Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 17, 2009, 02:24 AM
NorthAustin
Austin, TX
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
Discussion
Brushless Esky Big lama

Hello, I was looking for the right brushless conversion kit for my big lama. After a few month I found a complete brushless conversion kit from AOE and it comes with 2 370 outrunner brushless motors, 2 20A brushless ESC's, 2 Brushless converters and all wires connect right up. They also have 180 size brushless conversion kits. The website I got the form is www.elemodel.com

Has any one heard of AOE?
northaustin is offline Find More Posts by northaustin
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2009, 02:26 AM
NorthAustin
Austin, TX
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
I tried to put pictures up, but did know how to.
Old May 17, 2009, 05:17 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
8,808 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northaustin
Hello, I was looking for the right brushless conversion kit for my big lama. After a few month I found a complete brushless conversion kit from AOE and it comes with 2 370 outrunner brushless motors, 2 20A brushless ESC's, 2 Brushless converters and all wires connect right up. They also have 180 size brushless conversion kits. The website I got the form is www.elemodel.com

AOE is a member of this forum, maybe you get a personal answer ... as far as the brushless kits are concerned, there are tons of thread about the set for the 180 motors - and thanks to this forum I found out you can get a complete 370kit (looks like AOE) here

In Addition you need either a converter (you can get one that a friend of mine used on ebay for 25$ (not the one my friend used but the same type) or you get an external gyro and mixer and go for a (IMHO much more complicated) BLBL solution

Regards,
Sven
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014
Old May 17, 2009, 09:59 PM
Joined Apr 2009
745 Posts
I have used the converter also very nice a couple of turnigy 4500kv motors and a couple of esc's or there is a guy on rchelitalk goes by RTF that is offering a brushless kit with better landing gear and better blades all the gears and everything is in place ready for plug and play plus there is a video.
Flight time is offline Find More Posts by Flight time
Old May 18, 2009, 11:58 PM
Broken Arrow, OK USA
Joined Feb 2008
49 Posts
Quote:

What is the part number for the kit?
airfox777 is offline Find More Posts by airfox777
Old Jun 22, 2009, 05:58 AM
IRELAND
Joined Jun 2009
2,433 Posts
Hello- xtreme parts are coming out this year for the big lama, xtreme motors, xtreme blades, and more.
THANKS-
rolex0071 is offline Find More Posts by rolex0071
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:59 PM
NorthAustin
Austin, TX
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex0071
Hello- xtreme parts are coming out this year for the big lama, xtreme motors, xtreme blades, and more.
THANKS-
It is driving me crazy that miracle mart has not posted the xtreme part yet for the BOL. I hate blade strike. I am getting used to flying in the wind so I should really have it down with the extended shaft.
Does any body know why the upgrades were released on the 11th and still nothing?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:27 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,808 Posts
Quote:
It is driving me crazy that miracle mart has not posted the xtreme part yet for the BOL. I hate blade strike. I am getting used to flying in the wind so I should really have it down with the extended shaft.
Does any body know why the upgrades were released on the 11th and still nothing?
I wrote that before and I will write it again ... most of the blade strikes are not actually from the blades, but from the flybar which is just waay tooo loong !!
As soon as you shorten your flybar, you will see the bladestrikes disappear ...
2cm on each side will not change the behavior of the Lama - maybe even short it by 2.5 or 3cm (I don't have my spare flybars yet - but when I have them, I WILL do that!)
next way to diminish blade strikes further is taking harder blades ... the hardest ones I found up to now are the ones for the Walkera HM 400 Lama.
And all the metal parts that Xtreme is going to release (who knows when?) ...

... take a second and third look and you will see that they may be better than stock, but they still leave a lot of room for improvements. They still use the same puny bearings like they are in the stock lama, just have a way longer rotorhead that will increase the forces that work on the bearing and the shafts. I had really bad experiences with their lower rotorhead for the L4, so I am kind of weary concerning this one. Oh, and the flybar - basically still stock with that blue aluminum thing to connect flybar and bladegrip.
The one thing that looks really promising are the blade grips. All the other stuff I already have (and I think I have the better ones ... upper rotorhead with an integrated flybar with exchangable, adjustable weights, a bearing housing with a "real" bearing in it, not that little 3x6x2.5 and a "cool" lower rotor head)
I am just waiting for the prices, but considering that I have the upper rotorhead I do have (which is the only aftermarket one I know that has the type of flybar it has) the 30$ it costs is a really good deal - so I am convinced.
HERE is a picture of my Aluparts (if you haven't seen them yet, northaustin)

Regards,
Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:22 PM
NorthAustin
Austin, TX
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
Where do I buy?

Thanks for the advice, and were do you buy the upgraded fly bar and extended shaft at. Looks very well built.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:59 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,808 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, and were do you buy the upgraded fly bar and extended shaft at. Looks very well built.
You can not buy the flybar by itself northaustin, it is integrated in the upper rotor head (this minimizes movement of the flybar to the side allows the flybar to only move up and down ... like it should )
It is from a still not too well known German company called Skytec. They have only 2 vendors in Germany up to now who sell the parts.

If you want to take a look at all the different parts they offer, HERE is a link to one of the 2 vendors

regards,
Sven
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:43 PM
NorthAustin
Austin, TX
Joined May 2009
6 Posts
?

Well I wish I understood what everything says so can order the parts.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 09:54 PM
Joined Mar 2009
8,808 Posts
Quote:
Well I wish I understood what everything says so can order the parts.
U got mail ... uh PM ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2009, 02:47 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1 Posts
Great information, but I'm a very green rookie needing details for the order. Would you be so kind to provide the parts list and any other specifics so I can do just what you did? I don't want to spend unnecessarily since I'm just starting to with the Big Lama and experiencing power shut down.

Is there a how to schematic or video available to accomplish what you did? I think I understand you purchased a dual brushless system correct?

Thanks Much!
DrHardshell is offline Find More Posts by DrHardshell
Old Nov 12, 2009, 02:03 AM
Precise and powerful
P.R.China
Joined Aug 2008
440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by northaustin View Post

This is the link for 370BC combo from AEO.com
http://www.aeorc.com/english/?product-211.html
AEORC is offline Find More Posts by AEORC
Old Nov 12, 2009, 03:06 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,769 Posts
sorry for hijacking, but AEORC, have you guys looked at the Lama 400 yet? I've got mine going now with your converters. I'd bee keen to know if you guys have sussed out the pinouts from the RX yet, looks like it's BEC power 5V in on the two lower black pins to power the RX then the white is the 12V reference and the two red wires are possibly the PWM signals out of the RX to the original brushed controller. If this is the case then the original brushed controller can be removed and a nifty 5 pin connector straight to the RX implemented to run your 370 kit. Just thought I'd share. Would like to see you guys come out with a 3500KV 2.3mm shaft 25A kit for the 400/400D.

If there is anything you would like me to check for you let me know, more than happy to share

Cheers.... Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6