SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 05, 2010, 09:26 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Hi Bill,
Just wanted to give you an update. Managed to get a couple of flights in yesterday evening and the tracker once again worked perfectly. So it was definatly the RCV922 Cam that i previously had that was causing the problem.
Smashed 2 PB's yesterday too, distance now over 10200ft and GPS speed 111mph
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2010, 10:00 AM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthWorkx View Post
Hi Bill,
Just wanted to give you an update. Managed to get a couple of flights in yesterday evening and the tracker once again worked perfectly. So it was definatly the RCV922 Cam that i previously had that was causing the problem.
Smashed 2 PB's yesterday too, distance now over 10200ft and GPS speed 111mph
hmmm hey Bill, my Stryker has an RCV922 cam on it too (been having lots of problems)..... now I'm gonna have to swap out the cam and see what happens
aaronredbaron is online now Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old May 05, 2010, 10:16 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Try pointing it at the sky, then down at the ground, then cover the cam with your hand, see how it effects the telemetry led.
Old May 06, 2010, 11:45 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
RocketJoe,
Quote:
I set 0 as N--90 as E -- and then set maxccw and max cw..
This should work fine, as long as you selected "Finalize Pan Angles" after you set those four. Further, if you could calibrate 270 degrees, that would be even better (even if 270 is max CCW).
Quote:
tracker (EE) doesn't do anything..sometimes it moves randomly ...this is in the flite sim...I now have up and down and flite sim seems OK but no tracking..
If the panning is not correct when the flight sim is being used, assuming the telemetry light is blinking and the simulated plane is flying around in circles, I think the problem is your pan calibration. If the problem persists, I'd recommend the "Reset pan/tilt" option under the pan/tilt calibration, and recalculating the pan and tilt. I'd calibrate 270, 90, 0, and then click "finalize pan angles" and then calibrate tilt.

StealthWorkx, thanks for the RCV922 update. I suspect that this is something we can fix easily, as long as we can get it reproed. I have ordered an RCV922. Hopefully the circuitry/firmware in the one I ordered is not different than the one you have.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old May 07, 2010, 12:53 AM
Joined Apr 2007
544 Posts
RE: Bill
If the panning is not correct when the flight sim is being used, assuming the telemetry light is blinking and the simulated plane is flying around in circles, I think the problem is your pan calibration. If the problem persists, I'd recommend the "Reset pan/tilt" option under the pan/tilt calibration, and recalculating the pan and tilt. I'd calibrate 270, 90, 0, and then click "finalize pan angles" and then calibrate tilt.

OK ill try it again...let you know wattz up then..tkx
RocketJoe is offline Find More Posts by RocketJoe
Old May 07, 2010, 02:01 AM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
Hi Bill,
Sounds encouriging, I'm actually getting a stock of cameras now and i tried it with another RCV922 and it worked ok. I don't mind sending you the trouble Cam if it helps you out.
Old May 07, 2010, 06:23 AM
Resistance is Futile
United States, FL, Panama City Beach
Joined Oct 2001
2,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
I checked them all out and just bought the antenna pan/tilt unit from readymaderc.

Thanks

I already have the Elogger 3 and OSD (not used yet) but might have to get the OSD Pro. So I suppose the next step is to get the Eagle Eyes and GPS for the Elogger 3. I have a 2.5inch DVR and small monitor.

Is that the basics that I need to get besides the goggles?
You will need the OSD Pro for use with the Eagle Eyes system so I would get it before the Eagle Eyes.

Have a good one,

Rob
camship is offline Find More Posts by camship
Old May 07, 2010, 10:34 PM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by camship View Post
You will need the OSD Pro for use with the Eagle Eyes system so I would get it before the Eagle Eyes.

Have a good one,

Rob
I see hobbycity have OSD Pro but not the eagle eyes.

I see readymaderc have the $89 OSD Pro Expander but I also see the they have the 10Hz GPS Expander Module for $79.

http://readymaderc.com/store/index.p...5937dc9184aab7

This is what I was going to get but I also see a combined unit OSD Pro Pkg with 100A eLogger/Integrated Connectors and GPS for $239. Will the cheaper stuff do or is the $239 one better remembering I have the elogger 3.

I see DPC.AF have the EagleEyes but there must be somewhere that has all the stuff?

Thanks
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old May 10, 2010, 09:47 PM
Lewis Center, OH
Joined Jun 2006
2,275 Posts
Hey guys,
A while back some people were talking about shorter a/v cables and that there didn't seem to be much available. Well, I made an investment and had some quality cables with right angle connectors custom made.

http://readymaderc.com/store/index.p...roducts_id=211

Although I had asked for 15", they messed up the order and gave me 12". Well, it turns out that 12" works perfectly on my pan/tilt setup and the Eagle Eyes. I still am ordering some slightly longer ones for people that want to use them with their own pan/tilt setups and the Eagle Eyes (40cm (15.6")instead of 30cm(12")).
Mr.Pibb is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Pibb
Site Sponsor
Old May 11, 2010, 03:26 AM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pibb View Post
Hey guys,
A while back some people were talking about shorter a/v cables and that there didn't seem to be much available. Well, I made an investment and had some quality cables with right angle connectors custom made.

Although I had asked for 15", they messed up the order and gave me 12". Well, it turns out that 12" works perfectly on my pan/tilt setup and the Eagle Eyes. I still am ordering some slightly longer ones for people that want to use them with their own pan/tilt setups and the Eagle Eyes (40cm (15.6")instead of 30cm(12")).
I recently had a problem with my EagleEyes setup that was cured by disconnecting the the screens from one end of each of the cables between the receivers and EagleEyes (in my case four cables - two video and two sound). This removed a ground loop as the ground was also formed by the power supply from the battery to the EagleEyes and to each of the receivers.

Peter
Peter Seddon is online now Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Old May 11, 2010, 08:45 AM
Old fart. VAAATSP
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Joined Jun 2004
2,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Seddon View Post
I recently had a problem with my EagleEyes setup that was cured by disconnecting the the screens from one end of each of the cables between the receivers and EagleEyes (in my case four cables - two video and two sound). This removed a ground loop as the ground was also formed by the power supply from the battery to the EagleEyes and to each of the receivers.

Peter
Not sure what you are referring to when you say "SCREENS". Is that the braid or outer conductor of the cables?

Later;

D.W.
d_wheel is offline Find More Posts by d_wheel
Last edited by d_wheel; May 11, 2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old May 11, 2010, 08:53 AM
Central Connecticut
Joined Jan 2010
416 Posts
I am guessing that Peter is indeed referring to the braided outer conductor, the shield.

Here's a snippet from Wikipedia's page on ground loops:

Quote:
Sometimes, [audiophile] performers remove the grounding pin from the cord connecting an appliance to the power outlet; however, this creates an electrocution risk. The first solution is to ensure that all metal chassis are interconnected, then connected to the electrical distribution system at one point (often referred to as a "single-point ground"). The next solution is to have shielded cables for the low currents, with the shield connected only at one end (this, however, increases the possibility of radio frequency interference (RF) since the shield may act as an antenna). Another solution is to use isolation transformers, opto-isolators or baluns to avoid a direct electrical connection between the different grounds. However, bandwidth of such is of consideration. The better isolation transformers have grounded shields between the two sets of windings. In circuits having high frequencies, such as computer monitors, chokes are placed at the end of the cables just before the termination to the next appliance, e.g., the computer. These chokes are most often called ferrite core devices.
I think the proper answer here is to employ ferrite cores, not to introduce bigger antennae by separating the grounds.
HariEdo is offline Find More Posts by HariEdo
Old May 11, 2010, 11:13 AM
France
Joined Sep 2009
80 Posts
Good news Tim !

Quote:
Hey guys,

J'ai essayť un c‚ble plus court possible avec un angle et c'est ce que j'ai trouvť!
here it's my station :

My next order will these cables when you receive your tx 1.3 GHz (for a second station)

++
fjnetcom is offline Find More Posts by fjnetcom
Old May 11, 2010, 03:27 PM
Solihull, England
Joined Jun 2004
964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HariEdo View Post
I am guessing that Peter is indeed referring to the braided outer conductor, the shield.

Here's a snippet from Wikipedia's page on ground loops:

I think the proper answer here is to employ ferrite cores, not to introduce bigger antennae by separating the grounds.
Sorry - screens are olde English for the shield or braid.

Peter
Peter Seddon is online now Find More Posts by Peter Seddon
Old May 12, 2010, 02:13 PM
THEY MOSTLY COME OUT AT NIGHT
Kaysville, Utah
Joined Jul 2005
1,253 Posts
Mr. Pibb and fjnetcom, What exactly are the LC filters feeding in your setups? I do not have any filters at my base station, but I have been wondering about adding some.

Quote:
Hey guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjnetcom View Post
J'ai essayť un c‚ble plus court possible avec un angle et c'est ce que j'ai trouvť!
here it's my station :

My next order will these cables when you receive your tx 1.3 GHz (for a second station)

++
chimaera is offline Find More Posts by chimaera