HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2012, 09:12 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
This looks like a great model for my first excursion into 3D flying. I have a warbird, glider, and PkZone Stryker, but this will be my first 3D plane.

I'm thinking about this plane with the following electronics, does it look OK? I'll be flying this with a OrangeRX and a DX6i. I'm hoping to keep this first build under $120.
I have one <for sale> that is a Eflite Park 400 and I use Rhino 3S750 bats. The secret to keeping this plane happy is KEEP IT LIGHT. It is a 3D and knife edge sweet heart. Heavy motor and lipos are hard on this chassis.

If you are doing your first Fly Low 3D, this may not be your best first plane.
http://www.3dhobbyshop.com EPP Extra or Edge
http://www.wmparkflyers.com/ EPP MX2 or Yak

I always recommend a bouncetastic EPP for a 3D trainer.
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1 Posts
waste of money

Don't bother to purchase this plane! your wasting your money if you do. It breaks apart every time you touch it. It will not withstand even a soft landing! The fuselage compartment is so narrow that even a 10 year old child can not fit their fingers inside.
The motor mount firewall pulls apart from the foam, the servo install for the elevator and rudder are lacking any support so when you try to install the servos, the foam just falls apart! Poor design and just a piece of junk plane!

Very frustrating to build and worthless to fly. I must say that after 10 years of RC flying and over a dozen planes, this one is the worst ever! This plane is not 3D it should be called 1FTD (one for the dump) :~((
langsethnw is offline Find More Posts by langsethnw
Old Feb 07, 2012, 07:15 PM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by langsethnw View Post
Don't bother to purchase this plane! your wasting your money if you do. It breaks apart every time you touch it. It will not withstand even a soft landing! The fuselage compartment is so narrow that even a 10 year old child can not fit their fingers inside.
The motor mount firewall pulls apart from the foam, the servo install for the elevator and rudder are lacking any support so when you try to install the servos, the foam just falls apart! Poor design and just a piece of junk plane!

Very frustrating to build and worthless to fly. I must say that after 10 years of RC flying and over a dozen planes, this one is the worst ever! This plane is not 3D it should be called 1FTD (one for the dump) :~((
Wow your first post and u bash this plane. Ooook. Let me just say it is fragile but mine lasted 100's of flights and taught me alot. I just recently stripped it and tossed it. Could have still flown it really.

Crazy hover, knife edge and rolling harriers plane. I couldn't touch what this plane could do but a guy at the field beens flying for 30 yrs and said its the best flyer hes seen....He did amazing things with it.
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Feb 07, 2012, 08:32 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Wow your first post and u bash this plane. Ooook. Let me just say it is fragile but mine lasted 100's of flights and taught me alot. I just recently stripped it and tossed it. Could have still flown it really.

Crazy hover, knife edge and rolling harriers plane. I couldn't touch what this plane could do but a guy at the field beens flying for 30 yrs and said its the best flyer hes seen....He did amazing things with it.
I would agree, its a great flyer, 3D with no question. The inside is tight, this is why the Canopy Mod was so popular. It seem most people that have issues with the plane holding up, use too big of a motor, too big a lipo, or both and the chassis is not made to take going over the suggest parts weight.

I would like to welcome langsethnw to RCG and hope he has gotten all that negativity out of his system, so he can become a productive member of our online community.... Was that a tad over the top?
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 12, 2012, 09:49 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,912 Posts
Selling Mine

For Sale - LPU in St. Louis MO area

See it here > http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1690472
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:54 PM
Hex Heads, Hex Heads!!!
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
243 Posts
Can you post a detailed parts list fo the ones you'd reccomend? Looks like a great plane.
rtbreeder is offline Find More Posts by rtbreeder
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hex Heads, Hex Heads!!!
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
243 Posts
Looks like a great plane. Saving up for it right now. (I'm 13) I've got a DX6i, and from what i've been told, it wont work with a Futaba receiver. I decided to use an old receiver from FancyFoam, and some Hitec servos. HOWEVER: If anyone knows of a way I can use the Futaba stuff with my DX6i, please please PLEASE let me know.

-rt
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
88 Posts
I've owned 2 of the airplane, I have to say if you are 3d beginner. I would strongly recommend you to stay away from this airplane, because the fome meterial is so fragile and the airframe construction is so week that it won't survive any slight mishap . I kinder agree with langsethnw that It breaks apart every time you touch it. Skywing 39" and 48'' flat fuse series look similar, but they are waaaaaaaay more durable than the Silhouette .
freesex is offline Find More Posts by freesex
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:37 AM
Champagne Supernova
Joined Jul 2010
1,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freesex View Post
I've owned 2 of the airplane, I have to say if you are 3d beginner. I would strongly recommend you to stay away from this airplane, because the fome meterial is so fragile and the airframe construction is so week that it won't survive any slight mishap . I kinder agree with langsethnw that It breaks apart every time you touch it. Skywing 39" and 48'' flat fuse series look similar, but they are waaaaaaaay more durable than the Silhouette .
True. Also take a look at the west michigan park flyers epp 3d planes. Thats how I learned.
FlyHighSelllow is online now Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:17 PM
Hex Heads, Hex Heads!!!
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
243 Posts
Indoor Capabilities?

This model can fly indoors, correct?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:45 AM
Champagne Supernova