Old May 01, 2009, 06:22 AM
Suck it and see
Cromer, North Norfolk Coast, UK
Joined Aug 2008
525 Posts
Idea
R/C adaptation from free flight?

Hi Everyone,

The forum seems relatively quiet at the moment, so I thought I would show you all an old free flight autogyro plan that another club member has loaned to me.

It's called "Jumping Jiminy". I don't know the exact era this came from, but judging from the discolouration on the plan, it's quite old.
Knowing how hard it is to get single rotor models to fly well, I am amazed that this ever flew at all!

Anyone like to do a R/C conversion? I'm afraid I can't get it copied as the copyright may still be in force, and the plan is not for sale, as it is not mine, so you will have to go from the higher definition photo I have on Photobucket.

See photo below, or the higher definition version at http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/i82q/JJ.jpg

John
Norfolk Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Norfolk Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2009, 08:11 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,808 Posts
John,
I also have a copy of this old plan, if you want a copy I could make you a copy to build from? I also have others which have better blade construction (like a conventional wings)..but Im with you..how the hell did they get them to fly? all that cone with pretty rigid rotors..see where the balance point is
Im sure they would not fly consistantly as a free flight model? but with a few mods could easily be made into an RC model. If you ever come across any old gyro plans I have a little bit of a collection.....

I say have ago!!

Regards Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old May 01, 2009, 08:48 AM
Suck it and see
Cromer, North Norfolk Coast, UK
Joined Aug 2008
525 Posts
Thanks Rich,

I was particularly interested in the tapered blades. Thanks for the copy offer, but no plans to build yet, too busy getting model(s) ready for May 31st

Off to Rougham tomorrow Hoping to pick up a bargain or two!

Regards

John
Norfolk Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Norfolk Flyer
Old May 02, 2009, 05:04 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,818 Posts
Hi,
Here are two more oldies (sorry for poor photos)

Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand