HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2009, 03:05 AM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78dave
John if I was in Germany I would hung you (or buy you a beer). Thanks for positive comments.

Funny on later flights the canopy cover popped off and I thought I saw where it went down. I had to brush hog my pasture/flying field and of course the next time I went flying I found it cut to pieces from the mower. I made a quick one of of some scrapes and I am good as new.
Dave you welcome and if you were here we would be flying in the huge open field next to my rented house while drink the October-fess beer now available in stores. If you like wine there is the young wine called Federweisse also known as neue wein only available during the fall.

Strange how you lost the cover, I was thinking that field served a good purpose but posted pitfalls too. If you crashed into it the plane would be cushioned but if you lost something, etc, etc. Keep posting great reviews I really enjoy getting information about which plane I will or will not purchase.

Thank you

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:50 AM
WARNING: May contain spam
United States, CA, Alpine
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveto3d
I agree Express, but to better your own case you should probably deter from mentioning another foamies site for batteries.
I mentioned the site simply because they're the only ones that I know of who sell Mojo lipos
Xpress.. is offline Find More Posts by Xpress..
Old Sep 26, 2009, 10:54 AM
United States, WI, Milwaukee
Joined Sep 2008
802 Posts
Nice Review!!
Brownie433 is offline Find More Posts by Brownie433
Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:24 PM
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
VERY unhappy

I am VERY unhappy right now

I finally got mine in the mail after it being 4 days late, and I am rewarded with a very damaged and unuesable plane that I am NOT going to build.

If this is how Great Planes' products are going to arrive, they can officially write me off from being a customer forever.

And no, it wasn't shipping damage. The box wasn't physically damaged at all. It was 100% manufacturers fault.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 08:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2005
1,752 Posts
I understand your frustration right now. I have heard that Great Planes is good at backing up their products, so just fly when weather is good and build when its not.
lammy1000 is offline Find More Posts by lammy1000
Old Sep 26, 2009, 08:29 PM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
I know mine was taped down with the wing on top like the picture in the review.. As well it was double boxed. I am absolutely sure they will get you a new one out ASAP.
78dave is offline Find More Posts by 78dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2009, 09:46 PM
Stockton, Ca. USA
Joined Apr 2001
9,601 Posts
Nice review Dr Dave. I enjoyed learning about the plane. Mike H
Michael Heer is offline Find More Posts by Michael Heer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 26, 2009, 11:18 PM
Joined Oct 2007
21,001 Posts
Quote:
I know mine was taped down with the wing on top like the picture in the review.. As well it was double boxed. I am absolutely sure they will get you a new one out ASAP.
I know they're good with backing up their products, and they're good with customer support, it's just that I've never had a plane come from them in this condition. I can infact build this one and straighten it all out, but I'd prefer to have the plane in out of box condition for the manufacturer

Also, upon looking at the shipping box, I found a shoe print where it was stepped on Do the shipping companies really not care at all about customer satisfaction?!
Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:37 AM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
Let me tell you about shipping. My wife ordered some stuff and the shipping company said it was delivered but we could not find it anywhere. We called and they said it was delivered to the porch. We looked more and could not find it. Finally needing to run some errands she drove out of the driveway and found the package tied to a branch hanging near the end of the driveway.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:22 AM
Greg
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
Nice review as always Dave, thanks. Was staring at one of these at my LHS a couple of months ago when they first hit the shelves but opted to hold off until I saw something on the forum, as it looked a little brittle for my style of flying (bit challenged at times) but I really liked the size (bigger flies better). Think I'll snag one next time the opportunity presents itself.

Any tips on what to do with the bottom of the fuse if you decide to remove the landing gear? Appreciate the effort and candid-ness you put in! Greg
gregnemma is offline Find More Posts by gregnemma
Old Sep 27, 2009, 04:49 PM
BadPilot
United States, IL, Custer Park
Joined Nov 2007
1,706 Posts
Quote:
Let me tell you about shipping. My wife ordered some stuff and the shipping company said it was delivered but we could not find it anywhere. We called and they said it was delivered to the porch. We looked more and could not find it. Finally needing to run some errands she drove out of the driveway and found the package tied to a branch hanging near the end of the driveway.

Dave
What kind of transport company will survive in the current financial crunch doing business like that. That delivery person should get the boot. I know Brown (UPS) has a time table they force their driver to follow and many times that table doesn't consider traffic or customers asking questions.

I will pick a fight, let me at em.... LOL

John
badpilotto is offline Find More Posts by badpilotto
Old Sep 27, 2009, 08:28 PM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,319 Posts
Greg, get a roll of wide stripping tape the fibered stuff and lay down a long band. That should do it. I have been flying on the grass with mine and have not had any problems though with the gear as the grass is getting thinner as we get towards fall and winter. They do protect the nose.

John you are a good guesser. Brown is the winner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2009, 09:37 PM
Greg
United States, ID, Boise
Joined Feb 2009
11 Posts
Perfect, thanks Dave. I was thinking maybe some 1/4oz fg cloth, used that to reinforce the landing gear area on my parkmaster and worked good, worried about weight on this one, that and it might not look as good! Thanks again and keep the reviews coming!

Greg
gregnemma is offline Find More Posts by gregnemma
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:36 PM
Wabash,IN
Joined Sep 2009
2 Posts
I have to admit I've not had much fun with foamies, but this is the best foam plane I have ever built or flown. As a beginning 3D flier it is very forgiving and amazingly durable. The review is right on and I highly recommend...
Good Flying, Dave
nelsoda2 is offline Find More Posts by nelsoda2
Old Sep 27, 2009, 11:10 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,460 Posts
Electrifly's Silhouette 3D EP ARF 40 (12 min 4 sec)
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy