HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Sofa King, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 10, 2009, 12:24 PM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
Yippee!
Shrike .15 (.25)

shrike 15 ready to go....i used a os la .25 ...9x8 prop.....i hope to get it out to fly soon....also hope its a little faster than the Kadet that it looks like i need to add a few pictures of ....

the pilot is one i saved off a .60 corsair...trimmed the shoulders a little and fit right in there...

the devil/angel trucker girls are some i printed off and cut out over some black monokote
Sofa King is offline Find More Posts by Sofa King
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2009, 03:27 PM
Always Electric!
Boise, ID
Joined Jul 2003
300 Posts
Looks very nice. The pilot adds quite a bit as well. Faster than the kadet? I assume you're joking; with the larger engine in it it should haul.

Do you have two servos on the aileron? Did you consider trying to add some kind of rudder control? I'm thinking of resurrecting mine (took the guts for other projects) They look cool and go really fast. What is your weight with the larger engine (ready to fly)?
nikolaus_c is offline Find More Posts by nikolaus_c
Last edited by nikolaus_c; May 10, 2009 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 10, 2009, 04:48 PM
United States, AZ, Kingman
Joined Jun 2005
536 Posts
yes i was kidding on the kadet....

ailerons in the wings would be a great mod......as far as rudder i hardly use the rudder when flying....

i had a thought about some wheels...but i didnt want any drag slowing it down....retracts would add a little weight...hmm...

the cg was off because of the engine change...the rx battery is all the way back...now its just about right....i'm not sure on the weight as i dont have a scale...

....after i can get mine in the air and banged up a little i will probably make some changes

...drop me a pm or a link when you get yours going....
Sofa King is offline Find More Posts by Sofa King