HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 01, 2009, 04:38 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
Discussion
Just picked up my gpv-1 today for $199

well i made an impulse buy today and yes its a gpv-1..looks good but i had a few Q.C. problems..the first one was when i turned it on the first time the switch came apart (i was very easy on it)and the side that clips in the switch fell on the ground and i cant find it.also the rec. was un-stuck from the chassis and i will have to re-double tape it.the decals are not applied very well and are wrinkeled all over.other than that as of right now it is very cool and i cant wait to give it a try.it does look to be high quality for the price though..mike
dragbikebam is online now Find More Posts by dragbikebam
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 06:35 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
the sticker guy has issues !!! most were like this as for the switch havent had a problem with that yet . also the reciver i had to pry mine off thought i was going to brake it . mabe it got some heat some where . along the way . with shipping now days things travel way out of the way to get where they need to go !!!
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old May 02, 2009, 02:04 AM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
I haven't heard of any switch failures either, but yeahj the stickers, just peel off what you don;t like.

As for everything else, check the 'Hints and Tips' thread to get the best out of it...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1037774
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old May 02, 2009, 12:14 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
i found my little cover for the switch and it snaped right back on.i re-pressed the rec.back on its holding well.so now its all good..now about the deacals, i removed what i didnt like and added a few. i really like the clear windshield idea.thanks dez82 for your research..
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 02, 2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old May 02, 2009, 12:53 PM
Warwick - UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,151 Posts
Very nice, I am just collating all ideas and putting them in one place wit ha few of my own findings, whenever I see a good point I add it to the list, so keep them coming guys!
For the greater good
Dez82 is offline Find More Posts by Dez82
Old May 02, 2009, 04:08 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
i like to do this to my fairings,(cut the ram air hole) just my tastes though, for realizm, i did it to my 501 also..i love to dremel!!still working on windshield.i pulled the original decals off that i wanted to keep and re-applied them and all the wrinkels are gone.. its looking better and better to me.
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 02, 2009 at 05:10 PM.
Old May 02, 2009, 05:10 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
957 Posts
got the glass in

im happy with the results.i used scrape lexan from a 501 body.the trick was to hold it in a pair of adjustable locking pliers, sqeezing it to the shape and heating it slowly (or it will haze up) with a heat gun..my first attempt was not near this nice so i tried it agian and bingo!.