HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by subsinker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 06, 2009, 02:41 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Trader Rating: 14
For Sale
Dumas Mr Darby Tugboat

Hi,

You are looking at one of my unfinished projects. This is the Dumas Mr. Darby. I have built three of these monsters over the years and I have incorporated little changes to make them better each time I build one. Unfortunatly for me, this one has been sitting for too long and I realize that i will never "Git R Done" So, I am offering it up for sale at way below the cost of what it would be to buy new. (Dumas stopped production on this hull years ago so you can't buy one new anyway)

Included are all the blueprints, instructions, extra parts to finish it, etc. The boat has the Harbor Models #1018 power setup. This setup includes the huge Pittman motors and all the accessories listed on their webpage http://www.harbormodels.com/site08/i...arby_info5.htm Also installed is a Futaba 75Mhz 7 channel reciever, two ESC's and a quarter scale servo for the rudder. This is a very powerful and capable setup. (see pictures). Also included is the dust from sitting (no extra charge and I will wash it up prior to purchase) Luckily, the main mast or the wheelhouse has not been permanatly attached so breaking down to ship should be fairly easy.

The superstructure is about 75-80% done with mostly smaller details to be built and installed. Again, I believe I have everything. Some of them are duplicate as I use sheet styrene as a substitute for the wood Dumas supplies. However, it will be up to you to wire and finish it out. I am offering it for the ridiculously low price of $500.00 (without shipping) The Harbor Models power units cost almost that much.

If you would like to come and inspect it prior to purchasing, we can set up a time. As for payment, I will take cash (pickup only) check, money order or Paypal. If you insist on paying via Paypal I do ask that you pay for their greediness (3%) I would naturally prefer to have a local pickup as this is a rather large and difficult item to be shipped. ( It is also ballasted in the stern and the weight is probably 25-30 pounds or so now) If it is possible to meet somewhere within 150-200 miles from me I can probably do that too, if you are willing to pay me mileage both ways. We can work that out. Shipping will be very expensive and I would prefer to take it to a professional UPS store for packing. Most likely it would go in two or three boxes. Also please note: if you choose to have it shipped I cannot be held responsible for whatever happens to it after it leaves my physical custody.

However it works out, i do expect some sort of payment within 7 days.

Thanks for looking & have a great day!
subsinker is offline Find More Posts by subsinker
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cleveland
Joined Oct 2004
84 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Where are you located?
marky1 is offline Find More Posts by marky1
Old May 06, 2009, 04:54 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marky1
Where are you located?
Central Illinois

Thanks!
Old May 06, 2009, 09:24 PM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Jun 2005
844 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Some one will be getting a bargain for this boat. It looks great.
Spaceshuttle1 is offline Find More Posts by Spaceshuttle1
Old May 07, 2009, 01:25 PM
WAK
United States, CA, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Can you provide me with the outside dimensions, and deduct the mast height
or anything else that could be removed for shipping, and are you close enoughg to deliver it to Elk Grove?
Are the motors installed, or could you put them in?
Yes, I am interested, but in CA. I do have someone in Elk Grove who could
crate it and ship for me...
WAK is offline Find More Posts by WAK
Old May 08, 2009, 09:24 AM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAK
Can you provide me with the outside dimensions, and deduct the mast height
or anything else that could be removed for shipping, and are you close enoughg to deliver it to Elk Grove?
Are the motors installed, or could you put them in?
Yes, I am interested, but in CA. I do have someone in Elk Grove who could
crate it and ship for me...
Hi,
The boat is approx 50 inches long x 17 inches tall and about 14 inches wide (rough est) In addition to that, the superstructure and the box of parts, plans etc would also have to be shipped.

I am employed in Lisle (Ill) approx 20 miles from Elk Grove. I could bring the boat to work and make arrangements for it to be picked up there for you.

best regards,
Pete Olson
Old May 08, 2009, 12:57 PM
WAK
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Pete,
Is there some kind of "cradle or base" that you use to transport it, (ould that be included) or how would you move it? I ask because I'll have to impose on an acquaintance if it really needs to be picked up, and I'm not sure how big the guys car is. You mentioned in your original post that you were willing to meet somewhere (quite a distance), so perhaps you could drop it off at a warehouse in Elk Grove where you would receive full cash payment. I have not decided yet, as I still have to look at the cost of packing and shipping however this is part of my line of work so it may not be as bad as I think. Were the motors installed, and is it really 75-80% complete with just some detail on the super structure left? From the pics, it looks RTR?
You can e-mail me if you want to get this off the posts.
Thanks,
Bill
Old May 08, 2009, 02:55 PM
Modesto, California
Joined Apr 2009
42 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
PM sent
ahkneenah is offline Find More Posts by ahkneenah
Old May 09, 2009, 07:47 AM
Joined Jun 2007
53 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
You have PM...
Tugboatjoe is offline Find More Posts by Tugboatjoe
Old May 11, 2009, 10:07 AM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugboatjoe
You have PM...
Joe,
Sent reply to your PM....please check your mail slot.

Thanks!
Pete
Old May 11, 2009, 11:51 PM
WAK
Joined Feb 2007
11 Posts
Jim,

I am still very interested, but you have not responded,
Is the boat now sold?

Thanks,
Bill
Old May 12, 2009, 07:51 PM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAK
Pete,
Is there some kind of "cradle or base" that you use to transport it, (ould that be included) or how would you move it? I ask because I'll have to impose on an acquaintance if it really needs to be picked up, and I'm not sure how big the guys car is. You mentioned in your original post that you were willing to meet somewhere (quite a distance), so perhaps you could drop it off at a warehouse in Elk Grove where you would receive full cash payment. I have not decided yet, as I still have to look at the cost of packing and shipping however this is part of my line of work so it may not be as bad as I think. Were the motors installed, and is it really 75-80% complete with just some detail on the super structure left? From the pics, it looks RTR?
You can e-mail me if you want to get this off the posts.
Thanks,
Bill
Bill,

No, it is not sold quite yet. Yes, it is about 75-80% done with all the major structures built. All that is left is to wire it and build and install final details. Motors are installed as are ESC's, reciever and rudder servo. As I have never finished it I have no cradle. It sat on the floor of my workshop.

As for delivery, yes I would be willing to bring it to Lisle. From there, I would be willing to meet someone to pick it up.

Thanks!
Pete
Old May 16, 2009, 09:39 AM
USA, IL, Dwight
Joined Sep 2007
31 Posts
still for sale.
Old May 16, 2009, 08:53 PM
WAK