HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Rumple, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 06, 2009, 07:52 PM
United States, PA, Ephrata
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Perfect. Thanks guys. Just ordered a Sabre 47. You guys using servos in the stock location in the rear with the battery mounted wing? I'm looking at getting the same setup as Rumple, a Neu 1506 and gearbox. Probably heavier than an outrunner setup.

Mike
bikeman is offline Find More Posts by bikeman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2009, 08:16 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeman View Post
Perfect. Thanks guys. Just ordered a Sabre 47. You guys using servos in the stock location in the rear with the battery mounted wing? I'm looking at getting the same setup as Rumple, a Neu 1506 and gearbox. Probably heavier than an outrunner setup.

Mike
My bird is a hair on then nose-heavy side with my batt mounted like it is... alternatively mounted in the wing should be perfect with all servos in stock positions and using a 1506/3D/6.7F.

Not sure about an outrunner setup being lighter. You talking about a very low-power setup compared to the 1200W we put throught the 1506/3D/6.7F?

Looking forward to hearing about yours!
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:24 PM
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Good news. My wife told me to order the motor and gearbox for my Christmas gift. She's a keeper!

Mike
Old Dec 09, 2009, 07:58 PM
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
1,048 Posts
Quote:
Good news. My wife told me to order the motor and gearbox for my Christmas gift. She's a keeper!

Mike
Nice! for sure!

that setup will be a keeper too!
spastic is offline Find More Posts by spastic
Old Jan 01, 2010, 05:15 PM
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Do the Neu motors come with any type of prop shaft/collet? Gonna put an order together soon while I wait for Neu to build and ship the motor and gearbox.

Mike
Old Jan 01, 2010, 05:26 PM
Ignint McNugget
behind Jaggi lines
Joined Jan 2004
907 Posts
Quote:
Do the Neu motors come with any type of prop shaft/collet? Gonna put an order together soon while I wait for Neu to build and ship the motor and gearbox.

Mike
The P32 gearbox has a 6mm output shaft, so you'll need an appropriate collet/adapter.
Rumple is offline Find More Posts by Rumple
Old Jan 01, 2010, 07:30 PM
Joined Dec 2005
509 Posts
Thanks.

Mike