SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:17 PM
Superior creation science
Roan Mountain, TN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
Good info

Thanks Bill. The manual answered a lot of questions. The paragraphs on p 12 were helpful:
Failsafe Mode
In Failsafe Mode, the OSD Pro returns the servos to a pre-determined failsafe position if radio contact is lost. If your Receiver supports multiple
programmable failsafes, the Failsafe Mode safety is not particularly useful. If you have a receiver that does not have failsafe capability, and does not hold
the servos at the last position (your servos move randomly if radio signal is lost), or a radio with only 1 programmable failsafe, then the Failsafe safety mode
can be used to set a failsafe on all three of your control surfaces, in the event of radio signal loss. The failsafe servo positions are chosen during the Safety
Mode Wizard, described earlier in this document. The “Level Flight” aileron/rudder and elevator settings you indicated, and the “Motor Off” throttle
setting you indicated during the wizard are recorded for use as the Failsafe Mode failsafe settings.
Return to Home Mode
Return to Home (RTH) attempts to recover your model if you lose radio contact. Both traditional fixed wing models, and elevon or vtail models, such as
flying wings, are supported.

I wonder if you could just implement some "mouse over" text that would show that? Or maybe a parenthetical comment about seeing the manual with a hot link to it.

Anyway thanks very much for the super fast reply. That helps a lot.
dougclind is offline Find More Posts by dougclind
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2010, 04:38 PM
Superior creation science
Roan Mountain, TN
Joined Sep 2008
24 Posts
I do have one other question. I guess I could figure it out if I closely studied the manual but it's a little hard without the hardware in front of me. But does it automatically record the home position when you power it up or do you have to do something?
dougclind is offline Find More Posts by dougclind
Old Sep 11, 2010, 01:31 PM
near Stgt/Germany
Joined Feb 2003
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougclind View Post
I do have one other question. I guess I could figure it out if I closely studied the manual but it's a little hard without the hardware in front of me. But does it automatically record the home position when you power it up or do you have to do something?
Automatically and if you want manualy again.
mr..speed is offline Find More Posts by mr..speed
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:39 AM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
260 Posts
Locate """ALL""" PDF's, manuals ect on one page. Not hyperlinked all over the place. Its like a treasure hunt looking for manuals ect.....
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Jan 11, 2011, 05:46 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tconners View Post
Locate """ALL""" PDF's, manuals ect on one page. Not hyperlinked all over the place. Its like a treasure hunt looking for manuals ect.....
http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Support/manuals.htm
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jan 12, 2011, 01:58 PM
My tapeworm tells me what todo
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Feb 2007
260 Posts
Cool, I suck at navigating the site.
tconners is offline Find More Posts by tconners
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:52 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,044 Posts
lol
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Jan 14, 2011, 09:14 AM
KJ4YYJ
Saint Petersburg FL
Joined Jun 2009
727 Posts
I would like to see a set of Video on setting up RTH using the Easy Star.
And show the similator run from turning on the computer to all that it can do and the way it should act..
Still setting mine up. When I turn everything on the Altitude goes from 0 to -317 then I have to climb up from there.
And the RTH turns take up a distance of 500 feet at first and then as going around Home the distance lessen??
(when I'm flying at the field with the stick at the same place as my ET set up, the Easy Star turns very will.)
When I let go of the aileron stick ( similator ) the > keeps turning for about 1/4 to 1/2 turn.
I think see the simulater working correctly could answer many question for the new person first time set-up.

Sorry for rambling on.
I just have too many " I'm not sure"
Have Not tried this in real life yet
EugeneFlorida is online now Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
Old Feb 23, 2011, 05:06 PM
United Kingdom, England, Gt Lon
Joined Nov 2007
2,646 Posts
Hi I have just come across the thread, but I wanted to add my feedback:
Duplicate navigational button for example you have a navigational button for about us, contact us and dealers in the same header. There is only a need for one.

The design is ok but it screams a website template I know this because I have actually come across this template before in the very early days as a web designer.

There is no need for a flash header and this can actually impact on your SEO as bots will not be able to pick up any text within the flash header. I also think the background to the product displayed leaves a lot to be desired as it feels unrelated and seems to serve the only purpose to fill up white space with the looping animation often being distracting. I think the use of white space could be improved as all the pages feel cluttered due to large amounts of text expanding to the whole width of the page.

I don’t see the need for the eagletree url to be displayed on the top right hand corner as the logo is already prominently displayed and users already have the url visible under the url box.

For accessibility reasons all your images should have relavant alt tags.

You may also want to look into creating a favicon so that when users bookmark any of your pages they can spot all pages bookmarked under your site.

RSS feed for product releases would be appreciated by a lot of fpv flyers, as were all looking for your new product releases

Quick links to product manuals displayed on your home page would be useful but only for a couple of say your three latest products.

On the home page the new column dominates the page with too much text, this is adding to making the pages feel cluttered and as result the page could do with more breathing space. The page also displays a search box that is only available on certain pages that are randomly positioned. This should have prominent display on all pages in the same position and size.

The layout feels really boxy, and there are some inconsistencies with typography for example the header on the reviews page and privacy policy should be the font shown throughout the site. This issue also applies with font size.

Many of the pages need additional padding/ white space above the header. This applies to the about us, reviews, support, product page etc.

A contact form should be displayed on the contact page.

Random gadgets are placed on some pages for example the google translate drop down menu under the support page. This would be very useful for non english speaking nationalities but it is hidden on one page. This should be displayed on pages allowing for users accessing any page to quickly change language.

Some pages have inconsistencies with placement and positioning of images and text for example the Sailplane Variometer and Data Logging product description page contains text that is aligned to the left and centered with an inconsistency in whether if you want an image border or not. Some have an orange border some black and some none at all. This also applies to border thickness. I also feel that there’s an issue with the proportions of the thumbnails when they all should be the same.

You should also look into adding google analytics to your site which I find invaluable in finding out who exactly your users are from what they are interested in and much more information you would find invaluable. Also its free!

In my opinion if you have the funds you should look into a redesign. Your site is currently using tables which provides you far less flexibility when styling and positioning your main page content compared to divs.

I realise these are all pretty much criticisms but I hope you find my feedback useful.
malcr001 is offline Find More Posts by malcr001
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Mar 2013
349 Posts
Hi Eagletree Staff

First of all i have to Congratulate you on a Beautifully made hard and software which makes Rc Flying much more fun, and enjoable.
( sry my English spelling ).

I have started reading and installing my eagletree and eagle eye, and i find it difficult to read and remember alla the Things, so sometimes i sit and read some pages and the NeXT afternoon when i want to put what i have red into action there is nothing in my head, and i find that my friends have the same problem. SO we were talking about how we could overwin this problem. WE all agree on we need someone with experience, someone WHO knows the system very good, and he should put everything infront of him and start installing everything and documening it with writing and Pictures.
That would need just a couple of sides and it would help EAGLETREE TO SELL MORE, because people can see " that it isnt as hard as they thout ".
Offcourse there are many people with different problems, but at least this helps everyone to rise to the challange of installing everything as a pro does.
Please take that to considiration and if you have allready made such a side please let me know, so that i can share it with my friends....

Thank you very much eagletree/eagleeye Staff
FriFlyers is offline Find More Posts by FriFlyers
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:28 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriFlyers View Post
Hi Eagletree Staff

First of all i have to Congratulate you on a Beautifully made hard and software which makes Rc Flying much more fun, and enjoable.
( sry my English spelling ).

I have started reading and installing my eagletree and eagle eye, and i find it difficult to read and remember alla the Things, so sometimes i sit and read some pages and the NeXT afternoon when i want to put what i have red into action there is nothing in my head, and i find that my friends have the same problem. SO we were talking about how we could overwin this problem. WE all agree on we need someone with experience, someone WHO knows the system very good, and he should put everything infront of him and start installing everything and documening it with writing and Pictures.
That would need just a couple of sides and it would help EAGLETREE TO SELL MORE, because people can see " that it isnt as hard as they thout ".
Offcourse there are many people with different problems, but at least this helps everyone to rise to the challange of installing everything as a pro does.
Please take that to considiration and if you have allready made such a side please let me know, so that i can share it with my friends....

Thank you very much eagletree/eagleeye Staff

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1717573
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 04, 2013, 03:17 AM
Bunbury, WA, Australia
Joined Oct 2006
53 Posts
Downloading GUARDIAN 2D/3D software

The download address goes off to:-

http://dev.eagletreesystems.com/inde...ory&path=63_70

I can't get to send anything through the contact page.

Please can you give me a download address to get the software, I want to update my Guardians and set up to fly!

Regards,
George.
GEORGE III is offline Find More Posts by GEORGE III
Old Nov 05, 2013, 11:12 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Apr 2013
435 Posts
Sorry for the problems George. It can be downloaded here for now;

http://www.eagletreesystems.com/Late...beta/setup.exe

Regards, John
JohnET is online now Find More Posts by JohnET
Site Sponsor