HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old May 01, 2009, 12:06 PM
Joined May 2009
72 Posts
Discussion
BH order...how hard can it be?

I ordered a RTF plane from BH. About 225 dollars worth. They printed a manifest on 4/26. Then..its 5/1 and no plane. I called on 4/30 and they said it would ship that day. It didn't. How freaking hard can it be to put the plane in a shipping box and give it to the UPS guy, or send me a quick note
saying shipping is going to be delayed a week because of (insert reason).

Now I've filed a Paypal dispute and want a refund. Its a whole big mess.
A 10 word note by email would have avoided all this.
Whoever is answering the phone and chat must be an independent customer service..service, because they don't seem to know anything.
edibill is offline Find More Posts by edibill
Last edited by edibill; May 04, 2009 at 02:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 12:33 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edibill
I ordered a RTF plane from BH. About 225 dollars worth. They printed a manifest on 4/26. Then..its 5/1 and no plane. I called on 4/30 and they said it would ship that day. It didn't. How freaking hard can it be to put the plane in a shipping box and give it to the UPS guy, or send me a quick note
saying shipping is going to be delayed a week because of (insert reason).

Now I've filed a Paypal dispute and want a refund. Its a whole big mess.
A 10 word note by email would have avoided all this.
Whoever is answering the phone and chat must be an independent customer service..service, because they don't seem to know anything.
I am very sorry you feel like it was a disaster. Our website says clearly it can take up to 3 Days to Process an order. We have hundreds of orders a day and it is impossible to ship an order the day it is received. 4/26 is a Sunday. We do not work on weekends. Come Monday, we process the weekend orders. Today is Friday May1st. Your order most likely was shipped out yesterday. Now I would like to have your order number so I can have the package rerouted back to us. You never even gave us a chance before you filed a dispute. At 10:30 am Friday, May 1st, for an order you placed on Sunday April 26th, you already filed a dispute. On a side note, our customer support and live chat are in house. They sit just to the right of me. They have direct information from the shipping department which is in the warehouse 15 steps away from me. We do not use any out sourced employment for customer support.

Banana Hobby
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old May 01, 2009, 01:35 PM
Joined May 2009
72 Posts
Just respond to the Paypal dispute and refund my money and
all will be resolved. Your customer service person wanted me
to drop the dispute before I got a refund, in a sense threatening
not to refund my money unless I drop the dispute.

Just respond to paypal, offer the refund through their message
system and I'll drop the dispute according to the paypal proceedures.

If the item is delivered in the meantime, I'll drop the dispute immediately.

If there is no response by 5/3, I'll escalate the dispute per the paypal
proceedure.

Its just business. I ordered the plane and paid instantly. I had no
communication from you for 6 days, found lots of bad feedback about
BH on my internet search, became concerned about my money and filed a dispute on Paypal to try and protect my funds.

I filed a dispute 4/30 after no response to my emails about my order, no answer when I tried to call about half a dozen times and no response to the chat window.

I did finally get through on 4/30 and was told the plane would ship that day. It didn't, or if it did, I was never provided a tracking number other that the one someone generated on 4/26..reguardless of the day of the week..the manifest says 4/26.

I watched the tracking number all week and there was no activity. No package was ever actually checked in to UPS. No email was sent to me saying that shipping is delayed a bit.

Refund the money or deliver the item by 5/3 and everything will be dropped.
Last edited by edibill; May 01, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old May 01, 2009, 02:32 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Just respond to the Paypal dispute and refund my money and
all will be resolved. Your customer service person wanted me
to drop the dispute before I got a refund, in a sense threatening
not to refund my money unless I drop the dispute.

Just respond to paypal, offer the refund through their message
system and I'll drop the dispute according to the paypal proceedures.

If the item is delivered in the meantime, I'll drop the dispute immediately.

If there is no response by 5/3, I'll escalate the dispute per the paypal
proceedure.

Its just business. I ordered the plane and paid instantly. I had no
communication from you for 6 days, found lots of bad feedback about
BH on my internet search, became concerned about my money and filed a dispute on Paypal to try and protect my funds. Refund the money or deliver the item by 5/3 and everything will be dropped.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I have turned things around here 180 from where this company was before I got here. It has only bee 9 months and I am working hard each day to make it better and better. Please provide me with your order number so I can at least pull it up and resolve this.

Pete
Old May 01, 2009, 04:11 PM
Park Flying Bumpkin
South Central Texas
Joined Apr 2008
182 Posts
ebill,

You ordered it on a Sunday which in the business world is a Monday order and you file a dispute because it didn't (or may not have) shipped on Thursday? Wow. Have a little patience, it can do wonders for your disposition.

My $.02.

-Keith
keithtx is offline Find More Posts by keithtx
Old May 01, 2009, 06:41 PM
Wind blows
Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2007
2,896 Posts
Kids these days.
Laggard is offline Find More Posts by Laggard
Old May 01, 2009, 07:42 PM
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Lord I thought I was bad when they had a accedentally mixed up and shiped me the wrong thing. Pete and his staff jumped on it and took care of me.

Pay-pals proceedure is 45 days to dispute a claim then pay pal has 30 more days to make a discission. The one key thing pay pal said when i just read their process of handleing a claim is You must wait 7 days to allow for shipping before opening a dispute for an item not received. the 26th was a sunday they according to pay=pal don't have to even ship it till 5/5 bud your jumping the gun there.

The folks at Banana are doing one hell of a great job since Pete took it over. If your this worried about ordering on the web then save yourself a heart attack and don't. my first order was mixed up but i have ordered 2 more planes and no problems at all.

Any company dealing with UPs has a pick up time once a day it can be at 12 noon till 4 in the afternoon. Lets just say theirs is 3 because I don't know what their real time is your order comes in on Sunday well they take orders in the order their received so Friday and Saturnday orders would come before yours they would start processing them Monday at a 100 to 150 orders a day you'd be lucky if a Sunday order even got processed on Monday I worked for a fortune 50 company and thats how it went there.

Give Pete a chance its the differance in night and day since he took it over. And If you let them they'll do a great job for you.

Lamorta
Lamorta is offline Find More Posts by Lamorta
Old May 01, 2009, 11:27 PM
Joined May 2009
72 Posts
I bought this on the 23. Was notified by UPS BH printed a shipping label/manifest on the 26. Then I watched as they failed to actually ship the item well into the 30th. Called, no answer. Emailed...no answer.
Did a search, saw reviews that worried me, then did what I needed to do to protect my funds. I was well within PayPals guidelines for the level of action I took.

I'm not a kid. You don't know me. Why put me down?

It was my money. You hang your money out there for a week with no communication or activity, then see how comfortable you feel.

Pete and I have resolved this through PM's. If he refunds my money then neither he or I are out any money, leaving the door open for future business.
Last edited by edibill; May 01, 2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old May 02, 2009, 08:46 AM
Park Flying Bumpkin
South Central Texas
Joined Apr 2008
182 Posts
edibill,

I am sorry for speaking without all of the facts, I thought the order had been placed on the 26th.

I personally would not have filed a dispute after only one week given that there was activity on the 26th but that is just me. I suppose that HC has taught me patience.

-Keith
keithtx is offline Find More Posts by keithtx
Old May 02, 2009, 09:06 AM
Just Me
United States, OR, Salem
Joined Apr 2006
813 Posts
Quote:

It was my money. You hang your money out there for a week with no communication or activity, then see how comfortable you feel.......
Hi Bill or Ed or edibill.....whatever

That one sentence is the biggest problem and it is a huge one....if that was addressed most of the complaints would disappear from these boards.

Glad to hear you and Pete have your problem resolved, took months for mine to get resolved but it finally is.

Don
Brner is offline Find More Posts by Brner
Old May 02, 2009, 12:43 PM
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
I too thought you placed your order on the 26th. I would and have given folks not just Banana more than a week to ship or comunicate that comes from ordering stuff from all over the globe alot of the parts I use come from Japan for my tamyai tanks and from stuff I order from E-bay.

I may not always trust the vendor but pay-pal gives me 45 days to protest a transaction. I know my money is safe with pay-pal and If I order a 500 dollar tank You can be sure I really want it, and as long as I get it in that 45 days I'm good to go. Just Ordered the stealth fighter for Banana when They ship and I've noticed this they ship in a large bulk shipment it saves them money and us so it may sit for a few days waiting for ups to pick it up.

I'm glad Pete took care of your problem Hes a great guy and seems to really care about us his customers.

Lamorta
Lamorta is offline Find More Posts by Lamorta
Last edited by Lamorta; May 02, 2009 at 04:32 PM.
Old May 04, 2009, 02:02 PM
Joined May 2009
72 Posts
Just an update. BH sent me a complete refund today. So I'm fairly impressed now with Pete's intervention and his ability to get things resolved.

In hindsight, I really wish I had found this forum before I filed the paypal dispute. At the time though, I was seriously worried about my money, and I was very disapointed that the plane had not been shipped....so..
whatever. Most decisions are easier looking back.

In the future, I'd order from BH but I'd probably send Pete a private message through this site making sure the item was in stock and give him a heads up on the order.

I edited the title of the thread so it wouldn't sound so negative.

Thanks to all that replied to my thread. Happy flying.
Last edited by edibill; May 04, 2009 at 02:53 PM.
Old May 04, 2009, 02:45 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Glad to be able to resolve this issue promptly. Looking to move this company and hobby forward day by day. Thank you all for your support and for the many that chimed in with good things to say.

Pete
Closed Thread