HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by EJWash1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 10, 2009, 01:25 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,390 Posts
Discussion
Building And Flying In The Southwest USA

Down here in the Southwest USA (near Phoenix, AZ) it gets too hot to fly R/C about 0900 or so from about mid-June to late September. Good time to get something on the workbench, if you have an air conditioned shop...

The bummer is that ideal flying conditions overlap with ideal building conditions. I guess I'll have to adapt the ways of the snow bird.
EJWash1 is online now Find More Posts by EJWash1
Last edited by EJWash1; Dec 08, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 25, 2009, 08:23 AM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,390 Posts
This last Saturday I put a 1/6 scale Sig Citabria down on the workbench. Started building on top of a 2' X 4' ceiling tile. This was my first time trying this. It was really soft and did not hold pins securely. I abandoned it after attaching the wing ribs to the internal main spars. I ordered a Great Planes building board and will give that a try.

EJWash
Old Oct 21, 2011, 12:12 AM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Hi EJ, My name is Travis, i recently aquired a RC 1965 Liberty Sport N185L completly built and almost finished (I think its missing a feul tank), and since you seem to have had a a lot of experience with this particular plane, i was hoping you might be able to help me value it. I have lots of pictures. If your interested please let me know,
TB007 is offline Find More Posts by TB007
Old Oct 21, 2011, 11:08 AM
AMA 910957
Joined Mar 2008
5,390 Posts
Hi Travis,

Presently I have a Sig Liberty Sport kit, NIB. I flew one in the early 1980s and remember it being pretty docile and not a "peppy" performer.

As with most Sig kits of the time, the Liberty Sport is what Sig terms as a "builders kit" - in otherwords a big box of wood that will transform into a flying model *IF* the plans are followed...

I'll taKe a look at the kit and get the date off the plans, but I'm sure it was a mid-70's kit.

I keep a pretty close eye on the classic Sig kits on eBay, and when a Liberty Sport shows up, it gets $175-$225. As far as price of a built model, it really depends on construction and current condition. The pics would help a lot.

EJWash
Old Oct 21, 2011, 06:45 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
Ej , if you fire me an email at Travis_Bouvier@hotmail.com i can send you the pictures of this beast Thanks.
TB007 is offline Find More Posts by TB007