HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 14, 2009, 10:18 PM
Indiana
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Discussion
Repair, Repair, and Repair

Hey fellows,Does anyone know where I can buy a video that shows how to repair rc plane structure. I have a few planes "hanger 9 mustang pts mk" setting around from a crash (fuselage broke in half)., and I would like to repair them. Thanks
takeoff1 is offline Find More Posts by takeoff1
Last edited by takeoff1; May 15, 2009 at 10:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2009, 01:03 AM
rwp
rwp
Joined Nov 2003
503 Posts
Post some pictures of the damage here and you'll probably get several ideas on how to repair it.
rwp is offline Find More Posts by rwp
Old May 15, 2009, 08:32 PM
Sudden Crosswind on Final
Loveland, CO
Joined Jun 2008
188 Posts
Unless it's a kit where you have full size drawings of each piece, the easiest way is to start by carefully peeling back the covering. You basically want to unbuild it and get to the main structure pieces. Once you get the broken pieces out, fit them back together as tight as possible and trace them out onto a piece of paper. Use this as a pattern to make the new pieces. When cutting notches into the new pieces, file or sand a little at a time then fit together until you get the right fit. Once you get the structure back together and it's squared up, recover and get her in the air.

Good Luck,
Mike
skippyspad is offline Find More Posts by skippyspad