Old May 10, 2009, 11:10 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Discussion
Help setting up v-tail function with Eclipse 7 - no ailerons

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to setup a v-tail on an electric sailplane with no ailerons. I want the motor on a switch, and to be able to use the right stick for controlling pitch and yaw attitude.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Rob
robh is offline Find More Posts by robh
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hitec / Multiplex USA
Joined Apr 2004
222 Posts
You can set the Eclipse to glider mode/2-wing. Then go into the edit menus and select vtail. This will give you vtail on 2 and 4. Then go into A-R mix and enable it. This will mix the aileron to the rudder. No everything is on the right stick and the throttle is on a switch.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
TOhm is offline Find More Posts by TOhm
Old May 14, 2009, 09:24 PM
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOhm
You can set the Eclipse to glider mode/2-wing. Then go into the edit menus and select vtail. This will give you vtail on 2 and 4. Then go into A-R mix and enable it. This will mix the aileron to the rudder. No everything is on the right stick and the throttle is on a switch.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Thanks very much for the info Tony. Also, if I have two spoiler servos, would they then go into channels 1 and 5, then set them up using Crow? I'll give it a try, and see if that works.

Rob
Old May 15, 2009, 11:51 PM
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Tony...?

If I have two spoiler servos, would I wire them together and use a single connector on the receiver, or could I keep them separate and use which receiver plugs, based on your previous comment - use channels 2 and 4 for ruddervators?

How would I get the spoilers to function using the proportional throttle stick for variable control of them? Is there a way to do this, or would they have to be on a knob like VR1, or switch?

Thanks again for your help!

Rob
Old May 19, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
It's best to call about programming as it's sometimes difficult to explain via the forums or e-mail.

(858) 748-6948

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old May 23, 2009, 10:56 AM
Napa, California
Joined Jul 2006
2,604 Posts
Hi Mike,

PM sent...

Thanks,

Rob