HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 03, 2009, 03:56 PM
Flying Extraordinaire
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined May 2006
69 Posts
Help!
Black Widow Av Digi-Live and camera Zoom

I am only posting here because I have sent about 4 e-mails in the last month to Blackwidow Av and have yet to receive an answer. I guess they are pretty busy...

I am looking into purchasing the Digi-live - Digital Photography Live Video Downlink Wireless video preview for my digital camera. They say that it previews what your camera sees, My question is this - if I use the zoom function on my digital camera would I indeed see this via the Digi-live downlink? or do you simply see what the view finder would see?

Thanks in advance.
Fossil1977 is offline Find More Posts by Fossil1977
to remove ads between posts
Old May 03, 2009, 04:41 PM
Oklahoma City
Joined May 2004
1,678 Posts
Normally when you connect a video out cable to the camera, the camera screen will go blank, and the video is sent to the external display.
The wireless video will transmit whatever was displayed on the camera LCD screen. This will include zoom. You will also have a second of blackout after taking a shot while the camera writes to the memory card.

I would also try some other vendors. Find one that will answer email.

Morris
MorrisM is offline Find More Posts by MorrisM
Old May 03, 2009, 04:53 PM
Joined Nov 2007
547 Posts
I also have had bad service with email replies but it does seem like the website pushes rather to phone him. I have 2 of the Digi-live and both have been great and came soon after ordering them..

As far as what you will see it will show the zoomed image as you would see it on the LCD (thats on all of my cameras anyway) To check this just use the cable the camera comes with to view your images on your TV. What you see on the TV is exactly what you will see on the downlink.

Yes you will get a blackout for a second or so after you press the shutter unless your camera is able to disable the preview in the menu
talkthetorque is offline Find More Posts by talkthetorque
Old Jun 07, 2009, 03:57 PM
Flying Extraordinaire
Joined May 2006
69 Posts
What are some digi-live alternatives? I searched the web and forums here but haven't has much luck.
Old Jun 07, 2009, 07:48 PM
UAV Dude KF7HYV
United States, NV, Silver Springs
Joined Mar 2007
1,953 Posts
I bought a cheap GE camera from Wal Mart (10.1 megapixel) which has video out (blacks out the LCD on the camera) and connected it directly to a 900 Mhz transmitter from rangevideo.com. Live camera video is shown on a LCD screen on the ground. everything that that camera would normally display is displayed on the ground. $80 for the camera and $110 for the transmitter and receiver. It's sweet!
johnorama is offline Find More Posts by johnorama
Old Jun 07, 2009, 08:10 PM
Flying Extraordinaire
Joined May 2006
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorama
I bought a cheap GE camera from Wal Mart (10.1 megapixel) which has video out (blacks out the LCD on the camera) and connected it directly to a 900 Mhz transmitter from rangevideo.com. Live camera video is shown on a LCD screen on the ground. everything that that camera would normally display is displayed on the ground. $80 for the camera and $110 for the transmitter and receiver. It's sweet!
What model did you purchase from rangevideo.com?