. What exactly are you trying to say?

I guess I'd ratehr be a toad than a dead rat.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 03:31 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Hey Tom,

The last time I recall you going in the pool--back in May, Tom Copp and I were in there with you. What exactly are you trying to say?

I guess I'd ratehr be a toad than a dead rat.
Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are

I'd rather have a Toad in my car than a dead rat too. Congrats on your Toad status Stevo.... Is Tom riding with anyone?

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Nov 05, 2009, 03:34 PM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Quote:
That was Saturday (or Friday?)...the second day I was alone with the wildlife.

Tom
Old Nov 05, 2009, 05:24 PM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,396 Posts
I'll take a risk and do the worst thing possible for a soaring competition; suggest that the weather is looking good for this weekend. The pressure is dropping and the weather models look good.

Either way, we're all going to have an insanely fun weekend!

See you all tomorrow,

Mike
yyz is offline Find More Posts by yyz
Old Nov 05, 2009, 09:55 PM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Nine hours until we hit the road! Hope to see everyone out there bright and early.

Tom
Old Nov 05, 2009, 11:57 PM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Quote:
12900 Soda Lake Rd, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...,0.071583&z=14
Anyone that follows these directions is in for a long-ass drive...this shows a location in Kansas.

Tom
Old Nov 06, 2009, 12:00 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
actually, it is just a link to google maps. Did you look up an address in Kansas lately?
Old Nov 06, 2009, 06:07 AM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Nope. We're not in Kansas anymore.

Tom
Old Nov 06, 2009, 07:27 AM
Nipomo, Ca.
Joined Mar 2007
1,136 Posts
Quote:
Hi, Thomas-

I figured on standing all day, but sitting for the after dark BS session that I know will be happening.
Thanks for the loaner!

See you SOON!

Target, leaving 2-nite!
The Hotel is chair rich ! But you might have to fight Steve for the Big comfy one.
fearfactorfred is offline Find More Posts by fearfactorfred
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini Zulu
Old Nov 08, 2009, 11:57 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Exhausted, will post a write up tomorrow

1st- Kyle Paulson (the practice and dedication is obvious)
2nd- Mike Smith
3rd- David Klein (Go Underdogs, and the whoop ass can is empty)

1st Sportsman- Fred Sena

File is attached as a Zipped folder
Last edited by djklein21; Nov 09, 2009 at 09:05 PM.
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:43 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
I had fun, thanks Dave.

It looks like either i'm missing something, or you posted the wrong file, sir....

Tired Target
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:49 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Quote:
I had fun, thanks Dave.

It looks like either i'm missing something, or you posted the wrong file, sir....

Tired Target
Sorry, all fixed
Old Nov 09, 2009, 02:21 AM
F3B and F3K
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2009
1,567 Posts
Hi Dave

thanks for the results, congrats to your distance and speed flights.

Did Kyle fly the 13.22s with the Tanga? Very cool!

Looking forward to your write up.

Reto
RetoF3X is offline Find More Posts by RetoF3X
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: more Tweagle testing
Old Nov 09, 2009, 05:33 AM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,189 Posts
Cal Valley...

While my dog is chasing away the coyotes (read 3:33 am)?
Quote:
Did Kyle fly the 13.22s with the Tanga? Very cool!
No, Kyle was flying a Freestyler 3..There were two Tangas present and boring holes into the sky for three days.

Being a newbie in f3b (read first time out) My three day trip to Cal Valley was
FUN!

My flying RC planes will forever be improved, my interest in F3B is huge, I have a new group of friends and still thinking about what I can improve on and waiting on the next event...

Big thanks to all. Huge Prompts go out to Fearfactor Fred and his daughter the meals were made to perfection and enjoyed by all!
Lack of food, was not a factor in CAl Valley!

Back to bed...Klaus, has chased the problems from the back yard....

Regards to all,
Alan
Terminator is online now Find More Posts by Terminator
Old Nov 09, 2009, 06:53 AM
F3B and F3K
Joined Mar 2009
1,567 Posts
Hi Alan

Thanks to your dog we got an early write up.

Sounds like a nice F3B competition and nice to hear that there is one more F3B enthusiast...
How does the field look like?

-Reto
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:12 AM
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2008
100 Posts
Reto,
I know a few people took picture of the field. It is a great place to fly B. Arguably one of the best sites in the US. As one of the locals, we have even better sites in the valley that we are working to secure. You should come to the next Cal Valley event! We would be happy to host you and show you a good time.

I don't think we could have asked for much more from the weather gods this weekend. Conditions were challenging but there was always lift to be had, but it wasn't always a free ticket to a 10 minute flight.

From my discussions with people, it was pretty clear that everyone was having a blast flying distance. The air on Saturday made from some great races and was duplicated on Sunday. In one Sunday round, KP launched at the horn and found good air upwind of the course and started to thermal. A combination of line disasters meant that Mike Smith and myself didn't get airborne until 2:30ish into working time. We each got one or two turns in the air and then had to enter. Kyle had position and energy on us. It ended up being a great race as the air then got a bit fickle and we managed to limit Kyle's damage to 27 to 24 to 24. Kyle got the 1000 but considering the potential bend over the barrel and take the ass whooping which was set to happen, I still felt good about the round.

I had to leave a bit early on Saturday so I was bummed to hear that I missed the 13.22.

As always, thanks to everyone for making it out to the event. And to all the noobs that showed up, had fun, flew great, and took all their airplanes home in one piece. Team Underwhelm.... I mean Underdogs also deserve an extra thanks for all the help that they provided everyone. Thanks guys!

Lastly, David Zucker needs the left wingtip off of trashed Ceres wing to replace the one which was severed in a distance mid-air with Tom Kiesling.

hmmm, now to convince she who must be obeyed that I really need to go fly again this coming weekend....

Thomas
Old Nov 09, 2009, 08:24 AM
Pismo Beach, California
Joined Oct 2005
147 Posts
I have a few good pics and some speed video I'll post after work today on you tube. I'll break down the video into separate groups. Excuse the quality. Not exactly high end video but thought it would be worth viewing.
Had a great time, barring the midair with Tom K.
The Fireside chat ( BBQside chat) with Tom K., David K., Steve C. and Mike S. was great Saturday night.

Off to work.

Z
davzucker is offline Find More Posts by davzucker
Old Nov 09, 2009, 09:32 AM
F3B and F3K
Joined Mar 2009
1,567 Posts
Hi Fred

Nice pictures. That field looks huge and the ground looks not that glider-unfriendly!

I would love to fly there once, let's see if I manage it one day.
But I heard that Andreas Kunz will visit you soon, he is the man for smoking speed flights.

-Reto
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2009, 09:48 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X View Post
Hi Fred

Nice pictures. That field looks huge and the ground looks not that glider-unfriendly!

I would love to fly there once, let's see if I manage it one day.
But I heard that Andreas Kunz will visit you soon, he is the man for smoking speed flights.

-Reto
Awesome, I'll have to email Andreas and see what he has been up too. Mike Smith and I both fly Targets and we put down some smoking seed runs, both flying 14.5 seconds in different rounds. but 14.5 is hardly worth mentioning when you see Kyle knock down a 13.2 second run in the same round.

It will be great to see Andreas,Christina, and Jonas again. I promised that I would come visit them this next summer in Germany. I really look forward to my first Eurotour event, and I finally feel that my F3B progress will keep me from being embarrassed when I fly with them
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:35 AM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetoF3X View Post
That field looks huge and the ground looks not that glider-unfriendly!
Reto,
It really is a nice field - we all wish for nice smooth sod, but here in California that is hard to find. Hope you can fly with us soon!

Tom
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:41 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
From a Newbies prospective, there is a huge amount of data to absorb.
I was really happy with three things:

1. Help was free-flowing.
2. All the experts were helpful, and remained cheerful and friendly when we, the newbies slowed them down.
3. The site is not mowed grass, but the ground is soft. I did something pretty dumb on my first day's duration flight, and landed into a small gully, but the plane was not more than VERY slightly damaged. It was my fault, but Cal Valley was gracious, and didn't make me "pay" for my mistake. A little tape was all that was needed.

I'll be back for sure, but I need to practice first.

Thanks for everything, and I really enjoyed meeting the guys I hadn't met before, everyone was great to hang out with!

R,
Target
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:42 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
PS.
I seem to be missing my Seiko, if you find one that says "Target" on the back, please PM me.

Thanks!
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:51 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Another AWESOME time in Cal Valley!

Hey guys--

I am still feeling pumped from the weekend and want to get out and do it again! This was another great group of guys coming out to play F3B and it was really fun to have a few first-timers get bit by the bug and do really well (Target ran a couple 17 second speed runs on his first day at it! And Alan kept getting better and better through the weekend as a guy that had barely ever launched off a winch. Outstanding.) and it also showed improvement from everybody else. Dave Klein kept talking smack about his can of whoop ass and damn if he didn't open it a few times! He let it all out with a sweet 14.5 run to close it out.

We were seriously blessed by the weather gods with three very different days of weather;it went from cold to cool to warm to hot and back to cool and cold all in the same day with lots of wind and on Sunday some perious of NO wind. All through it there was lift to be had so it really made things fun.

Kyle demonstrated what commitment and dedicated practice combined with great pilot skills can produce. He was so smooth flying speed and distance throughout the event. For me, my best flight of the weekend was doing some slope racing in the air against Kyle in distance where I got behind and then caught back up. Getting beat 30-28 still felt like an accomplishment mostly because it was so much fun to be bangin' turns in great air for 4 minutes. AND on Saturday, I got to go 27 laps against Klein and aw dang it, we had to refly it and get ANOTHER 27 laps. Too much fun.

Mike and Kyle are both pushing eachother to be the best and it was quite a battle to the end. Mike showed consistency all weekend. Thanks Mike for all the great coaching--I really felt a big improvement in my flying over the weekend. I learned a lot just watching Mike and Kyle.

The other really cool thing about this event was the FOOD and just hanging out with the guys at the same hotel. Fred and his daughter Lelani did an amazing job with the killer--and I mean KILLER--BBQ dinner spread complete with traditional Lumpia appetizers and about 5 amazingly cooked BBQ meats. On both days Lelani made awesome sandwiches for all of us so the lunch breaks were quick and delicious allowing us to get right back to flying.

All-in-all it was a super enjoyable weekend and I can't wait to do it again. Keep the pictures coming!

Steve
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:59 AM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2009
98 Posts
What a weekend! Probably the newest Newbie, or is it New "B".
First moldie (F3J) a couple months ago, First F3B plane about a month ago.
One "practice" and then first contest. Steep learning curve??
Thanks for all the help and magic during my flights. Had some great coaching by everyone. I think it was Kyle who said, "follow that hawk, we have time" prior to my best distance task. And Dave Zucker who encouraged me stick with a nice thermal after a dog low launch for my best duration.
Thanks all for a great time. But wait till next year. I will be back!! (and fast)

Mike Wilson
Mike Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Mike Wilson
Old Nov 09, 2009, 12:24 PM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Another great event in the books

Well, this was my fourth trip to Cal Valley and every time there is something to be learned and new accomplishments to reflect on. As always, the people are fantastic! We had a few new guys out and they all did great, even when working the course for the first time. Kudos also go to Ken (the lodge and land owner) for his hospitality. Using the restaurant for breakfast is the way to go...this should be standard procedure for all future events. Fred and his daughter put on some fantastic food and nobody goes hungry here! This and the after-hours social aspect are as much a part of the event as the flying.

Personally, this trip was all about working on turning mechanics for both speed and distance. After my last contest, I committed to working on smoothness and not over-controlling. Kyle, Dave and Mike's coaching was a big help here, as I got a new PB of 23 distance laps. Still more work to do, to build confidence in turning low with a heavy plane.

Two of the new F3B pilots - Alan (Terminator) and Chris (Target) - were acquaintances from some local TD flying here and I now consider them good friends. Don't let the "newbie" title fool you - these guys can fly! Alan and I shared a ride to the event, so we got to know each other a lot better...Alan, it's encouraging to see someone else as obsessive over planes and equipment as me! I need to get out to the slope with you guys soon.

Every one of these events sinks the F3B hook harder in me, and the skills learned benefit flying in other disciplines as well. Those of you on the fence about attending should give it a try!

Tom
Old Nov 09, 2009, 02:35 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,010 Posts
Like always Cal Val is my favorite event we have in the USA. In the middle of no-place, right next to nothing, just past zilch, with a bunch of trash talkin pilots that can’t keep their mouth shut! What could be better! What a great time!

Fred- you have a giving heart of gold dude! You glow when you serve us like you do…. Thank you Fred!

Thanks Mike and Dave for the breakfast it was great!

Thanks Mike and Tom for teaching me all your tricks. You guys are an open book. I absolutely could not have the result I did if you two did not lend the knowledge that you have to me and our small F3B community. The best way I know how to pay you back is to give that knowledge to others in our community like Fred, Target, Alan and anyone else who would want the help. Thanks dudes!

For those that did not make it…… we will see you next time. Wait till you see how pumped up Target is. I think that will motivate others to finally give it a try and then you too will have a hook in your mouth.

Thomas Akers thank you for supplying the line, the sighting devices and for being a significant part of our F3B community…. You rock dude and I look forward to practicing with you soon! Maybe next Sat?

To the Moon! Underdogs…… over and out!
Old Nov 09, 2009, 06:20 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
My turn....

Wow, that was quite a weekend!!!

First and foremost, thank you to Fred, and Lelani. You two really know how to spoil a bunch hard core glider guiders! The food was simply out of this world. Your touch on this even Fred, is what makes it a thouroughly enjoyable time from start to finish.

Special thanks to Thomas Akers for putting together his own set of sighting devices. So nice to be able to leave a couple of more things off the packing list from San Diego...

I really enjoyed having all the new talent out there to experience this thing called F3B. I witnessed a very, very new to RC glider pilot fly some of his very first distance laps, as well as some speed runs. So cool to get an idea of what F3B is like early. Great job Mike Wilson. I think that seed will grow because of this past weekends fertilizing. All of the new guys show real promise. Target, quite smooth man, nice flying. Terminator, I am very glad you came. You did very well too. Mike Murphy, you must have doubled your skills over the course of the weekend. You laid down your fastest ever time in speed, and stroked out a bunch of distance laps. Very nice flying. Mike Deleo, is coming along nicely. A couple more events with a few practices in between, and that Ceres will be tracking like its on rails. Fred, sorry dude, but you have officially moved to the Expert catagory. Pressure's on buddy. You flew very well.

From the top down: Kyle, you are truly showing that you are USA's top F3B pilot. With the time and determination you are showing, along with your abilities, you, my friend will have a very succesful F3B career. I am not kidding at all here guys. Kyle is the real deal. David "Whoopass" Klein finally got to serve up a little of that mysterious sauce. David brought all of his training together over the weekend to prove that he has what it takes. Nice flying Kleinster. Steve Condon, our elder, x-usa F3B team member threw down some nice runs in distance and speed with his Ceres. You can tell he'd done this before. Great flying Stevo. Tom Kiesling had a blistering run going, but darned if he didn't turn about 15 feet too soon. I think I heard him say "RATS" or something. Tom had the distinguised pleasure of prooving that Duration at Cal Valley in the morning is not a gimme. We just chose the wrong side of the field. But I am not worried, Tom, you have the skills brother. Nice flying, and always fun to hang out with you. Tom Watson has shown that stepping out of his comfort zone a little bit brings its own rewards. I think you got a PB this weekend in speed, and distance. Right? Great flying Tom. Thomas Akers has done this stuff before too, and he is showing just how fast it all comes back. He and I had a couple of challenging distance rounds. The most challenging of all was to not lose too many laps to Kyle who had at least a 150' altitiude advantage on us. And David Zucker made it out to play with us finally. Sorry about that wingtip there Zukes, but if rubbin' is racin' then man, you were racin'. I really hope you keep coming out with us. You'll be on my radar screen. That's for sure.

The weather was fantastic, the people were fun to hang out with, the food and booze was remarkable, and the flying was epic. Finally, a special thanks and shout out to Ken, the owner of the California Valley Lodge.

I wish all of you reading this could make it out to give B a try. Work? Yes. Fun? Heck yea. Skill building? Like no other soaring discipline.

Cheers all.

Mike "tired but happy" Smith
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:10 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,470 Posts
Excellent reports guys!!

Sorry I missed out on a good time.....

Looking forward to making the next one....

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
Old Nov 09, 2009, 11:23 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
You missed it Dude! Be sure to make the next one, come hell or high water...

Targ
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:08 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Hey guys,

Here's a quick summary of the results:

Such a great time! See you in March/April?!

S
Last edited by stevecondon; Nov 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Format
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:18 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Here's MY summary:

I'm pissed cause I can't sleep; I keep thinking about the launches. And the competitor in me keeps thinking how I should have done things a bit different!
I want to practice right now, is there a lighted ball field somewhere? Hmmm, I wonder.

T
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:24 AM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Here's MY summary:

I'm pissed cause I can't sleep; I keep thinking about the launches. And the competitor in me keeps thinking how I should have done things a bit different!
I want to practice right now, is there a lighted ball field somewhere? Hmmm, I wonder.

T
Now that's a guy bitten by the "B" bug! Careful of the light poles!

S
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:59 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys,

Here's a quick summary of the results:

Such a great time! See you in March/April?!

S
AWE points back is points back from the next finisher up.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:00 AM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
Sorry I missed you guys but had to work (so I can spend it on inventory )

Looks like a great weekend, I love the shot with Kyle throwing into the low dark clouds..I like flying in those conditions.

Congratulations to all and lets put 3-4 on the schedule next year.
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:56 AM
yyz
USA, CA, Paso Robles
Joined Dec 2004
2,396 Posts
Quote:
Here's MY summary:

T
Roger that, especially after seeing it (my stinking it up) summarized in Steve Condon's last post!

Time to go all Ben Hogan and start living at the "driving range",

M
yyz is offline Find More Posts by yyz
Last edited by yyz; Nov 10, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:25 PM
Pismo Beach, California
Joined Oct 2005
147 Posts
Sorry about the quality but still worth a look. One of these days I'll have to fork out for a decent video camera after I bring my Ceres back to shape of course.
Touched bases with Breaux about a new set of Ceres wings. $1250. Might take a little while to get it together or I could run into a deal somewhere along the way. I hope before the next Comp. March? April? May?
Good to see everyone and meet some new B guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xnuZ21YG88
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:39 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Awe, now that I have done some decompression here is my run down.

I am really proud of how this event turned out. It took a whole group of people to do it, but I believe it was a total success. This success was measured by smiles and post contest inspiration. The posts above show that both experienced and new pilots left with an inspiration to get out and practice. F3B in the US has been promoted, and growth is occurring. Yeah baby!

The excitement, activity, and commitment by the SLO group has really shown. Fred Sena threw down in more ways than one, and Bobby Flay was too scared to show up. His Santa Margarita style BBQ is not to be missed. The tri-tip he did on Friday night was nothing short of special, but the pork was unbelievable. I don’t think I needed a butter knife to cut it. It was tender and perfect. Fred’s oldest daughter, Lehlani traveled with him this weekend and was responsible for the lunches and dinner desert. She made some sandwiches that you would drive out of your way for. We took pictures of the spread, and I hope they get posted. The raves about these meals are not an exaggeration. Thank you very much Sena and Co. Now onto Fred’s flying. It is very evident that he has been practicing. Just take a peek at the scores. Fred took home a great bottle of wine for placing on top of the Sportsman pack. This wasn’t an uncontested feat, as he had some more experienced (in other disciplines) pilots to fight off. Great job dude, now you have to play with the big boys.

Fred’s teammate in the sportsman class (you guys need a name) was Mike Deleo. Mike has been out twice (my free recall sucks) but it is obvious they are practicing together. Mike was displaying some really good habits when he stepped up to the speed course. They knew what to do for sure. It was cool to see his Ceres Lift throw down some. Keep at it Mike, you are on the right track. With just a little more practice, and some small tweaks, you will be knocking down those speed times. Great job and great attitude.

The newest member of the SLO sportsman crew was a gentleman named Mike Wilson. Mike made it evident that I didn’t post any start times or suggested “get on the field” times as he seemed to roll in as the first round of duration was in the air. Next time we will have to convince you to stay at the motel. You missed some of the most fun stuff, all of the BSing around breakfast and dinner (see above. Anyway, Mike is really new to soaring, like a few months new. Basically, he got his driver’s license on the F-1 road race course. You did great man. I am glad we set the hook, because you have some great guys to practice with up there. The future of SLO soaring is looking strong.

The expert class of the SLO area was well represented by Dave Zucker and Thomas Akers. I was really happy Dave made it out to play. Dave just transferred his Ceres over to his 9303 and had not flown it before Saturday. I was so happy he could make it. He put in a lot of overtime leading right up to the event, so it took some real commitment to come out. Thanks Dave, I always enjoy your company. I know next time your Ceres will be dialed and smoking on course.

At the head of the SLO F3b movement is Thomas Akers. He has begun to knock the dust off his sticks and it shows. He did really well in distance, especially considering his competition. I am really glad you were able to come out. Everyone always has some excuse, but Thomas wouldn’t let any of them get in his way. Thomas had a wedding to attend on Saturday, and he was still there, he just had to bail a little early. Next time we will all be in trouble, as Thomas will not have a family event, and he will have Mike and Fred by his side to throw down. Great job Thomas and thank you for your commitment to F3B. Your local organization of pilots and supplies has and will make an impact on US F3B. Great wine too.

That moves us to the F3B newbies from the LA and OC areas. Chris “Target” Behm and Alan Liberatore made the trek out, and I am really glad some of Kyle and my arm twisting worked. It is really obvious that the high speed plane control from F3F really transfers to F3B Speed. Target was able to put the plane exactly where he wanted it. With a little more aggressive launch he will be right there. Alan did great too. He showed up with his new JR 12X transmitter and with some help from Thomas Akers got it up and running. Alan finished the whole weekend without a scratch on his pristine Aris, and some distance wins. They are both hooked. I think it is time to form an SCSR F3B team huh.

Mike Murphy was back at it from San Diego. Mike is the second newest glider pilot next to Wilson. I think he has been at it about a year and a half. His progression is obvious. He picked up the Tanga he was flying about 2 weeks before the event. What can I say, Smurfmacaw you kicked some tail. Your flying improves every time, and you last speed run was awesome. You got your new speed PB, an 18.83. Keep at it dude.
Speaking of speed P.B.s my teammate and buddy Tom Watson has really begun to show some improvement. I have seen Tom really improve as a duration pilot over the last 2-3 years, but it has just been recently that his F3B speed and distance performance has begun to improve. I knew it would as soon as he said he was driving all the way to Cal Valley from his home in OC to fly with Kyle for a day. I see some big steps in your near future. Forget about TD practice, it is F3B and F3F for you my friend. I see some 15 second runs in your future.
The San Diego TPG team came with the experience on their side. Mike smith and Thomas Kiesling were 2/3 of this year’s USA WC team. Tom showed some rust on Saturday, but it quickly wore off to hand me a 4th round distance thumping. It was no surprise that Mike Smith threw down some great flights the whole contest. I think he has been consistently the highest scoring F3B pilot in the US for the last half decade and he earned his second place with no big mistakes. I was really stoked to run the numbers and see we were only 2 tenths of a second different in our speed average. I’ll find at least 1 second to shave off that average, so there is my challenge buddy. Steve Condon, as past US team member was again excited to come and play. He flew extremely well considering he hasn’t touched any mono since the last Cal Valley contest in May. He will be a local practice buddy for sure. His hook has been reset, as he has a new Ober winch on order.
Finally, I come to my “Team Underdogs” teammate Kyle Paulson. Kyle has been the most dedicated pilot in the US for the last 7 years and it shows. He puts the work in, until he is a world class pilot. He did it with DS, he did it with F3F, and now he is on to the F-1 of the soaring disciplines, F3B. Kyle only had one major ding, a round 1 duration hit. He came back all contest long, winning every heat/round he flew in until round 4 speed. He took it easy on us since he had the thing all sewn up. Great flying dude. You know where every turn is within an inch, and it shows. That 13.22 second speed run was inspiring. Great Job dude and god underdogs

So guys, I know what I need to practice, do you? Get together with your local pilots and put the time in. we will do something in late January. Maybe a speed contest at Poway.
Last edited by djklein21; Nov 10, 2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,189 Posts
Great Video!

Alpha Off course....Alpha on course...Alpha...Alpha...Alpha...Alpha!

Thanks Zucker! Just the fix I needed....
Time for my Power Nap...Alpha!

Alan..
Waiting for the next "B" event...
Last edited by Terminator; Nov 11, 2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:08 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,154 Posts
Thanks everyone for a fun weekend. It was good to see everyone getting into it and having a good time. By the end of the contest I felt we had a lot of the kinks worked out. Hopefully next time we will be able to get in 3 rounds each day. Optimistic, but a good goal!

Kyle is definitely being rewarded for his practice. He is inspirational and is giving everyone a good target to shoot for.

I was glad to see everyone flying well. Dave's getting back on his game. Mike Smith showing again and again the importance of consistency. Steve is a great competitor and I look forward to flying with him more. Thomas is a great competitor and I look forward to flying a full contest with him next time. Fred is doing great! I was really happy to see him flying so well. With a little more practice he will be quite the threat. Mike Murphy keeps getting better and better. Keep at it Murph, before you know it you will be doing sub 20 second runs all day long. Glad to see Tom Watson gelling with his Freestyler. Keep working on your mechanics and you'll be going super fast before you know it.

I was really glad to see all the new guys willing to give it a go. Target, Alan, Dave, and William all did great and will do even better next time now they know how to play the game.

Personally, I was regretting not getting out there for practice on Friday. It really hurt me on my second speed run. Practicing every other month doesn't cut it for remembering where base B is.

Looking forward to next time!
Tom
Kiesling is online now Find More Posts by Kiesling
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:13 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davzucker View Post
Touched bases with Breaux about a new set of Ceres wings. $1250. Might take a little while to get it together or I could run into a deal somewhere along the way. I hope before the next Comp. March? April? May?
Good to see everyone and meet some new B guys.
Dave,

Sorry about the mid air.

You should try and find a Ceres wing you can borrow to pull a tip mold off of. You can make a Hydro Cal or Hydro Stone mold pretty easily and graft a new tip onto your damaged wing. I've done this before and it works very well. Three or four evenings and you'll be up and flying again. Certainly a lot cheaper then a new set of wings. . .

Tom
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:30 PM
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2008
100 Posts
I'll make sure that Zucker gets his airplane back in the air. No excuses!

Thomas
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:17 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Nice, I'll call and see if it a right or left wing. I know at least 2 people with a Ceres wing carcass in the garage.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
BTW, who took the pictures of the food?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 05:38 PM
San Luis Obispo, CA
Joined Dec 2008
100 Posts
I'm 99% sure it is a left wing.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 05:47 PM
Pismo Beach, California
Joined Oct 2005
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post
Dave,

Sorry about the mid air.

You should try and find a Ceres wing you can borrow to pull a tip mold off of. You can make a Hydro Cal or Hydro Stone mold pretty easily and graft a new tip onto your damaged wing. I've done this before and it works very well. Three or four evenings and you'll be up and flying again. Certainly a lot cheaper then a new set of wings. . .

Tom
Me too Tom. Nobody's fault. It was an honor to be cutting up the same air.

I suck at composite repairs, at least decent ones. I like my gliders to fly fast and look good doing it.
Maybe Thomas will roll up his sleeves and show me the way. I still would like to have something besides a beater Ceres for B.

Z
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:03 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
I'll see if the red Ceres wing I am thinking of is a left wing. That could be a really clean repair.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:52 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling View Post

Tom
Man Tom, that sounds like a bit of work to make a mold...could you also graft the in-tact tip off an otherwise trashed Ceres wing that Dave is trying to locate? If someone is willing to give you their tip, it would probably be a pretty quick fix. I think Gordon Jennings did that once with one of his planes.

S
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:34 PM
San Diego
Joined Aug 2004
2,154 Posts
It is just a little mold for the tip. Not that hard to make. Of course grafting on a new tip would be easier providing one is available . . .
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:07 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
These are all pretty cool shots Target--thanks for sharing. I like the shot of Dave a lot because he was workin' so hard--he deserved that beer!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:55 PM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
Wow,

crazy good time! The flying was a lot of fun but the best part is the camaraderie and making new friends. In spite of having a rough time flying on Saturday I still had the most fun this year period. Sunday was icing on the cake when everything seemed to click and I finally broke 20 seconds in speed.

Nothing like have a slope dude calling duration for you and putting me right in the middle of a boomer while everyone else was scratching....you are the man Target!

Overall the best fun I've had lately and can't wait to do it some more.

Anyone got a link to a leading edge repair clinic for new guys or someone that is an expert repairman willing to take on the two dinks i managed to acquire? Taking the new off the plane made it where I could just fly it like i stole it.

Next time I'm moving up in the standings....can't wait to practice tomorrow.

Mike
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:33 AM
San Diego
Joined Jan 2008
457 Posts
Part 2

Now for the best part....

all of you guys that are intimidated by the equipment, planes and reputation of F3B guys being total twerps that put on their game faces and look down on lesser pilots...........nothing could be further from the truth. I've been treated graciously by the F3B fanatics from the first day I walked out on the Poway field sporting my new EZ glider. Dave Klein, aka Mr. Competitive, introduced himself and helped me get going. Ever since I've had help from pilots that are absolutely stellar.....who can complain from having Mike Smith giving me advice on thermalling (and every other aspect of rc soaring....), Kyle Paulson cheering me on in my first ever F3F race, Tom Keisling not only providing planes but advice and a dry sense of humor and the list goes on and on. I like the thermal duration guys but the F3B family is second to none.

The guys that are similarly afflicted with this obsession at my level are equally fun, encouraging and competitive. For me the competition is the best part....not always the man on man part but competing against myself.......I set a goal of beating a 20 second speed run and with much help and encouragement I pulled it off. Next time I want to average below 20 seconds.

If you haven't flown distance....Nothing and I repeat nothing is as much fun! Overall F3B has to be experienced to be believed.

My biggest suggestion would be to bring more flyers into the fold.....maybe instead of only having only a sportsman class (which I am working to get kicked out of) would be to have a class for pilots without specialized F3B planes.....I don't know, personally I wouldn't want to compete against a Freestyler or Tanga with a Perfect but if I could fly against other TD pilots and planes that would be less intimidating (of course no one has ever accused me of not sucking it up for a new toy). It would be nice to be able to try the events without being totally buried because of equipment. (maybe having a class that launches off a TD winch instead of mono....)

Oh well, sorry about the length of this post but rest assured for all those lurking, the F3B guys are actually more friendly than the average glider club folks.

Mike
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:21 AM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Seems like we had enough winches, to me...so no problem there.

I think we just need to work on getting this round of newbies "up to speed" on the do's and dont's of running the gear, to avoid costly line breaks.

I wonder if I would have placed better by using my Xplorer fully ballasted over the F3F Ceres, just because for me, I had the worst outcome with Duration, and flight speed was never a factor in distance....

Guess I better get better at reading my own air, and work on my Ceres's thermal setup, eh?

Glad to be of help for the duration tasks, Murph!

T
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:10 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Hey Murphy,

This is a good idea. We need to try and not stray too far away from F3B stuff, since adding classes adds organizational challenges, and we are already maxed on manpower.

I think it might be fantastic to do a nothing but distance event next time. This will remove most of the disadvantage with flying a F3J style plane, and encourage more pilots to come join us. We had a lot of success a few years ago in Fresno doing this. We can keep all of our B winches and mono on field, and leave it open to those that wish to fly off braided line on their own winches.

It would be a lot of fun, while still offering a great event for both novice and advanced pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfmacaw View Post

My biggest suggestion would be to bring more flyers into the fold.....maybe instead of only having only a sportsman class (which I am working to get kicked out of) would be to have a class for pilots without specialized F3B planes.....I don't know, personally I wouldn't want to compete against a Freestyler or Tanga with a Perfect but if I could fly against other TD pilots and planes that would be less intimidating (of course no one has ever accused me of not sucking it up for a new toy). It would be nice to be able to try the events without being totally buried because of equipment. (maybe having a class that launches off a TD winch instead of mono....)

Mike
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:11 AM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
BTW, I am still looking for pictures of the food from this past weekend.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:07 PM
Eggcellent...
Joined Oct 2006
2,428 Posts
Quote:
I think it might be fantastic to do a nothing but distance event next time. This will remove most of the disadvantage with flying a F3J style plane, and encourage more pilots to come join us. We had a lot of success a few years ago in Fresno doing this. We can keep all of our B winches and mono on field, and leave it open to those that wish to fly off braided line on their own winches.
I think this is a great idea, and we can still fly a round of speed at the end of each day for those that wish to. Would give the new guys a chance to see what it's all about as well, without requiring them to fly it for score.

Tom
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewatson View Post
I think this is a great idea, and we can still fly a round of speed at the end of each day for those that wish to. Would give the new guys a chance to see what it's all about as well, without requiring them to fly it for score.

Tom
I am totally game for this idea....

Mike
Old Nov 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
ok, lets set a date and a field. It is distance event, so we will want a big field. Should we go all the way to Cal valley, considering we are trying to recruit new guys?

A good date would be the end of January. We wont be competing with any big contests, other than the Southwest Classic which is February 20th-21st.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yorba Linda, Ca.
Joined Oct 2003
2,189 Posts
I am Game!

I would love another trip to Cal Valley...
I vote for the full menu, all three tasks...you kidding me..

Alpha on Course...

Alan
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:08 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
I like this idea BUT what about doing a two day clinic-type of event where Saturday is 'NOTHING BUT DISTANCE' and Sunday is "NOTHING BUT SPEED."

I think we should check out that site in Temecula to see if it is worthy. There is a small hotel nearby. What do you think?!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:22 PM
Riverside, California, United States
Joined Feb 2004
1,470 Posts
Quote:
I like this idea BUT what about doing a two day clinic-type of event where Saturday is 'NOTHING BUT DISTANCE' and Sunday is "NOTHING BUT SPEED."

I think we should check out that site in Temecula to see if it is worthy. There is a small hotel nearby. What do you think?!
I am just north of Temecula and could easily be persuaded.....

Has anyone checked this place out?

Where exactly is it....I could do a little discovery if necessary....

B
Brandon is offline Find More Posts by Brandon
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:31 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
Foooo Shoooo, lets dooo eeeet.

But I think the cart is a bit ahead of the horse, considering that we don't have a field secured in Temecula yet, and the ones we are looking at we will have to pay for.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 04:14 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I am just north of Temecula and could easily be persuaded.....

Has anyone checked this place out?

Where exactly is it....I could do a little discovery if necessary....

B
Mario had originally suggested it because another guy we fly a lot of scale with used to own the land. It is private property and is an equestrian facility--a racetrack with a massive infield that can be used as a flying site. Only hitch is it co$ts to fly there if we use it. There is also the insurance issue which is being worked on, but it is all pre-mature. Things are in the works behind the scenes but I am not sure where it stands as of now.

There was also some talk about the nearby sod farm. Its worthiness would depend on a lot of factors but the most important is what type of irrigation they use. "Wheel lines" than can be rolled out of the way are ideal. "Hard lines" are airplane killers and render the field unusable for our purposes.

Dave/Mike--I'll call Mario to get more info and see about making a trip out there to check it out. You in?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 04:20 PM
Challenge is rewarding
San Diego, CA
Joined Aug 2004
5,525 Posts
IN,

did you have to ask, really?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 04:36 PM
R/C Soaring "Lifer."
Oceanside, CA
Joined Mar 2006
141 Posts
Quote:
IN,

did you have to ask, really?
Sorry. My bad. Duh, of course you're in! And Mike is too.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2004
2,010 Posts
Way in!

Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Underdogs! To the moon!
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:52 PM
Nipomo, Ca.
Joined Mar 2007
1,136 Posts
Thanks for all the kudos guy's I had a great time as usual. Congrats to all the winners and a special thanks to David and Mike S. for putting in the time to make this happen. It was nice to see everyone work as a team. Everyone pitched in and things ran smoothly.

It was exactly 2 years ago today that I was introduced to the great world of F3B. I attended the All Distance Event that Tom Copp organized and was held in Fresno. I remember being very nervous and feeling like I was in way over my head on this one. I had very little winch experience and had never launched on mono before. Thanks to Paul Sherman, my Perfect SL and I survived the 2 days. From then on I had the B Bug.

Since then I've helped host(cook) 4 events out in Cal Valley and was invited to help the USA Team at the Worlds in Czech this year. I've had the chance to meet some really cool people with some really great flying skills and they have all shared their skills with me. I don't always understand what they are saying and sometimes get frustrated with myself. But I just keep after it and eventually some of it starts to make sense.

I feel very lucky to be a B guy and live in California where we have some B talent and interest. I will always and forever be a B guy. Why ? Because it's FUN !!!! It's not just the awesome flying it's also everything that goes into it. You have to put some thought into a lot of other areas to help you be a better pilot. Oh yeah and B planes are oh so sexy ! Oooh Baby !

Thanks again to everyone that came out to play ! I hope to see you all at the next one soon. I've already started planning the meals. =)

B good,
Fred
fearfactorfred is offline Find More Posts by fearfactorfred
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by fearfactorfred; Nov 12, 2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old Dec 24, 2009, 04:50 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,908 Posts
May your Holiday B Merry, and the New Year bring high launches, fast speed runs, many many distance laps, and some relaxing, no-brainer duration flights.

Happy Holidays everyone.

Cheers,

Mike
Old Dec 24, 2009, 05:26 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
21,423 Posts
Same to you and yours, Mike!
And to all my new "B buddies".
Happy New Year too, when it arrives.

R,
Target
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:46 PM
Pismo Beach, California
Joined Oct 2005
147 Posts
Hey DK,

Just flew my Ceres after grafting on the wingtip you gave me. I owe you a couple brewskis for your generosity. The repair didn't turn out perfect. Lining up the hinge line was ok and line up fore and aft was good but somehow it dropped a little at the joint leaving about a degree of dihedral. Knew i shouldn't have used the 5 minute epoxy.
Second launch had aileron flutter and the servo popped loose. Chaulked that up to the servo being loosened in the midair with Tom (Sorry about that Tom. It felt good tearing up the distance course with you before that.)
Repaired the servo and went out again. Minor flutter on launch. not sure if it's an aero problem due to my less than perfect repair or my servo gears and linkage getting tired. I'll try some drivetrain maintenance and see if it helps.
Once again Dave thanks for your help.

See you guys soon,

Z