HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 16, 2009, 05:39 AM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
Discussion
Skymaster Viperjet EDF Prototyp maiden

Hi again from Germany ,

after weeks of building and painting finally yesterday i maidened the Viperjet.
The Video is a bit short, but she is flying and i brought it back in one piece.
Now there must be done some changes but for the first flight i thing it was ok.
Here is the link:
Erstflug Viperjet (4 min 2 sec)

Regards
Reinhard
Liebrein is offline Find More Posts by Liebrein
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2009, 07:45 AM
UK
Joined Oct 2007
632 Posts
Have you got any build pictures, Very nice iv always wanted one of these when will they be available ?
EDF Crazy is offline Find More Posts by EDF Crazy
Old May 16, 2009, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
I have been wondering what happened to the skymaster viperjet edf??? They had info on their site a long time ago about the edf and turbine prototypes. I would love to get one of these. Any info on their intended release??? What will be their finished size? Smaller than the turbine model or......??
A nice clear canopy and full cockpit along with flaps will be really nice. It is such a cool looking jet. I just hope it is not too expensive. But skymaster makes beautiful and very affordable jets so I think it will be just fine!
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old May 17, 2009, 01:02 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,368 Posts
Als Hobbies is our supplier in the UK for Skymaster. I'm hoping they'll be able to tell me when this will be available for us Brits!
DominicM is offline Find More Posts by DominicM
Old May 17, 2009, 01:20 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
Hi,

@EDF Crazy, yes, i made a few pictures of the building process and sorry, i really donīt know when it be available.

@lavochkin, the Viperjet did have full working flaps and the size is, length 1,60m, span 1,74 with winglets. I donīt know how much the Kit will cost and with wich accesoires it will be available.

@dichit, i think Al would be one of the first who gets one

Regards
Reinhard
Old May 17, 2009, 01:26 PM
Team EJF >>>WHOOSH>>>
Joined Jul 2004
5,222 Posts
VERY Nice Viper Jet!
It's always been one of my favorite GA jets...
AceMigKiller is online now Find More Posts by AceMigKiller
Old May 18, 2009, 12:50 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
I hope it is within the next 6 months it comes out. I have my eyes on a few jets these days from them!!
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Jul 04, 2009, 07:09 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
Hello again,

some new updates from the Viperjet project.
On the second flight the Motor broke and killed the ESC too, so i must make an emergency belly landing. After organice the new items i took two sucessfull flights at our local field without problems, but no Video was taken. :-(( The CG is on the right place now and the collapsed ducting is reinforced and works now.
Unfortunately on the 4. flight at our local field the grass was to wet and i damaged the nose and the retract bay at the start as i didnīt lift off and drive in a field.
Now, two weeks later, after repairing and repainting, i drove to a Model Air Show from a neighbourhood club to try it again. The first time for the Viperjet from a Tarmac runway and more people. I made two flights and the last one was filmed from my Girlfriend. Here is the link:
Skymaster Viperjet, Flugtag Arnstorf 04.07.2009 (5 min 14 sec)

Tomorrow i go there once again and hope i bring it back in one peace, because in two weeks is the Jetmeeting in Salzburg, Austria.

Best Regards
Reinhard
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:04 AM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,368 Posts
I hear that this is to be released soon. Any more info on options and pricing? It's not on the Skymaster web site yet.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 08:34 AM
EDF Nut
Cincinnati
Joined Jan 2006
2,106 Posts
Bravo Liebrein,
Nicely done!
What is the current and watts you notice with this power set up?

Carl
carl rich is offline Find More Posts by carl rich
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:14 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
thankīs Carl,
sorry for the late reply.
The current is about 110 A and 5 Kw but the inlets are to small for the TF4000 so i have less thrust than in my F 16 where i use the same setup.
Hey Dominic, Anton told me not long ago that the new Viperjet mold is nearly ready and i will get this one in a few weeks.

Regards
Reinhard
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:21 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebrein View Post
...the inlets are to small for the TF4000 so i have less thrust than in my F 16 where i use the same setup.
Ain't that always gonna be the problem with some of these turbine airframes. F16 always going to work with its big intake. Tough to find something else that will work. Is Mr Skymaster going to enlarge the inlets? Thanks for the update and good luck with the new version.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:32 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
i hope he will enlarge the intakes like i told him at Jetpower.
The intake of the F 16 is also to small, i changed from full ducting to half ducting and got
1,5 kg more thrust. The other thing is the outlet diameter, F16 105mm, Viperjet only 100mm.
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:36 PM
DominicM
Fleet, Hampshire, UK.
Joined May 2003
2,368 Posts
Interesting to hear that. I'm looking at the Fly Eagle F-16 for the DS94HST and it stacks up at the mo. Intakes more than adequate and the outlet diameter 120mm, and the fan only needs 110mm. You started on that Grippen yet?
Old Oct 30, 2009, 05:39 PM
Weidenbach, Bavaria
Joined May 2007
431 Posts
until now, nothing done, no time :-((