HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:15 AM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post
@Odorboy The mystery panel is the underside of the nose, where the IC motor would have been. Let me know how you get on with the flight settings.

If anyone has suggestions for more accurately modeling the flight characteristic of foamy warbirds, please don't be shy.

Hey hoghead

I've found the easiest way of editing scheme is to export the map (2D image) to an external editor, Photoshop in my case. ....
I tried those flight settings. For lack of a better term, I found the model a bit squirrely to fly. I've attached some settings I made using the Spitfire foamy but adjusting the weight and thrust/weight ratio to reflect the Durafly P-51 with 3S pack. Curious what you think (since I've haven't flown the real deal yet, it's all just speculation on my part.) Note that I have my Epos in my radio, not in this model.

Basic scheme editing question - how do you export an existing model scheme from Phoenix into say Photoshop (which I use). I got the Mustang scheme from an earlier post in this thread. I don't know how to do this 'properly'. I downloaded and installed Phoenix Creator Beta today, but it hung when I tried to open a .BMP file from the guts of Phoenix.
odourboy is offline Find More Posts by odourboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:00 AM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Hey!

Normally I start by selecting new > project in PhoenixCreator. You then browse to your preferred model (fixed-wing > scale > p51 mustang). With the pony in the workspace choose tools > export to external editor. Now you should be able to choose where and how you want to save the template/map. I prefer leaving stock name alone and saving over existing file. Will try settings ASAP
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Old Feb 08, 2013, 10:09 AM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Yep - got it! Thanks
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:02 AM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
OK, I think I might have overshot the mark! While the pure Spitfire version is undoubtedly more fun to fly, I still think it needs a bit more "bite" to prepare you for the real thing. I'm going to try to find the middle ground...

BTW Are we getting O/T, or is this thread also OK with discussing fight characteristics?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:07 PM
Flying>Life
Joined Jan 2013
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVrider58 View Post
Hello Joseph,

The Shuriken is very difficult to paint, i have it in work, but because of the bad template the bottom side can't be paint as the original. The bottom side is only in orange or when i paint the letters on the top side, the bottom side looks like the skin of a tiger Because the bottom side is in the template from the top side!
I have made the skin in light blue and orange, or what colours do you want and with letters or without letters........let me know!
i dont really care, green and blue would be cool. sorry for for trobles
joseph
JosephSzczur101 is offline Find More Posts by JosephSzczur101
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:10 PM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post
Hey SVrider (650 or 1000?)

Do you know if it is possible to extract the 3D models from Phoenix? If so, it might be possible to adjust the mapping...

Cheers!
Q
Sorry i don't know!

SV 650 S K6
Look at the photo last post at this site
SVrider58 is offline Find More Posts by SVrider58
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:11 PM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephSzczur101 View Post
i dont really care, green and blue would be cool. sorry for for trobles
joseph
O.K. then i will do in green and blue!
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Ah nice bike! Tech 3 Suzuki?

I've simply gone and averaged the settings between the PZ Spitfire (scaled to 1100mm) and my previous (v3) overly-obstinate concoction. Though still in need of fine-tuning, I think that v4 isn't a million miles off the real thing.

While learning to fly my HZ Super Cub, I would practise on Phoenix before and after going to the field, adjusting the plane where needed. This seemed to "calibrate" my brain relative to the simulator and the real thing. Hmm... or something like that. The similarities between flying IRL and on the sim are obvious, the differences less so. Experiencing both in short sequence seemed to reinforce the positives, and I found myself "flying" the binary point-cloud in the same fashion as the electric foamy. Which again boosted the effectiveness of practising. Is this a benevolent circle?
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:40 PM
Enginerd
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Feb 2013
15 Posts
Quagga - That model I could get used to! Pretty responsive, but not too wacky.

Got one more Frankie Mustang scheme for you. Spent all morning in Photoshop tweaking it.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Oooh, lovely! With your latest skin and the v4 settings, I pronounce this model a "reasonable facsimile"
Stick a fork in it?

BTW The other Durafly models apparently very similar to the Mustang. Scaling the existing P-47, Spitfire, Corsair, etc to 1100mm and adding the v4 settings should allow you a good starting point to recreating the other Durafly models. Now if we could only import .3ds models like in FMS...
Last edited by Quagga; Feb 08, 2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
48 Posts
Hey Guys,
I didn't have made the Pawnee yet. But the Krill Spark Evo.
It was a lot of work, but now it looks really great.
Hope you like it.

pollux
pollux is offline Find More Posts by pollux
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:17 AM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
Wow, that is one mean-looking bird!
What I'm concerned about is what happened after screenshot 2...
Are you dragging the wing-tip on the tarmac? INVERTED?!?
I'm assuming that it was intentional?

Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:22 AM
Joined Jun 2012
48 Posts
Of course the plane flies further, what else!
pollux is offline Find More Posts by pollux
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:31 AM
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
3D = black magic
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:37 AM
Germany, NRW
Joined Jan 2011
307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVrider58 View Post
O.K. then i will do in green and blue!
Here it is! And the orangeblue version too! Hope you like it!